Post-Kinnear Appointment

oldtype

Ketsbaia.  Absolutely Ketsbaia.  We don't need a manager capable of managing the madness of this club, we need a manager mental enough to embrace it.  Someone who won't crack under the weight of expectation and show their age, but who will thrive because of it and get better.  Someone who won't shout at players because of poor performances, but may physically harm them instead.

Give Ketsbaia the job and a 357 magnum and this club will be fixed in no time. 

Someone to out-mental the club, I like your thinking.

To me, Ketsbaia, Terim and Bruce sound like the strongest contenders so far mentioned, for their differing reasons.

Been saying this kind of thing for years now, but my true desire would be shaped by knowing exactly what Ashley intends to do with the club - who would be best suited to managing our club with him around.

Guest firetotheworks

I really like what Roy Hodgsons doing at Fulham and would like him here, but I also think its a bit shit trying to steal him from another club when theyre doing so well.

Ketsbaia.  Absolutely Ketsbaia.  We don't need a manager capable of managing the madness of this club, we need a manager mental enough to embrace it.  Someone who won't crack under the weight of expectation and show their age, but who will thrive because of it and get better.  Someone who won't shout at players because of poor performances, but may physically harm them instead.

Give Ketsbaia the job and a 357 magnum and this club will be fixed in no time. 

Someone to out-mental the club, I like your thinking.

To me, Ketsbaia, Terim and Bruce sound like the strongest contenders so far mentioned, for their differing reasons.

Been saying this kind of thing for years now, but my true desire would be shaped by knowing exactly what Ashley intends to do with the club - who would be best suited to managing our club with him around.

i like that too as it happens, "out mental the club", some total wack-job that will not be able to tune himself into the circus!

got it's merits...still we'd need 11 on the pitch an all

A decent manager, with a proven track record of some kind.

ie Not Shearer (due to the latter) or Bruce (due to the former).

No stupid risky appointments a la Keegan also, the riskiest I'd be prepared to go for would be someone like Slaven Bilić.

In fact give it to Bilić, reckon he might take it in the summer.

Id like to see someone with real ambition with something to prove, to instill the same passion into our players, so for me an Aidy Boothroyd type, not necessarily him but someone like that. I think Shearer is the man, I honestly do but doubt its ever going to happen. Id have any of these:

Paul Jewel

Aidy Boothroyd

Shearer

Keane

Tony Mowbray  :thup:

I understand that there's a lot of sympathy for Mowbray's "style of football," but I've never found him particularly impressive.

Then again, I tend to be biased against managers who shaft my countrymen.

only doubt about him is how good he is in the transfer market..

I understand that there's a lot of sympathy for Mowbray's "style of football," but I've never found him particularly impressive.

Then again, I tend to be biased against managers who shaft my countrymen.

only doubt about him is how good he is in the transfer market..

Mowbray + the TRANSFER TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM then?

woop!

Title makes me feel bad for all the people that wake up tomorrow thinking :kinnear: has been sacked.

Far more likely to walk than get sacked, surely?  We're offering him lucrative contracts to stay here 3 more years!

I've fucking love Ketsbia here to be honest.  Imagine what would happen if Lambias gave him a slap :lol:

Joe's foreign player phobia is becoming more evident every day. The two hopeless late bids yesterday were for Johnson and Kieron Richardson. To think we only got Nolan after he rang round other managers last week is frightening. He should be removed ASAP. Martinez and Bruce would be worth a go.

Would love Ketsbaia but just because he is cult.

Bruce would be good, and him and his scouting team seem to be finding some really good players in South America, and makes his team hard to beat at home

Ketsbaia might get the fans' backing, which is a big plus.

Would quite like to see someone who actually understands the recruitment system we have in place, and the restrictions we're working under. I can't believe their aren't quality managers that would take those limitations and work with them.

I agree - was my choice after Allardyce was fired.

Reasons? Look up his career on Wiki and see how has has been a real battler in both career and personal life(let's face it, ANYONE taking over THIS poisoned chalice is going to need ALL that..!).

Has done well wherever he has been, and even Fergie would have struggled to keep WBA up on Mowbray's meagre budget ; plays attractive football and with a decent striker, would be higher in table.

Still young(around 45), a NE lad and capable of building a CLUB over several years while playing the type of football the fans want to see, which is what Newcastle needs, esp the stability...

Whether he would join the club if we went down and they didn't is another matter, but if we BOTH go down, its a possibility because he's been there over 2 years now, got them promotion, but probably realises there is a limit....there will be no doubt that he is aware of how big a club NUFC could be.

Whatever happens this season,I reckon he's destined for bigger things.

i think mowbray plays fantasy/fm football - ignorant to the situation he is in that is.

with a squad like the one he has (and the one he'd get here) you need to be able to adapt your style, so as to battle your way through many matches. from what i've seen of wba this season, there is much too much "we want to play attractive football" about them....

i think mowbray plays fantasy/fm football - ignorant to the situation he is in that is.

with a squad like the one he has (and the one he'd get here) you need to be able to adapt your style, so as to battle your way through many matches. from what i've seen of wba this season, there is much too much "we want to play attractive football" about them....

Ask the Scots if they thought he played 'Fantasy Football' up there....

You will soon find NUFC fans complaining if they DON'T get so-called Fantasy Football - look what happened when Dalglish was manager(and he inherited a tighter budget than KK), he was slated for playing 'unattractive football', but got us to 2nd place and a Cup Final..he was fired after the second game of a season because of the mortal sin of drawing the first 2 games, one away at Chelsea, because of 'Unattractive football'...what happened when Gullit got the job ? A load of idiots wearing curly wigs and chanting 'Sexy football'....what happened after that? Ask Shearer & Rob Lee.....

And then, there was Allardyce......and then, Kinnear.....

Mowbray got Albion promoted playing decent football - you can't get the players who have those strengths to play a different way in the Prem - its hardly his fault if he hasn't been given the dosh to get the players necessary to change the system ; and don't forget, he was a tough CH himself, so he knows all about defending...

NUFC have tried getting so-called 'proven' managers, incl a foreign one in Gullit who did well at Chelsea...none of it has worked.

The club's only option is to get a younger manager with potential and let him run the club on a proper footing without interference.