NUSC write up of Llambias attendance at the Supporters Panel meeting

Happy Face

heza you, or on of the older, more experienced and mature lads from the Ultras should try and go along to those meetings. Its worth a shot, like and it would be good to see what sort of support you'd get from the club and how they'd react by having an "Ultra" group connected to the club.

I'd like to see the Ultras succeed and the only way you'll have a chance of doing that is by making the club aware of your aims and intentions.

As for the piece itself- well, its an interesting one. You get the feeling that theres a lot of tension between both parties and their both trying to hold back at letting rip at eachother. From Llambias and (mainly) the NUSC theres sly digs through gritted teeth aimed at each other. Worrying, imo, as we're never going to get anywhere if they dont agree on anything.

I'm still sort of sitting on the fence in terms of my opinion on the NUSC but their not doing much to help my decision. Fair play to Llambias for showing up, its about f***ing time he does but still, good to see the club are coming out of their shell a bit.

What Im really angry about is that bollocks comment by Llambias about "top class" managers knocking at his door!!! f*** off. f*** off you patronising c***. Who do you think we are? f***ing mugs? He must've taken a PR class by Freddie Shepherd....

And it looks very bleak as to our summer spending. We'll be spending f*** all and still end up with a tiny squad, which will again leave us in a situation we are in now....which league I dont know.

But whatever Llambias says, the club have really f***ed up on the finances in terms of transfers. They clearly dont have the slightest notion on how to buy and sell properly.

I agree about the buying and selling aspect and tbh i think the are trying to do something which will never catch on and will leave us in a right mess ,why the fuck sell Given to Man city and not get a penny till July when they are owned by on of the richest blokes on the planet cos if i had  been Llambias i would have told them to go fuck themselves and thats made me bloody angry .

So I've cut out everything apart from these two sections below which are the only bits that actually talk about NUSC's plans for the future and it's pretty interesting reading, but not, I fear, quite in the way they would have liked.

4 SO DO YOU HAVE A POSITIVE AGENDA AT ALL?

Indeed we do and it is in two distinct areas.

First the aim of having the collective voice of the fans heard and listened to in the corridoors of power at St James' Park. We are membes of the football Supprters Trust and would ideally seek a collectively owned share in the foootball club in the future, but that is a very long way off.

Second, however, we will act for and on behalf of supporters on a number of issues. We have already taken up a number of matters on behalf of fans such as the issue of over-zealous stewarding (particularly towards people standing at games). We believe that a proper dialogue between club and supporters is essential, and that a club which represents a significant number of those supporters has a greater chance of making points which are heard and acted upon than any individual's voice ever could.

8 IF I JOIN NUSC WHAT DO I GET FOR MY MONEY?

Members benefits include membership card, keyring, badge and car sticker. Also included are newsletters, future planned social events and we are also trying to add other benefits by negotiating with retailers and service providers to put together a range of possible discounts e.g. 'NUSC members get £5 of their meal at our restaurant if they spend more than £25' This is in its' infancy but we are starting to gather support from businesses who are willing to take part in this. In addition, our accounts will be open to members and any future subcription cost options will be presented to members for consideration prior to implemetation.

Look at how much thought and effort has gone into each of the plans laid out above and compare the two, what do you see?

Well what I see is a supposed "supporters' club" who has obviously spent a great deal of time thinking about how they can try and entice people to join up to their club, who have spent a lot of time thinking about marketing, thinking about what special offers and benefits they can arrange for their members. What's wrong with that, you might ask? Well nothing at all...

...except, now look at section 4; the bit where they talk about what they're going to do on behalf of their members in relation to the football club. You know, the actual reason why someone might want to join a football "supporters' club", kinda what you'd imagine to be the whole fucking point of having a Newcastle United Supporters' Club, yeah that bit. Notice the difference?

Let's just look at that bit for a moment and see exactly what they've got to say about what they're doing for their members - well, other than littering their houses with cheap tat and money-off vouchers for the local kebab shop. Not a lot really, have they? Their first priority appears to be some pie-in-the-sky pipe-dream about having a share in the ownership of the club, well good luck with that lads!! :lol: You'll need to con a whole load of mugs into parting with their tenners to make that happen and I'd be careful if I were you, there might even come a point when they actually expect you to do something for them in exchange for that money!

So onto their lesser priority - I say lesser because it's basically written in a kind of "by the way..." type style, almost as if it were an afterthought or of a somewhat low priority for the NUSC bigwigs - of actually looking after their members' interests. "We will act for and on behalf of supporters on a number of issues." they say, "We have already taken up a number of matters on behalf of fans..." Oooh this sounds a bit more like it. What is that number? What are those issues then? Well... ...erm that number is: one, riiiiight and that issue is? Erm, it's: standing in the ground. Oh well, that's okay then!! Like they say: "If you're only going to do one thing, make sure you do that thing well" and you've certainly lived up to that maxim eh lads! And here was me worried that it'd be something that the club might already be aware of, something that's been an issue for a long long time and had been picked up on by many other people before you, something like... ...oh right.

Like I've said before, NUSC has seriously messed up priorities, they seem way more interested in getting big and having lots of members than they do in actually doing anything for the members they already have. They've had three meetings, ever! Three meetings and they're into their seventh month of existence, that's fucking pathetic and it shows a total disregard for actually understanding what it is their members actually want. Basically, they know what they want and they've just assumed that everyone else wants the same thing - and people say that those who oppose that should go along to the meetings!! :lol: Even when there's a blue moon and they actually get around to holding a meeting, they don't actually discuss anything - well apart from T-shirts that is - and instead; their get-together consists of people making statements followed by... ...well, nothing actually, the chairman just acknowledges the statement (or not as the case may be) and moves onto the next person. Surely a supporters' club is ALL about meetings!?! Especially one in its infancy. But no, it seems it's not, it's all about key-rings, bumper-stickers and money-off coupons. Sad, really.  :no:

Jesus christ how to degenerate a thread into pointless bickering.

To the O/P unfortunately you gave the anti NUSC folks, which they appear to be many and they are pretty vocal to say the least, lots of ammunition there posting the article in it's entirity. Perhaps leaving off the last bit which is just NUSC talking itself up, would have been more sensible.

The TF article is a much better read.

Having said that, I honestly wonder if it is an impossible task for anyone to set up a supporters group, or a group that claims to represent some of our fans. The two recent examples of these group, Toon Ultras and NUSC, have received so much venom directed towards them that it seems a thankless and pretty pointless task to try a set up a group that purports to represent the varied opinions of fans of this football club. :cheesy:

If people could stop attacking the writers of the article and begin debating the various telling quotes from Llambias, then there may be some hope for this thread. However I think it's already too late and this thread is on it's way down the familiar path of childish, missing the real point bickering.

At least we've still got you to maintain the moral highground for the rest of us kids though, eh :)

The real point is surely finding the best way to approach "working" with the board. Many people feel that having a group which claims to represent them going about things in the wrong way is worth debating?

Those people are unwilling to make their voices heard though by going to an NUSC meeting or even contacting the SC via phone or e-mail. A lot of people may well think NUSC are going about things the wrong way but if they only air their grievances on two bit message boards then they have no right to complain when NUSC doesn't adopt the position which most closely mirrors theirs.

As for those people who think doorstepping Llambias and other club officials is counter productive and wont achieve anything then why are relations between Estland and NUSC cordial and why are the club going to work with NUSC when it comes to communication in the future?

I reckon it's probably because we enjoy talking on our two bit message-boards and there's even a chance someone might seriously consider what we say, unlike if we went to one of your two bit "supporters' club" meetings, which seem to be highly tedious and during which anybody who doesn't say "Ashley Out!!11" gets totally ignored.

We have every right to complain when NUSC claims to speak for us and doesn't, and we have every right not to go along to their meetings or join their club. It's not the law you know, you can still be a Newcastle supporter and not a member of NUSC, in fact the last time I looked the overwhelming majority of fans we're not members. This whole: "You can't comment if you don't go to the meetings and sign-up" thing is total bollocks, what kind of moronic logic is that!?! I don't like NUSC, I disagree with everything they stand for (all one of them), even if I did agree with them I think they're totally fucking it up and I still wouldn't want anything to do with them, I also think some of their leadership are in this for the wrong reasons, but I should go along to a meeting and join up you say? Hmmmmm, let me think...

...er, no; I don't think so, not today thanks.

How is it moronic logic? You're happy to whinge about NUSC and how they're ran but you're not actually going to do anything proactive about it. They're not suddenly going to change direction because one numpty, who is in a minority of actually liking the current regime, is sitting on Newcastle-Online acting like a prissy bitch.

:lol:

If you're incapable of understanding why I wouldn't want to help something I totally disagree with then, well I'm not really sure how to put this in any more simple terms than this:

Unless NUFC changes significantly, I want it to fail.

It shows no sign of changing whatsoever.

I am not going to get involved with something I want to fail.

If you still don't understand then tough shit, I ain't wasting my time explaining it again.

Heza not sure how you get on that supporters panel but it was set up either last year or in the summer,  i think its something all clubs have to have as part of their PL charter,  think it was previously a talkin shop and nothing really happened as a result of the meeting,  if you look on true faith's website they've got reports from all the meetings as someone who writes for TF is on the panel, i think that it how NUSC got in, they basically new the meeting was on and gatecrashed as they hadn't had any response from the club regarding them having contact with the club,  bit drastic and ott but seems to have worked.  I've no idea how the panel was selected in the first place as i've never seen it advertised anyway for people to volunteer.

Thanks for that mate. I'll try a few contacts I have spoke to in the past first...then I will move onto this option.

Cheers again...

The above post is complete bunkum.

Firstly supporters trusts are entirely viable ventures, even for clubs like Newcastle. Schemes are ran throughout the leagues by supporters of different clubs. Liverpool supporters have set up "Share Liverpool" to do exactly as NUSC suggest our fans do. This isn't some 'pie in the sky pipe dream' as you call it. They're not looking to buy the club outright ala Peter "Walter Mitty" Lee. It's entirely possible but as is pointed out it's a long way away.

They've done more things than just discuss stewarding with the club, such as try and win supporters their VAT back and offer free legal advice to those supporters who run into trouble with the rozzers at the match. When issues have been brought forward by supporters to NUSC they've acted upon them and tried to sort them out. There may not be many but the club is six months old for crying out loud.

You say they're interested in getting more members and nothing more but one of the main complaints on here is that they're not. People have bemoaned the fact NUSC has an apparently paltry membership (fastest growing supporters club in the country FYI) and they're not looking to increase it by dropping the membership fee. As for the lack of meetings that is being remedied as we speak as they held their first 'on the road' get together in Prudhoe this Monday - one of hopefully many (EDIT: Speaking of which, John Anderson spilled the beans that Given to City was left to the last minute on purpose so the club could use the "We didn't have time to spend the cash" excuse, rather than tell the fans we actually weren't getting it until July...apparently)

Your whole argument seems to be based on petty grievances. Now that is sad.

Jesus christ how to degenerate a thread into pointless bickering.

To the O/P unfortunately you gave the anti NUSC folks, which they appear to be many and they are pretty vocal to say the least, lots of ammunition there posting the article in it's entirity. Perhaps leaving off the last bit which is just NUSC talking itself up, would have been more sensible.

The TF article is a much better read.

Having said that, I honestly wonder if it is an impossible task for anyone to set up a supporters group, or a group that claims to represent some of our fans. The two recent examples of these group, Toon Ultras and NUSC, have received so much venom directed towards them that it seems a thankless and pretty pointless task to try a set up a group that purports to represent the varied opinions of fans of this football club.  :cheesy:

If people could stop attacking the writers of the article and begin debating the various telling quotes from Llambias, then there may be some hope for this thread. However I think it's already too late and this thread is on it's way down the familiar path of childish, missing the real point bickering.

At least we've still got you to maintain the moral highground for the rest of us kids though, eh :)

The real point is surely finding the best way to approach "working" with the board. Many people feel that having a group which claims to represent them going about things in the wrong way is worth debating?

Those people are unwilling to make their voices heard though by going to an NUSC meeting or even contacting the SC via phone or e-mail. A lot of people may well think NUSC are going about things the wrong way but if they only air their grievances on two bit message boards then they have no right to complain when NUSC doesn't adopt the position which most closely mirrors theirs.

As for those people who think doorstepping Llambias and other club officials is counter productive and wont achieve anything then why are relations between Estland and NUSC cordial and why are the club going to work with NUSC when it comes to communication in the future?

I reckon it's probably because we enjoy talking on our two bit message-boards and there's even a chance someone might seriously consider what we say, unlike if we went to one of your two bit "supporters' club" meetings, which seem to be highly tedious and during which anybody who doesn't say "Ashley Out!!11" gets totally ignored.

We have every right to complain when NUSC claims to speak for us and doesn't, and we have every right not to go along to their meetings or join their club. It's not the law you know, you can still be a Newcastle supporter and not a member of NUSC, in fact the last time I looked the overwhelming majority of fans we're not members. This whole: "You can't comment if you don't go to the meetings and sign-up" thing is total bollocks, what kind of moronic logic is that!?! I don't like NUSC, I disagree with everything they stand for (all one of them), even if I did agree with them I think they're totally fucking it up and I still wouldn't want anything to do with them, I also think some of their leadership are in this for the wrong reasons, but I should go along to a meeting and join up you say? Hmmmmm, let me think...

...er, no; I don't think so, not today thanks.

How is it moronic logic? You're happy to whinge about NUSC and how they're ran but you're not actually going to do anything proactive about it. They're not suddenly going to change direction because one numpty, who is in a minority of actually liking the current regime, is sitting on Newcastle-Online acting like a prissy bitch.

:lol:

If you're incapable of understanding why I wouldn't want to help something I totally disagree with then, well I'm not really sure how to put this in any more simple terms than this:

Unless NUFC changes significantly, I want it to fail.

It shows no sign of changing whatsoever.

I am not going to get involved with something I want to fail.

If you still don't understand then tough shit, I ain't wasting my time explaining it again.

You want it to fail unless it changes but you wont make any attempt to change it. I understand it, but it just shows you up to be a feckless moron.

:lol: Calm down dear.

Typical of the NUSC hypocrisy that you can't take a bit of criticism, but are more than willing to hand it out, in fact that's about all you do do, isn't it?

You realise that NUFC is no longer listed on the stock exchange and therefore the only way for NUSC to be able to acquire a stake in NUFC would be for a certain Mike Ashley to sell or give you that stake? The very same Mike Ashley NUSC continually slag off and criticise? Now I know you have a problem understanding why people don't do things that they don't want to do, but surely even you can see that Mike Ashley is very, very, very, unlikely to sell NUSC a minority stake in his football club and that whilst they continue to behave as they are currently behaving that likelihood is going to become smaller rather than larger.

Do you also realise that the phrase "fastest growing supporters' club in the country" is a totally worthless statement? Of course it's the fastest growing supporters' club you tool, it's only recently started!! If you started a David Icke - Son of God supporters' club and you, your mam, and your dog, all joined in the next five minutes then your club would be the proud holders of that title. Congratulations, get some medals knocked up, you may as well spend those tenners on something.

As for the petty grievances thing, well the level of hypocrisy and irony in that statement is truly outstanding, I take my hat off to you sir.

Have to agree with Afar.

I've started posting in the footy section over here a bit more because there's generally a unanimous view over on TT (where I normally post) that the board have completely fucked up and whatever NUSC can do can only improve things.

I like to hear opposing views and perhaps be convinced by some of them.  Calling each other childish, morons, incapable of understanding or purveyors of bunkum (while entertaining) doesn't really contribute anything to the debate.

Since posting the original email I've tried to cater to those who still support Llambias by trimming out the NUSC stuff and leaving only quotes and by quoting my pro-Ashley stance from back in September.

A lot of people in this thread care more about being right than about contemplating and discussing an opposing view.  I might have been guilty of that myself in certain posts.

Or maybe I'm just pissed.  Metallica were pretty good tonight.

Apparently the Given deal was done with 3 weeks of the window left, but it was held off until the end of the window so no questions would be asked about players coming in with the money we got out of the deal. Im not sure if that is in the statement btw as I didnt read it. For what its worth I dont think think this has to do with Ashley keeping the money or anything, I think its just down to the fact that the money wont be at the club until the summer, so it cant be spent until then anyway. If Shay went with weeks of the window left and we hadnt got the money, then we would have heard cries of "Ashley is pocketing everything" from the fans demanding it be spent.

Apparently

Source?

One of the people who went representing the NUSC. Im aware that it will hardly be believed of course, but ive absolutely no reason to lie and ive never claimed to be "ITK" or anything like that before, I just know someone on the panel. He showed me that statement on page 1 before it was realised, so i believe him.

Apparently

Source?

One of the people who went representing the NUSC. Im aware that it will hardly be believed of course, but ive absolutely no reason to lie and ive never claimed to be "ITK" or anything like that before, I just know someone on the panel.

The issue wouldn't be your credibility, but theirs. Sounds a bit paranoid to me, and doesn't seem to square with the timing of Given's transfer request.

Guest Howaythetoon

Indi, I'd hate to make enemies of you. I think you're being harsh but my you're dishing out a beating :lol:

Are you on hire? I ask because can you now go to town on Llambias' answers and the agendas and plans of the board, in the same vein of course ;)

Agree with HF like, fighting amongst ourselves is no good regardless of which side of the fence you're on.

Guest sittingontheball

He's not come out of this well, but credit to Llambias for talking to the panel. From no communication at all, the club has seemingly lurched into maybe a bit too much communication for their own good. If things the chairman says when on the spot behind closed doors is going to be published, they might as well sack all the PR people hired to present the club's position.

I see us as 50-50 on going down this season, but I think the reason for this is that we are not good enough to overcome all the injuries, suspensions and off-field distractions we've had. Without the latter, or with the latter in non-exceptional amount, we would have been fine. The nugget of a thin squad has been raised, but the position identified as our biggest problem preseason, left-back, hasn't been a major problem. Edgar was clearly out of his depth, but Taylor's done all right as back up right back too after the horrific injury to Beye. If Keegan walked for a lack of full-backs, he failed to see what would be the true weakness in the squad, the midfield. It has been ravaged by injuries and suspensions, obviously Bartons but also Guthrie and now Nolan. Signing an injured player in Nacho didn't help as well. As things stand, if we do go down, I will recall  the goals from Bramble and Faye as the moments when vital points were lost. But for them we would still be level with Man City.

To make matters straight, not getting the money for Milner or Shay straight away was madness, and we clearly more bodies in January when relegation was a realistic outcome. If it happens, it will be a disaster.

As i said in a thread before, for me the most worrying thing about all this is the money for future transfers.

If as Llambais says, the club is running at a loss, Ashley will only put about £10m in the pot and we are getting the Milner money in dribs and drabs and the club won't borrow any money. Where are the funds going to come from? We have a major rebuilding job on in the summer (whether we go down or not). Our so called star striker is going for nowt, we still need to address the midfield and what happens if someone comes knocking for Bassong or Coloccini, would anyone be surprised if they were moved on to release funds? (I wouldn't).

It seems that for the forseable future the club is going to be run as bargain basement shop, keep all the overheads down, keep a manager who'll hopefully just manage to keep us in the division but won't let his mouth go about not getting to much funding, then when the first decent offer comes in, get rid of the club.

Now i'm not saying that i don't want Ashley to sell up, but my point is, how long before an offer thats acceptable will come in? It could be years. If we thought we've had it bad in recent seasons, we could be in for a whole new level of mediocrity.

That's just the way i see it like.

http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2009/03/are-we-all-rowing-in-the-same.html

Are we all rowing in the same direction?

By Lee Ryder on Mar 4, 09 08:20 AM

When a respected observer of all things Newcastle United contacted me back in September to notify the Evening Chronicle of the formation of NUSC I was delighted to hear that finally Newcastle United fans would have a positive voice.

Gone would be the days of the in tracky bottoms at Gallowgate being whipped into a frenzy by the Sky TV cameras so that the rest of the nation could not tar the rest of us Geordies with the same brush.

Instead would be one person preparing a statement that reflected the views of members and somebody who could reflect that to the right people.

Sadly that hasn't turned out to be the case with many of the 50,000 fans who turn up at St James's Park not opting to sign up to the group.

And the ones that are in the group prepared to spout out half formed thoughts on behalf of other members who may not agree with what they have to say.

The idea of NUSC is fantastic and it's extremely healthy to have a voice for the fans who can challenge the powers that be at St James's Park for positive changes in the future.

In my humble opinion as a fan who has several family members who hold season tickets and are deeply concerned about the club's future, NUSC is a fantastic idea that can work given the right leadership and representation.

Am I a member? No. Could I persuaded like thousands of others who also aren't?

Quite possibly.

Sitting back and doing nothing is not a positive option but, speaking as a Toon fan, observer and in this case not a journalist, after a recent Supporters Panel Meeting representatives of NUSC on that night have achieved is making the group look like unorganised chaos by arguing like children.

Pressing Derek Llambias for answers was one thing but trying to talk over the guy when he wasn't spouting the answers we all want to hear was just pointless and didn't do anybody any favours - at the end of the day no matter what people ask Llambias or in the future Mike Ashley, they will defend their own actions on the whole.

The main culprit being Michael Teasdale who has nominated himself as an unofficial spokesman of Toon fans under the banner of NUSC.

Teasdale has drafted a report of how a Supporters Panel Meeting supposedly unfolded at St James's Park, a report that has been ridiculed by fans on popular fan website www.newcastle-online.org.

While some of the comments from Llambias were on the whole accurate, there was an incredible amount of spin on just how the meeting turned out.

The questions posed did not take things on any further and only turned into a heated discussion because the tone from the floor wasn't diplomatic.

For starters, Llambias certainly wasn't flanked by local journalists on the way into the meeting. Utter garbage and utter lies.

I was too busy chatting to two more realistic Toon fans who later failed to get in their questions because Teasdale was more intent on letting the whole room hear his voice even though all that was coming out of his mouth was hot air.

Certainly in my three decades of following the Toon, especially on away buses like Keith Barrett's Toon Travel and the Monkseaton Mags coach ran by Simon (aka Guru) I didn't see Teasdale cracking the beers open at 6am in the morning on the way to places like Tranmere, Grimsby and any other far flung outpost that have been clocked up by other supporters' groups and coach services down the years, before the days of the internet and mobile phones.

An as far as invited journalists nodding in agreement with Llambias, I use this Blog as my right to reply.

And I can state this is again another inaccurate statement that holds no substance simply malicious lies, which poses the question do NUSC know that one member is publishing libelous material that isn't getting them anywhere?

And as far as NUSC is concerned, is a member arguing with journalists at a rare meeting with Llambias only eating into time that was wasted for others who failed to ask the questions they wanted to ask?

The Chronicle and the Journal turned up to report the meeting and did so to the best of their ability within the contraints of media law - unlike Teasdale's inaccurate account of what happened on the night.

Teasdale was later revelling in his new found "fame" and excitedly told the Journal: "His (Derek Llambias) explanations were fair enough."

Here is a transcript of how the Chron reported the meeting.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2009/02/25/fans-hear-first-hand-from-nnited-s-md-derek-llambias-72703-23007850/

And the Journal went with...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2009/02/25/derek-llambias-apologises-for-nufc-mistakes-61634-23004127/

Surely using the local press as a vehicle to get the views of NUSC across to 250,000 readers per day has to be an positive option?

The report about the meeting which 23 people attended, is available on www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60517.0.html and has sparked some interesting poinst discussed by its forum members.

The NUSC group needs to stick together because with the team in grave danger of going down, fans are going to need a proper voice because even if the team stays up, there are tough days ahead.

As i said in a thread before, for me the most worrying thing about all this is the money for future transfers.

If as Llambais says, the club is running at a loss, Ashley will only put about £10m in the pot and we are getting the Milner money in dribs and drabs and the club won't borrow any money. Where are the funds going to come from? We have a major rebuilding job on in the summer (whether we go down or not). Our so called star striker is going for nowt, we still need to address the midfield and what happens if someone comes knocking for Bassong or Coloccini, would anyone be surprised if they were moved on to release funds? (I wouldn't).

It seems that for the forseable future the club is going to be run as bargain basement shop, keep all the overheads down, keep a manager who'll hopefully just manage to keep us in the division but won't let his mouth go about not getting to much funding, then when the first decent offer comes in, get rid of the club.

Now i'm not saying that i don't want Ashley to sell up, but my point is, how long before an offer thats acceptable will come in? It could be years. If we thought we've had it bad in recent seasons, we could be in for a whole new level of mediocrity.

Completely agree with that. I can only see it working with a high turnover of playing staff, which makes things very difficult for the recruitment and managing staff alike. And this is before you take into account the number of players leaving this summer or staying and yet being absolutely woeful.

Offering/giving the likes of Ameobi, Butt and Kinnear new contracts tells its own story.

I defy anyone to come up with anything that has happened so far that indicates that this is a false description of Ashley's plan.

I defy anyone to come up with anything that has happened so far that indicates that this is a false description of Ashley's plan.

But...but.. Arsenal?!!  Scouting grid?! Bassong? Wise! :cheesy:

You think that was the plan with Keegan too then?

I deft anyone to find someone who can blame Ashley for this "plan". Of course he's going to want to make as much as possible if he sells. Didn't we, the supporters, all want him to sell anyway?

Lee Ryder's comments seem to have hit the nail on the head, the report by NUSC was so over the top and laden with anti-Ashley/Llambias propaganda that it became hard to take anything in the report seriously.

Think the only way NUSC are going to stay afloat is if the current board sell-up to a new group ASAP!

It's frightening how many parallels we can draw between the club and the "supporters club" set up because of the the club' apparent failings...

"Teasdale was later revelling in his new found "fame" and excitedly told the Journal: "His (Derek Llambias) explanations were fair enough."  :kasper:

Crikey, stick the knife in.

I thought that was a good article but probably won't serve as a warning to NUSC at all to get their act together. If they don't have any more support from the local rags they'll need to work very hard indeed to get it back. Or fade into oblivion. I wonder where they'll be in one year's time?

You think that was the plan with Keegan too then?

I deft anyone to find someone who can blame Ashley for this "plan". Of course he's going to want to make as much as possible if he sells. Didn't we, the supporters, all want him to sell anyway?

Well all evidence would say yes that was his plan when Keegan was here. He didn’t back him with any sort of money. There were rumours from day one that he was looking to sell which many people including me didn’t believe at the time. Ashley then went on to say that he was looking for local investors to invest in the club and then from this he was selling up! He could easily have taken the heat out of the Keegan situation if he was here for the long term. Even now people are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt even though I think it’s blindingly obvious that he doesn’t care about the club. He used the whole Keegan episode as an excuse to try and get out openly.

It all goes back to him buying the club with out conducting due diligence. At the time I and many other people had a good right to think he must be loaded to buy a club without conducting due diligence. As it turns out I and many other people were wrong, he was simply clueless. You have to be an idiot to buy a club without looking at the books when you haven’t got bundles of cash to pump into the club!

:lol: looks like NUSC just got http://narkz.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/pwned_cat1.jpg.w300h275.jpg

If that's the guy the choose as their representative, I have to say I'm not exactly brimming with confidence for their leadership.