Ryan Taylor

Dave

Yup. We've had to rely a lot on squad players this year and to be fair the likes of Raylor, Guthrie and Perch have rarely let us down.

Perch being an excellent example. He made a mistake against Didier Drogba and that's about it. We all know he isn't the most talented player we have, but as our fourth choice central/defensive midfielder he hasn't really let us down.

Raylor has had a great season,I like him a lot but I don't think we can push on with him.Guthrie is different,he's actually a brilliant passer of the ball.Perch has over-performed but I don't rate him.shola is a scapegoat who deserves the criticism generally.obertan has been destroyed sometimes for very little but I don't believe he is good enough either.

Depends what you mean by "let us down". Against Norwich and West Brom he was absolutely horrendous, he's a million miles away from being a Premier League centre half.

Maybe he just isn't a centre half? He' been decent enough at CM when he's had to play there. Not the answer by any stretch of the imagination, but every team outside of the new 'big 3' would struggle to have a quality 4th choice CM or 4th choice CB, without paying mint wages.

By not 'let us down' I mean it's not like he hasn't tried or has single handedly cost us.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Seems a sound lad, funny on twitter and has obviously worked hard when played but he's incredibly limited. I'm happy to have him up until his contract runs out but after that we can get players with a lot more physique and ability.

Our squad players haven't been disasterous but to argue that they're the reason behind our success is ludicrous. I can't think of many good sides that have a bigger disparity between key players and the squad players than ourselves.

We've basically got a few players who could legitimately claim to be the best in their position in the whole league and a number who are barely top flight quality. We've been carried this season by heroics from our best players.

Ryan Taylor = Player of the season.

This is a joke?aren't you a shola fan as well Heza.Raylor massively affects our fluidity,passing,movement and shape.I only want to see him getting sub appearances

No more so than Obertan who when he gets the ball doesn't run with it, or HBA who's been guilty several times of keeping it himself too much.

This is a joke?aren't you a shola fan as well Heza.Raylor massively affects our fluidity,passing,movement and shape.I only want to see him getting sub appearances

No more so than Obertan who when he gets the ball doesn't run with it, or HBA who's been guilty several times of keeping it himself too much.

Yes, but he is not nominating them for player of the season.

I would start Raylor before I'd start Obertan without a shadow of a doubt. I'd start HBA before starting Raylor without a shadow of a doubt. Raylor is at least direct and has a weapon. Obertan is a player I can't ever enjoy because I always feel like he's going to make a mistake and he often does. At least HBA when he loses the ball is at least trying to make openings and push on forwards

I'm not a Shola fan, I'm more of a "Don't follow the general consensus because it seems the popular thing to do" kinda guy. Obertan and Shola are undoubtedly our scapegoats, regardless of the good things they sometimes 9and I appreciate rarely) do. People like Ben Arfa and Santon get wanked over, but in reality it's our lesser players this season who have 'upped their game' who made the difference. We have a quaity spine in our squad with very good footballers - Krul, Coloccini, Tiote, Cabaye, Ba and possibly Cisse, but like it or not it's the Jonas', Simpsons' and Taylors of our squad who have made us excel better than we had originally expected.

Players might not be the best in terms of ability, but football is more than simply just that.

Attention-seeker then. :lol:

I love Heza's support for the less popular players but Colo, Ba and Krul are a million miles ahead of Raylor for a start.

Been really impressed with Raylor this season though and completely changed my mind on him. Will be a very important squad player. Once everyone is fit I would have HBA on the right but I am not disappointed to see Raylor starting there while we are depleted :)

I'm not a Shola fan, I'm more of a "Don't follow the general consensus because it seems the popular thing to do" kinda guy. Obertan and Shola are undoubtedly our scapegoats, regardless of the good things they sometimes 9and I appreciate rarely) do. People like Ben Arfa and Santon get wanked over, but in reality it's our lesser players this season who have 'upped their game' who made the difference. We have a quaity spine in our squad with very good footballers - Krul, Coloccini, Tiote, Cabaye, Ba and possibly Cisse, but like it or not it's the Jonas', Simpsons' and Taylors of our squad who have made us excel better than we had originally expected.

Players might not be the best in terms of ability, but football is more than simply just that.

Yes of course. Danny simpson  :uglystupid2:

I love Heza's support for the less popular players but Colo, Ba and Krul are a million miles ahead of Raylor for a start.

Been really impressed with Raylor this season though and completely changed my mind on him. Will be a very important squad player. Once everyone is fit I would have HBA on the right but I am not disappointed to see Raylor starting there while we are depleted :)

Who are you waiting for? Steven Taylor?

Fair play to Taylor for resurrecting his career here but let's not forget that's his 3rd season here and he's had 5-6 good games in that time. He's limited in every aspect of the game and also on a decent wage (apparently). Useful cover for multiple positions but the more he starts ahead of Ben Arfa the more critical I'll be on him, because I'm a BEN ARFA LOVAAA!

Who are you waiting for? Steven Taylor?

Cabaye and Tiote.

Raylor has had a good year, but that's because he's not a great player so we don't expect as much from him. He's been part of a defence that was not shipping much for first 1/3 of the season and he's chipped in with some spectacular goals and free kicks. He's a championship player with the ball delivery of a top 4 team player. I like him as he has been versatile and compliant with what we needed at times. He doesn't have enough energy, pace and movement to compliment the requirements of a top half Premiership team, but what a great free kick and long range shot he has on him. He can produce something others can't in that area which makes him unique. Left back or right midfield, he's not been good enough overall but he's done something to win us games which ends up being more important. Has lost games on some occasions and in others we've managed to get away with it.  For the future we need better but you can say that about quite a few players in our side. He isn't a bellend of a person, so I have a soft spot for the guy. Good squad player.

No, just a sheppard not a sheep. You baaastard.  :iamatwat:

Or wandering lunatic sheep who is left to die in the cold :shifty:

Lunatics tend to gain more followers regardless.  :cool:

Not in a domain of sane conversation  :coolsmiley:

Not in a domain of sane conversation  :coolsmiley:

Where is the sanity in all your profanity, my brother?