Post-Kinnear Appointment

oldtype

I must admit I wouldnt mind Mowbray as our manager. Add some quality to the style of play he seems to like his teams to play and I think he could do a good job.

He's off his tits. As they pointed out on MOTD, he'd rather enjoy watching his team play well - yet get beat every week - than stay up, or so it seems. ???

And he's a Smoggie. :aww:

I must admit I wouldnt mind Mowbray as our manager. Add some quality to the style of play he seems to like his teams to play and I think he could do a good job.

He's off his tits. As they pointed out on MOTD, he'd rather enjoy watching his team play well - yet get beat every week - than stay up, or so it seems. ???

...and so was Brian Clough...!!!

thought we liked principles round our way?

think about it like this - it'll be a fucksite easier to achieve success if your philosophy is for attacking, passing football and you can get average players playing great stuff...once you get the opportunity to sign better players then i see no reason why it shouldn't succeed, a la KK getting us promoted, for example

if your philosophy is for hoofing it up the fucking pitch :kinnear: then it doesn't matter how good the players are in a sense, you'll only ever achieve a certain amount in this day and age

very, VERY impressed with the way west brom played yesterday

also should be noted we'd need to pay compensation for mowbray, so we might as well forget it

Didier Deschampsis still unemployed, do people still want him?

Yeah, I take him.

I would take Deschamps in a heart beat. However due to the fact I believe he left Juve over a dispute with the board about transfers this is a non starter.

Guest FlapjackJoe

Yeah, I take him.

I would take Deschamps in a heart beat. However due to the fact I believe he left Juve over a dispute with the board about transfers this is a non starter.

Didier Deschamps was one of very, very few managers that actually touted himself for the Newcastle United job after Keegan walked (and probably knowing WHY Keegan walked).

He will be a great choice.

He's got experience of getting a team to Europe and being successful.

He's also got experience of getting a big club promoted back to the top division.

Either way, he'll come in handy next season.

Yeah, I take him.

The 'water carrier' has a tiff at Monaco as well.

Walked out on two clubs & has been out of the game for while, may as well get Kevin back.

Yeah, I take him.

The 'water carrier' has a tiff at Monaco as well.

Walked out on two clubs & has been out of the game for while, may as well get Kevin back.

This - Deschamps is not the right man for NUFC.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1158785/HATCHET-MAN-Newcastle-bring-manager-NOW-face-life-Championship.html

Newcastle need to have a proven manager in place this week or they will be  relegated.

It is well known that Chris Hughton, a decent coach, is not up to the top job and Colin Calderwood's stint at Nottingham Forest hardly breeds confidence.

With games against Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Aston Villa looming before the end of the season, life is going to be tough and the two-point gap between Newcastle and the relegation places will close quickly.

Even if Joe Kinnear was in prime health, it is doubtful he would be able to steer the club out of trouble.

But he is not and despite the politics involved, he should be told to get fit after a triple heart by-pass and give permission for a stand-in to take charge until the end of the season.

Whether or not Newcastle could find one is another matter, but if they threw money at an experienced Premier League campaigner they might have a chance of survival.

Not much of an article, but seriously, our owner must be the only person in the world who can't see it. :rolleyes:

Ashley will not pay any more money on bringing in a new manager in my opinion. He's trying to do everything on the relative cheap (in footballing terms anyway).

We all heard the stories when he took over about how he gambled with 100's of thousands of pounds on the turn of a card or whatever.

That's what he's doing now, taking a gamble. Only not only is he doing it with his own money, he's doing it with the future of the club.

Guest dover

lets bring in Roy Keane, hes a good chance of keeping us up, if not hes proven at championship level he can bring us straight back. He will definately leather dennis wise. If he makes a success of NUFC the mackems will be fucking gutted. Im not saying hes perfect or hes a long term solution, but in the level of managerial appointments by the current board of JFK and Chris Hughton hes a better option.

lets bring in Roy Keane, hes a good chance of keeping us up, if not hes proven at championship level he can bring us straight back. He will definately leather dennis wise. If he makes a success of NUFC the mackems will be fucking gutted. Im not saying hes perfect or hes a long term solution, but in the level of managerial appointments by the current board of JFK and Chris Hughton hes a better option.

this is what it's come to is it?  roy keane?

jesus

Ashley as a owner imho has not the inclination  to employ a top manager he just wants a yes man with no balls .

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/Eleeta/P__Coronation-Street.jpg

Next one in then...........

Ashley as a owner imho has not the inclination  to employ a top manager he just wants a yes man with no balls .

clearly has no understanding of the game huh?  hasn't been a 'yes man' made it in top flight football yet, they always get found out

I still can't make sense of Llambias saying they've been impressed with Kinnear.

I'd rather they just came out and said he's cheap, and we can't be fucking arsed looking for someone else than feed us yet more inane nonsense that none of us will buy in a million years.

The two of them (he and Ashley) really are fucking muppets when it comes to football.

Guest dover

lets bring in Roy Keane, hes a good chance of keeping us up, if not hes proven at championship level he can bring us straight back. He will definately leather dennis wise. If he makes a success of NUFC the mackems will be f***ing gutted. Im not saying hes perfect or hes a long term solution, but in the level of managerial appointments by the current board of JFK and Chris Hughton hes a better option.

this is what it's come to is it?  roy keane?

jesus

No Joe Kinnear is what its come to  :kinnear:

There's a big difference between a 'yes man' and a manager who is mature and professional enough to know he's not king of the world and needs to work within a club's structure.

So surley theres better manager's out there than Kinnear who would know he needs to work within the clubs structure? Why not go out and try & get a better one?

I think it's going to shake out very simply.  Assuming there is a cash shortage it may come down to how the Keegan constructive dismissal case works out.  If Keegan wins, settles for a high figure or is not resolved in time, JFK gets an extended contract at a low price.  If Ashley wins and Keegan gets nothing or little, the club look for a higher profile, more expensive gaffer.