Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

Radio on the way home lead with Hughton being put in charge for the foreseeable future, I guess this is still unconfirmed officially.

Well it worked so well last time, so why not.

Understand the worry after what happened with Hughton last time, but i think its under different circumstabces this time, the club is a little more stable and more options coming back. Plus he has more staff to help him.

Guest toonlass

Radio on the way home lead with Hughton being put in charge for the foreseeable future, I guess this is still unconfirmed officially.

Well it worked so well last time, so why not.

Understand the worry after what happened with Hughton last time, but i think its under different circumstabces this time, the club is a little more stable and more options coming back. Plus he has more staff to help him.

Totally agree. It was as if a bomb had gone off in the north-east when Houghton had to manage the team last time. You can't really compare this to then, and I just hope that Joe gets better. He is not the right manager for the club still.

Any thoughts Ashley still has of giving JK an extended contract should be banished as of now. I hope he makes a full recovery but we cannot allow him to get a FT contract. He will have another medical set back; we are not a club for anyone with a dodgy ticker.

The job of finding a new manager should already have been started in December, it needs to start now. We may limp towards safety under Hughton but we may equally need to appoint before the end of season as Hughton is not up to the job.

Any thoughts Ashley still has of giving JK an extended contract should be banished as of now. I hope he makes a full recovery but we cannot allow him to get a FT contract. He will have another medical set back; we are not a club for anyone with a dodgy ticker.

The job of finding a new manager should already have been started in December, it needs to start now. We may limp towards safety under Hughton but we may equally need to appoint before the end of season as Hughton is not up to the job.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. Kinnear should never be near the dugout again, but I assume the club know this and are just keeping a diplomatic silence for Joe's sake.

We just cant go with Calderwood and Hughton. At the very least we need another experienced coach in the mix.

We were short on coaches even with JFK here.

We really arent in a position to "take a gamble" and hope it works, FFS put your hand in your pocket Mike, stop being so fucking cheap and bring in someone that has the experience and qualifications to keep us up.

Venables isnt that man for me, but he would probably be better than just Calderwood and Hughton.

I think it was Dave who made the hypothetical situation of Kinnear walking after the jan transfer window, then what would we do...

We have that decision to make now.

Making decisions isn't the club's strong point.  We'll just cross our fingers and hope Kinnear gets better and comes back.  If he doesn't, we'll just leave Hughton in charge and cross our fingers that he'll do fine.  If he keeps us up, we'll give him a 3 year contract.  No-one seems to have the bollocks to do anything but the default decision at this club.

I think it was Dave who made the hypothetical situation of Kinnear walking after the jan transfer window, then what would we do...

Making decisions isn't the club's strong point.  We'll just cross our fingers and hope Kinnear gets better and comes back.  If he doesn't, we'll just leave Hughton in charge and cross our fingers that he'll do fine.  If he keeps us up, we'll give him a 3 year contract.  No-one seems to have the bollocks to do anything but the default decision at this club.

I'm not sure that Llambias feels able to make decisions on his own in the way that Mort appeared able to.

Llambias doesn't seem to want to do anything without first getting Ashley's backing. 

Guest The Libertine

I'm not sure that Llambias feels able to make decisions on his own in the way that Mort appeared able to.

Llambias doesn't seem to want to do anything without first getting Ashley's backing. 

is his role the same as mort's was? in the Q&A he said his job was different to the stuff mort did.

is his role the same as mort's was? in the Q&A he said his job was different to the stuff mort did.

Mort was Chairman, he's MD, he's not involved in the football side, he's there to make sure the club makes money, Wise is in charge of the football side, transfers etc.  Obviously Mort came in until they found both an MD and DOF.

Guest The Libertine

Mort was Chairman, he's MD, he's not involved in the football side, he's there to make sure the club makes money, Wise is in charge of the football side, transfers etc.  Obviously Mort came in until they found both an MD and DOF.

:thup: ta. the lines were getting a bit blurred.

I hear this fella Luis Felipe Scolari is avaliable, he's supposed to be canny good apparently.  :shifty:

Don't be daft, Kinnear has done a good job and in the meantime Hughton will be excellent, why would we need someone else, we are in a great position.

I hear this fella Luis Felipe Scolari is avaliable, he's supposed to be canny good apparently.  :shifty:

Don't be daft, Kinnear has done a good job and in the meantime Hughton will be excellent, why would we need someone else, we are in a great position.

:uglystupid2:

deluded. must be the water up in Scotland  :angel: