Ryan Taylor

Dave

I am not a fan of Anita at all, and Abeid has been just OK (with some poor errors) since returning from injury, imo, but the presence of Taylor in the middle is probably the single most baffling tactical decision I have seen in my time following the sport. There is just no reason for it. He was injured and out of contention for most of the season, and only originally saw the pitch because Haidara/Dummett/Janmaat were injured and once in the team performed miserably at his preferred position of fullback. As a result of this, he is now first choice in a position he has rarely if ever played? Colback (who sometimes struggles to compete physically, anyway) may as well play alone in that area because Taylor has no attributes of a midfielder.

Or a defender.

Or a professional player.

I am not a fan of Anita at all, and Abeid has been just OK (with some poor errors) since returning from injury, imo, but the presence of Taylor in the middle is probably the single most baffling tactical decision I have seen in my time following the sport. There is just no reason for it. He was injured and out of contention for most of the season, and only originally saw the pitch because Haidara/Dummett/Janmaat were injured and once in the team performed miserably at his preferred position of fullback. As a result of this, he is now first choice in a position he has rarely if ever played? Colback (who sometimes struggles to compete physically, anyway) may as well play alone in that area because Taylor has no attributes of a midfielder.

Agree 10000%. It's crazy. Colback & Anita/Abeid would struggle but this... this lunacy.

i can only think that Raylor is in the team for his set pieces but since he has been in the team they have been woeful.  i am sure he has managed to put a corner kick straight out of play in 3 successive games and the ones he has kept in are big high floaty ones which you have no chance of scoring directly from.

"Ryan Taylor over the wall" the fans once sang because he fluked a free-kick goal against the mackems, and injured himself badly soon after. The players wore tops with his name on to wish him well. In Carver's mind, he's probably doing US a favour by playing the fans' favourite in any old position just to get him on the pitch.

John Carver was defended on Monday after being slammed for playing golf six days before Newcastle’s relegation showdown.

The head coach was joined by his coaching staff and player Ryan Taylor at Close House Golf club, Northumberland, sparking outrage among some fans.

:mysterysolved:

John Carver was defended on Monday after being slammed for playing golf six days before Newcastle’s relegation showdown.

The head coach was joined by his coaching staff and player Ryan Taylor at Close House Golf club, Northumberland, sparking outrage among some fans.

:mysterysolved:

:kasper: That makes for some grim reading.

Raylor wasn't good enough six years ago in 2009 FFS. And I think the only reason we bought him was because he kept scoring against us.

Douglas questioned why he was playing raylor over abeid in an article over the weekend.

spinless c***!!!!!! why doesnt he ask carver himself during one of his press conferences in stead of giving him an easy ride!

Just saw this but a great point. I never understood why he and Pardew got such easy questions in the press

Douglas questioned why he was playing raylor over abeid in an article over the weekend.

spinless c***!!!!!! why doesnt he ask carver himself during one of his press conferences in stead of giving him an easy ride!

Just saw this but a great point. I never understood why he and Pardew got such easy questions in the press

Because if they ask anything other than "What is your favourite colour John?" They'll get banned. Still doesn't excuse not giving him a hard time when he deserves it. Saying that Carver would probably struggle trying to answer that question tbf.

Because if they ask anything other than "What is your favourite colour John?" They'll get banned. Still doesn't excuse not giving him a hard time when he deserves it. Saying that Carver would probably struggle trying to answer that question tbf.

Aye but even when you see Mourinho say something controversial there are rarely decent follow up questions, they just move on which is ridiculous

if there was any level of analysis or criticism in the English game carver would have been crucified for this taylor bollocks and it should ensure he never works again

When he's finally binned off from here, where do you think he'll find a job? I doubt anyone would let him take PE in a primary school, never mind manage a football club. I'd like to see him buy a small inn and become a pub landlord. In Dublin.

if there was any level of analysis or criticism in the English game carver would have been crucified for this taylor bollocks and it should ensure he never works again

When he's finally binned off from here, where do you think he'll find a job? I doubt anyone would let him take PE in a primary school, never mind manage a football club. I'd like to see him buy a small inn and become a pub landlord. In Dublin.

Some other dinosaur will offer him a coaching job, he might even blag his way into a managers job lower down tbh. Never underestimate the benefits inherent in being on the Brit coaching merry go round.

But aye, hopefully alcohol poisoning somewhere will be his next move.

Some other dinosaur will offer him a coaching job, he might even blag his way into a managers job lower down tbh. Never underestimate the benefits inherent in being on the Brit coaching merry go round.

Way over the top. :lol: He's a crap footballer but I wish him well when he leaves as it's not his fault he's getting games and he seems to be a decent person. 

Way over the top. :lol: He's a crap footballer but I wish him well when he leaves as it's not his fault he's getting games and he seems to be a decent person.

Don't want him to die like, even though I don't buy this decent bloke stuff, I think he's proven the last few months he's an absolute cunt personally.

Don't want him to die like, even though I don't buy this decent bloke stuff, I think he's proven the last few months he's an absolute cunt personally.

Hasn't done anything apart from being a bad footballer has he?

Don't want him to die like, even though I don't buy this decent bloke stuff, I think he's proven the last few months he's an absolute c*** personally.

Talking about Carver isn't he?

Don't want him to die like, even though I don't buy this decent bloke stuff, I think he's proven the last few months he's an absolute c*** personally.

Talking about Carver isn't he?

Carver aye :lol: