Who is the best player in the world?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rooney has nowhere near as much talent as Messi or Ronaldo. Messi is absolutely ridiculous at the moment, Rooney has been scoring a lot of goals but you can't say many have been spectacular,many have been simple finishes, but with Messi he is scoring 1 or 2 spectacular goals every other game.

Rooney has nowhere near as much talent as Messi or Ronaldo. Messi is absolutely ridiculous at the moment, Rooney has been scoring a lot of goals but you can't say many have been spectacular,many have been simple finishes, but with Messi he is scoring 1 or 2 spectacular goals every other game.

Does Messi help out defending like Rooney does? I agree that Rooney does not has as much talent as Messi has, but imo Rooney is more important for his team.

Hasn't Cristiano Ronaldo been doing really well for Madrid? Surprised no one has put him in their top 3?!

He's in my top two, easily. Quite honestly, nobody comes close to Messi and Ronaldo.

Rooney has had the best 3 months of his career, but he really proved that he's in that calibre, yet.

Fabregas - 15 Goals, 15 Assists in 26 Games

Rooney - 26 Goals, 4 Assists in 29 Games

Drogba - 22 Goals, 9 Assists in 25 Games

From the Premierleague site.

Also, take into account that Drogba doesn't take penalties, those two do.

Lionel Messi

2009/10 Spanish Primera División

Games Goals Assists

24           25           10

Cristiano Ronaldo

2009/10 Spanish Primera División

Games Goals Assists

18           15             5

Messi responsible for 35 goals in 24 games is unbelievable.

Messi is just stupidly good, its absolutely ridiculous what he does on a football pitch pretty much every game.

You have to wonder what his football dreams are like considering he does what most would dream about every week :lol:

Messi is just stupidly good, its absolutely ridiculous what he does on a football pitch pretty much every game.

You have to wonder what his football dreams are like considering he does what most would dream about every week :lol:

win the world cup i imagine

Fabregas - 15 Goals, 15 Assists in 26 Games

Rooney - 26 Goals, 4 Assists in 29 Games

Drogba - 22 Goals, 9 Assists in 25 Games

From the Premierleague site.

Also, take into account that Drogba doesn't take penalties, those two do.

Also take into account Drogba is surrounded by better players.

If Messi continues as he is, then he will arguably be the greatest player the game has ever seen.

As everyone on here knows I am a massive fan of Messi and I think he is brilliant and there's no doubt he's the best player in the world. However I find that statement absolutely incredible.

If Messi continues as he is, then he will arguably be the greatest player the game has ever seen.

As everyone on here knows I am a massive fan of Messi and I think he is brilliant and there's no doubt he's the best player in the world. However I find that statement absolutely incredible.

Why is it so far fetched though?

He's young, he's playing in an era of fast, physical football and you've admitted he's the best player in the world right now.

He's young, he's playing in an era of fast, physical football and you've admitted he's the best player in the world right now.

It's not far fetched, people just don't want to see Pele and Maradona dethroned as it'd  mean having to re-write the speech of "them being the greatest players to ever play the beautiful game".

He obviously needs to go on and perform like that for longer, which he can do if injuries don't get in his way. Ronaldo had everything going for being included in the pantheon in his early years, but his knees got him.

I personally happen to think that the true greats are the ones that managed to change the way the game is played. People like Cruyff and Michels or the Hungarian masters. Beckenbauer and how he revolutionized the sweeper role and the idea of the deep lying playmaker... don't actually think Maradona contributed this to the game, nor think Messi will do.

Messi is well on the way to being the best player ever imo. Most people on this forum coudn't comment on the likes of Maradona, Best, Pele because they never actually saw them play, it's their reputations that carry them. The only way to judge them players against each other is through video footage, stats and honours - and Messi is well on his way to beating them players on all of these things.

He'll have been voted the best player in the world twice before he's even 22 man, no player ever comes close to that. He's scored more goals of sheer individual magic than Maradona did in his career and he's only 22. There'll never br a consise way of comparing players of different generations but the way he's going by the time he is 30 he will statistcally be the best footballer ever. It's certainly not ridiculous to make that assumption.

It's not far fetched, people just don't want to see Pele and Maradona dethroned as it'd  mean having to re-write the speech of "them being the greatest players to ever play the beautiful game".

I'm assuming you were searching for a bite aye?