Ryan Taylor

Dave

I like him as a squad player as he can cover many positions and isnt actually that bad of a player ( shit defender mind)

But if this time next year Santon and HBA are being benched in favour of him then my opinion might change drastically :lol:

Decent cover and by all accounts a good professional and bloke. Shouldn't be in our first team with everyone fit though.

That's my constant worry. Don't mind him being a squad player but Pardew will pick him all the time.

Guest Roger Kint

Unbelievable attitudes on here at times.

Complain about lack of squad depth...complain about very usable squad player signing new contract.

Totally agree with this and what Dave said.

Guest Roger Kint

Complain about lack of squad depth...complain about very usable squad player signing new contract.

One person? :lol:

Two :lol:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120308/exclusive-taylor-signs-new-deal_2281670_2638836

Ryan Taylor has signed a two-year contract extension at Newcastle United.

The 27-year-old, who can play in a variety of roles across defence and midfield, will now remain at the Sports Direct Arena until 30th June, 2015.

Taylor arrived on Tyneside in February 2009 from Wigan Athletic and made ten appearances as the Magpies were relegated from the Premier League.

The Liverpudlian played a key role in getting Newcastle back into the top flight at the first attempt, but his 2010/11 campaign was disrupted by injury and he was limited to just a handful of games.

It is this season where Taylor has really flourished, however, first being a regular at left-back before more recently taking up a role on the right-hand side of midfield.

He scored the only goal of the game in the Tyne-Wear derby at the Stadium of Light back in August with a free-kick, and to date, Taylor has missed just two of United's 27 Premier League fixtures this season.

"I'm over the moon. It's been a quiet one to get done and didn't take long," said Taylor.

"I stated not so long ago that I would love to stay here, and that has always been the case. Playing every week helps, and having a good manager has been a massive plus for me as well.

"When the gaffer came in first of all I was injured, so I've had to prove myself to him. But this season has been great for me on a personal note, and to have played every Premier League game bar two or three then it's been a great season."

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said: "I am delighted to secure a contract extension for Ryan. He has been outstanding for me this season wherever I have asked him to play.

"Ryan is a fantastic player who is firmly in the hearts of our fans, not only for his derby winner against Sunderland but also because of some excellent performances in the Newcastle shirt.

"On the back of agreeing new deals last week with Tim Krul and Fabricio Coloccini, this gives us a huge boost going into the final 11 games, and hopefully Ryan can help us make this a truly memorable season."

Unbelievable attributing the opinions of one to many on here at times.