Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

Why can't they just (gasp) get someone who's actually qualified for the job?

Because no manager worth his salt wants to work under the system Ashley has in place, we're stuck with him and he's stuck with the club.

If Llambias is to be believed(:rolleyes:), Dennis Wise is apparently glorified head scout and chief negotiator. Don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.

Even given the scenario where he's lying through his teeth and the "evil dwarf" actually has  control of anything, pretty much every manager who's ever managed in Italy of Spain has worked under that structure.

The structure won't be an issue when finding a new manager. The fact that we're in deep s*** with no money to spend might be.

Wenger, Robson and Ferguson have all come out and said they wouldn't work under a system like the one it appears we have in place (if they've got the wrong end of the stick or not we don't really know, because when the club breaks its stony silence about what the system actually is it talks in contradictory riddles).  I don't think there's much doubt that this 'system' has seriously narrowed our options at a time when we're not exactly going to be beating managers off with a shitty stick anyway.

They were all commenting on what the media and fans were speculating that the system was (ie. Wise pulling all the strings.)

Regardless, there are enough options out there system or no system.

Mind you when will they sack JK?

Lambias go's to see Joe.

heart monitor beeping away "beep beep beep beep"

Lambias - "Joe I am sorry mate but due to your health we feel we cannot risk keeping on mate, the game has nearly killed you once already"

Joe - " errrr uurghhhhhhh"

Lambias - "Joe, Joe JOE? NUURRRSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

"beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Guest Heneage

God I hope he's ok.  :sadnod:

I think it would be wise if the board withdrew the contract, I couldn't shoulder the guilt of him having a heart attack.

Mick Martin on TalkSport now talking about Kinnear. No mention at all from either him or the presenters about a new manager, I think we are being overly optimistic to think there will be anyone other than Hughton and Calderwood in charge for the rest of the season.

Mick Martin on TalkSport now talking about Kinnear. No mention at all from either him or the presenters about a new manager, I think we are being overly optimistic to think there will be anyone other than Hughton and Calderwood in charge for the rest of the season.

:suicide:

Silly of me to relax my assumption that whenever Ashley and Llambias have to make a choice, they'll make the wrong one.

If they're honestly not thinking about a replacement, we're odds on to go down.