Post-Kinnear Appointment

oldtype

Guest MrSundlofer

It's time to go a new way. Lately we have appointed Robson, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan and Kinnear as manager. Get a young hungry modern attacking manager in! Temuri Ketsbaia! He would take it, no doubt.

Kinnear, Wise and Llambias out. Ketsbaia in.

Said it's not that easy.

Guest guinness_fiend

I would take anyone genuinely interested.  This club is rapidly becoming known as a graveyard for managers, so I suspect that the application list will be short.

On TT, they are saying that guy on Skunkers reckons JFK will sign his contract this week.

Dreadful news if true.

Would we really take that news if true.

Its only been a marriage of convenience so far to get our green card to stay up.

Fans have only been accepting him on the basis we cant get anybetter and it will ONLY be until the end of the season.

If he gets appointed full time I think we could see all hell break loose, it might well condemn us to relegation without kicking a ball.

If JFK signs that contract, we may as well have a funeral outside St. James rather than a 'boycout' as it really will be the death of this club.

I would have no problems with the current set up IF it was working, but it clearly isn't!

JFK cannot manage, Wise is doing an awful job as his pupeteer, and the scouting/recruitment team obviously have failed in numerous windows now(none worse than this!)

Surely MA needs to keep this club a saleable asset and if so needs to clear the dead wood(both on and off the pitch) bring in a manager who could lead us up the table(safe bet Bruce, cagey but romantic bet Shearer or Ketsbia! Although what more experience do you want than what he has done with his 'small' club!)

Just son't that this current idiot near a pen and that contract!

Bruce, but realistically he would be mad to leave Wigan/Whelan for us at present.

If we go down, Martinez, Darren Ferguson or Johnson (sp) would do me. For the rebuilding phase of our club.Actually they would do for me if we stay up and funds are available.

If the right backing was in place I would like to see Martinez. Get rid of all the dead wood and start a fresh. He would want time and would have his own unique style. He maybe unproven at the very top but I am sure he is a better option than Kinnear. There will be people saying that he is not experience enough at the top level but they will probably be the same ones saying Shearer needs to cut his teeth at a lower level before taking a job like this.

Tony Mowbray, Deschamps, Zico, Martinez, Ketsbaia and Bilic are all caoaches that I'd like the club to consider for the job, each and everyone has there merits. I think only Martinez would struggle at the club becasue i dontthink he'd get the respect of the players.

fans need more histeria, fans need a messiah, fans need someone who they will support even in tough times, fans NEED shearer

Fans need a slap.

Don't know if your comment was tongue-in-cheek or not, but either way...

fans need more histeria, fans need a messiah, fans need someone who they will support even in tough times, fans NEED shearer

Fans need a slap.

What have they done this time? Scared the decent players away?

i think mowbray plays fantasy/fm football - ignorant to the situation he is in that is.

with a squad like the one he has (and the one he'd get here) you need to be able to adapt your style, so as to battle your way through many matches. from what i've seen of wba this season, there is much too much "we want to play attractive football" about them....

Ask the Scots if they thought he played 'Fantasy Football' up there....

You will soon find NUFC fans complaining if they DON'T get so-called Fantasy Football - look what happened when Dalglish was manager(and he inherited a tighter budget than KK), he was slated for playing 'unattractive football', but got us to 2nd place and a Cup Final..he was fired after the second game of a season because of the mortal sin of drawing the first 2 games, one away at Chelsea, because of 'Unattractive football'...what happened when Gullit got the job ? A load of idiots wearing curly wigs and chanting 'Sexy football'....what happened after that? Ask Shearer & Rob Lee.....

And then, there was Allardyce......and then, Kinnear.....

Mowbray got Albion promoted playing decent football - you can't get the players who have those strengths to play a different way in the Prem - its hardly his fault if he hasn't been given the dosh to get the players necessary to change the system ; and don't forget, he was a tough CH himself, so he knows all about defending...

NUFC have tried getting so-called 'proven' managers, incl a foreign one in Gullit who did well at Chelsea...none of it has worked.

The club's only option is to get a younger manager with potential and let him run the club on a proper footing without interference.

Erm, Robson?

Fans need a slap.

What have they done this time? Scared the decent players away?

The reason I quoted his post was because my comment was related to it. ;) :p

NUFC have tried getting so-called 'proven' managers, incl a foreign one in Gullit who did well at Chelsea...none of it has worked.

The club's only option is to get a younger manager with potential and let him run the club on a proper footing without interference.

They didn't work for various reasons.

Dalglish had Shearer's injury to deal with in his first full season, but despite doing OK in the FA cup he produced some dreary safety-first style football at times that no one wanted to see.

Gullit was a crap manager who could only deal with players as good as he was, he couldn't understand when players didn't know what to do & needed his guidance.  When you're managing players like Zola you can get away with it, when you're David Beharall's manager it fails.  Worse, after the Gullit disaster the then board were shit scared of appointing another foreign manager, limiting ourselves to British managers who, bar Robson, shouldn't be managing a pub team let alone a Premiership team.

Robson did pretty well, once he got rid of Mick Wadsworth.

I'd rather forget Souness ever existed.  A manager in the same style as Gullit but without the charisma.  Total reliance on players knowing what they're doing rather than develop anything resembling tactics or instructions.  Brought in his inept mates as coaches, told 3 of our better players that they'd never play for the club again, spent millions on rubbish.  Makes Kinnear look competent.

Roeder, did great when he had Shearer with him to act as his 2nd in command, but had little support from the players when he took the job on full time.  A nice guy, but too weak.

Fat Sam came in to show us all these new and amazing training techniques & apparently understood tactics.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) the players he had here were totally wrong for his tactics and the players he brought in, bar Beye & Enrique, pretty poor.  He played football so negative that he made Dalglish's tactics look exciting.  If we'd have been winning games too it wouldn't have mattered, but to play shit football & still lose is unforgivable.

For various reasons the proven managers have been garbage & brought in as knee-jerk reactions to deal with some perceived fault from the previous manager's era - players aren''t listening to the manager? bring in that hard nut Souness to sort them, training techniques stuck in the 1800's? bring in Fat Sam & his team, etc.

Appointing a proven manager isn't necessarily wrong, but like buying a Chelsea or Man Utd reject you have to ask why aren't they wanted by others?.  Get the right manager in, proven or unproven, put the right people around them & give them time to succeed.

They didn't work for various reasons.

Dalglish had Shearer's injury to deal with in his first full season, but despite doing OK in the FA cup he produced some dreary safety-first style football at times that no one wanted to see.

Gullit was a crap manager who could only deal with players as good as he was, he couldn't understand when players didn't know what to do & needed his guidance.  When you're managing players like Zola you can get away with it, when you're David Beharall's manager it fails.  Worse, after the Gullit disaster the then board were shit scared of appointing another foreign manager, limiting ourselves to British managers who, bar Robson, shouldn't be managing a pub team let alone a Premiership team.

Robson did pretty well, once he got rid of Mick Wadsworth.

I'd rather forget Souness ever existed.  A manager in the same style as Gullit but without the charisma.  Total reliance on players knowing what they're doing rather than develop anything resembling tactics or instructions.  Brought in his inept mates as coaches, told 3 of our better players that they'd never play for the club again, spent millions on rubbish.  Makes Kinnear look competent.

Roeder, did great when he had Shearer with him to act as his 2nd in command, but had little support from the players when he took the job on full time.  A nice guy, but too weak.

Fat Sam came in to show us all these new and amazing training techniques & apparently understood tactics.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) the players he had here were totally wrong for his tactics and the players he brought in, bar Beye & Enrique, pretty poor.  He played football so negative that he made Dalglish's tactics look exciting.  If we'd have been winning games too it wouldn't have mattered, but to play shit football & still lose is unforgivable.

For various reasons the proven managers have been garbage & brought in as knee-jerk reactions to deal with some perceived fault from the previous manager's era - players aren''t listening to the manager? bring in that hard nut Souness to sort them, training techniques stuck in the 1800's? bring in Fat Sam & his team, etc.

Appointing a proven manager isn't necessarily wrong, but like buying a Chelsea or Man Utd reject you have to ask why aren't they wanted by others?.  Get the right manager in, proven or unproven, put the right people around them & give them time to succeed.

Top post.

Guest Heneage

I'd imagine JK is holding on to his contract and the second we are confirmed as safe in terms of Premier League status he will sign it.

i think mowbray plays fantasy/fm football - ignorant to the situation he is in that is.

with a squad like the one he has (and the one he'd get here) you need to be able to adapt your style, so as to battle your way through many matches. from what i've seen of wba this season, there is much too much "we want to play attractive football" about them....

Ask the Scots if they thought he played 'Fantasy Football' up there....

You will soon find NUFC fans complaining if they DON'T get so-called Fantasy Football - look what happened when Dalglish was manager(and he inherited a tighter budget than KK), he was slated for playing 'unattractive football', but got us to 2nd place and a Cup Final..he was fired after the second game of a season because of the mortal sin of drawing the first 2 games, one away at Chelsea, because of 'Unattractive football'...what happened when Gullit got the job ? A load of idiots wearing curly wigs and chanting 'Sexy football'....what happened after that? Ask Shearer & Rob Lee.....

And then, there was Allardyce......and then, Kinnear.....

Mowbray got Albion promoted playing decent football - you can't get the players who have those strengths to play a different way in the Prem - its hardly his fault if he hasn't been given the dosh to get the players necessary to change the system ; and don't forget, he was a tough CH himself, so he knows all about defending...

Erm, Robson?

Erm - he was 66 when he joined the club and although he did a good job, he turned it down when SJH asked him after KK left in 97....he also wasted quite a bit of money on bad buys and lost control of some of the wasters in the Dressing Room - that's why we need a younger manager who will REBUILD THE CLUB.

The fans could really turn against him come saturday depending on the result, Ashley may sack him to take some of the pressure of himself.

you think he honestly gives a fuck?  doubt he'll be at another game this season myself, so there's no pressure at really for him, other than the 10's of millions of pounds he's on the brink of losing

Nobody (I think) has mentioned Martin Jol yet. What do you think? He did fine at Spurs and is working wonders at Hamburg with not the greatest squad in terms of talent, plus he lost Van Der Vaart to Real and De Jong to Citeh in the last 2 windows but his team is still doing well.

If not Jol then I would go for Bruce or Martinez