-------Owen-------------------Carroll

--------------------Harper

-------Beye--------Tayl----------Bass

Rtay-------------------------------------Jonas

-----------Nolan--------------Butt

-------------------Guthrie

I'd replace Taylor with Edgar.

Sorry, he had a great shift in the centre and his height was essential.

We won't play wing backs against Spurs. Lennon would massacre us with the space afforded him by Duff.

I think Bassong will play left back to do a job on Lennon with Ryan Taylor at right back and Beye and Taylor/ Edgar centre half.

Duff and Jonas wide, Butt and Guthrie in the middle with Carroll and Owen up front.

You finally got your dream of a 3-5-2 appear the other day, Skirge. Why... why... why are you still advocating we use it in these pre-match threads. :lol:

Couldn't get a ticket for this fucker. Fuming. Still, it would have been £47 to go to a s*** ground where you can't get a pint within two miles due to their pathetic rules.

I went earlier this season and it wasn't quite that bad for getting a bevvy.

We had a few on the high street while making the trek from Seven Sisters with no problems.

Immediately around the ground was different though, tried a few pubs but as soon as they heard our accents they wouldn't let us in. A doorman at one of them directed us to a pub about 5/10mins walk away though which was alright and had a good mix of home & away fans. Fucked if I can remember the name though :nope:

Couldn't get a ticket for this fucker. Fuming. Still, it would have been £47 to go to a s*** ground where you can't get a pint within two miles due to their pathetic rules.

I went earlier this season and it wasn't quite that bad for getting a bevvy.

We had a few on the high street while making the trek from Seven Sisters with no problems.

Immediately around the ground was different though, tried a few pubs but as soon as they heard our accents they wouldn't let us in. A doorman at one of them directed us to a pub about 5/10mins walk away though which was alright and had a good mix of home & away fans. Fucked if I can remember the name though :nope:

Interesting. Every time I've been anywhere within any sort of range has had a "no home ticket, no entry" policy. I've got a southern accent as well, but haven't been able to blag it.

I'd bring Coloccini back in for this one. Think he'd do a better job on Keane than Edgar would. Would go:

-------------------Harper

S. Taylor  Beye    Colo    Bassong

Guthrie  Butt  Jonas

Duff/Oba                          Owen

Carroll

2-1 United...

You finally got your dream of a 3-5-2 appear the other day, Skirge. Why... why... why are you still advocating we use it in these pre-match threads. :lol:

He had the right formation wrong starting 11, Jonas in for Duff and Carroll for Shola it should have been.

Guest Phil K

We've got a decent record against Spuds - even at Slight Fart Lane

We desperately need some wins, though - DESPERATELY

I can't honestly see it this time though.

Best we can hope for is a draw.

Apr 13 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Shearer, however, was delighted with his 3-5-2 formation that nullified James Beattie and Ricardo Fuller.

He added: “We haven't got a left-back without Jose Enrique. That's one of the reasons. I know Damien could have played there, and he did a great job in the wing-back position there.

We just felt that with the strength Stoke had with Beattie and Fuller, we'd put the three lads in there, and I think it worked very well,<b> it might be a different system we go with next Sunday at Spurs.</b>

For this particular occasion I felt it was right to leave one or two out and bring others in, and the lads who came in did a fantastic job.”

Encouraging sounds like that we won't be continuing with that dreadful system against Spurs.

Hopefully 4-4-2 with Gutierrez, Enrique, Martins, Taylor returning from injuries given Nolan's performances Joey Barton return can't come soon enough either.

We won't play wing backs against Spurs. Lennon would massacre us with the space afforded him by Duff.

Yeah importent Jose Enrique is back he has the pace to deal with Lennon I'd have Gutierrez down the Left try and double up as often as possible.

Harper

Taylor   Bassong

Beye                          Enrique

Guthrie  Butt

Duff                        Gutierrez

Owen  Martins

Can't see us adding to our 7th straight league win however picking up a point on our travels could prove to be vital if we can win our three home matches against Boro, Fulham, Portsmouth.

-------------- Harper

Faylor -- Beye -- Bassong -- Enrique

------Guthrie -- Butt -- Jonas

-------------- Owen

------ Carroll ----- Martins

Is what I'd go for.

If Enrique is out then shove Beye at RB, Faylor at LB and either Colo or Edgar at CB.

I'd actually be tempted to start Duff instead of Martins too. Aside from the dodgy business last Saturday, Oba's been a disaster the last while and I've thought for a long time Duff's best spot is up front, making a nuisance of himself and working the channels playing off a big man.

He's still not very good like, but we desperately need a bit of mobility up top and that's one thing he has. Would give Owen some space to work in coming from deep too.

-------------- Harper

-------------- Owen

Is what I'd go for.

If Enrique is out then shove Beye at RB, Faylor at LB and either Colo or Edgar at CB.

I'd actually be tempted to start Duff instead of Martins too. Aside from the dodgy business last Saturday, Oba's been a disaster the last while and I've thought for a long time Duff's best spot is up front, making a nuisance of himself and working the channels playing off a big man.

He's still not very good like, but we desperately need a bit of mobility up top and that's one thing he has. Would give Owen some space to work in coming from deep too.

That'd be my XI, too.

-------------- Harper

-------------- Owen

Is what I'd go for.

same, although i cant see guthrie starting over nolan.

Harper

Saylor[he played well in right back before the injury,hope to god he doesnt come back in the centre of defence]

Beye

Bassong

Enrique

Duff

Guthrie

Butt/Nolan[Would pick Nolan ahead of Butt cant see it happening though]

Jonas

Carrol[weather Obas fit or not Carroll deserves his chance after his goal]

Owen

-------------- Harper

-------------- Owen

Is what I'd go for.

That'd be my XI, too.

:smitten:

Agree with lovejoy though, Nolan will get the nod over Guthrie, or even worse Jonas, most likely.

Guthrie and Jonas in the Barton and Geremi roles from last year though would be promising though.

Ideally, with everyone fit I'd be going Jonas, Guthrie and Barton as the three in the middle. Think that'd be very good tbh.