Joey Barton

JJ7

Was it someone off here or someone I know off the forum who said they'd seen him out in Town recently?

Apparently said "I'll be back soon and I'll keep us up" when asked about his return :lol:

Was on sky wasn't it. Possibly Soccer AM

Was it someone off here or someone I know off the forum who said they'd seen him out in Town recently?

Apparently said "I'll be back soon and I'll keep us up" when asked about his return :lol:

Is this not the forum?  :undecided:

It was me you spoke to. Trevor Sinclair said on Soccer AM that Barton told him that when they spoke on the phone.

We need the aggressive Barton from the Cithe days not the pale imitation he became after his jail troubles when he just seems too pussyfoot around and not really getting stuck in but i guess thats a fear of refs and the reputation he has now, COME ON BARTON WE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT .

It was me you spoke to. Trevor Sinclair said on Soccer AM that Barton told him that when they spoke on the phone.

My memory is shocking. I like it, anyway, let's hope he's right!

No one player will save us we have enogh quality it is just that we don't belive in our abilities when the lads start do that we will be immense.

:mackems: :nope: So when are we going to see this exactly cos we have been waiting all season and its maybe too late .

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/15/magpies-pencil-in-barton-s-return-61634-23387718/

JOEY Barton could be back to bolster Newcastle United’s struggling midfield against Portsmouth at the end of the month despite claims he has suffered a setback in his recovery from a broken metatarsal.

Barton has only played eight games for Newcastle this season, missing the start of the campaign due to his imprisonment for assault before injuring his knee against Wigan Athletic back in November following a reckless tackle by former Middlesbrough youngster Lee Cattermole.

That ruled the 26-year-old out of action for another two months, only for the midfielder to break his metatarsal against Manchester City in January in only his second game back in the squad.

Having thanked the club and its supporters for sticking by him after he pleaded guilty to two separate charges of assault last summer, Barton is itching to return in time to help save them from relegation and has pencilled in the Pompey game on April 27 for his latest comeback.

“There has been a suggestion that Joey has had a setback somewhere, but that isn’t the case,” said Newcastle’s new assistant manager Iain Dowie, who will handle media responsibilities during the week to help ease the burden on rookie boss Alan Shearer. “Everything is fine with him and his recovery is on schedule as far as we’re all concerned.

“He desperately wants to get back playing again and we are all looking at the Portsmouth game at the moment for him to do that. If that comes round a little too soon for him, then it will be the game after that.

“We’ll have to see how he goes over the next week or so, but he is very determined, as you would imagine. That’s the sort of character he is and hopefully he can play some part in that game.”

• 2 weeks later...

As has been said before, the midfield lacks creativity and Barton has the skill to provide that.

Barton also has an unquenchable self-belief and won't be affected by pressure. That can get his team mates going. At the moment, our senior players aren't providing leadership and the younger ones look a bit overawed.

As has been said before, the midfield lacks creativity and Barton has the skill to provide that.

Barton also has an unquenchable self-belief and won't be affected by pressure. That can get his team mates going. At the moment, our senior players aren't providing leadership and the younger ones look a bit overawed.

agreed.

strongly believe he could now be our key.

Guest timmy boy

I think it may be to little to late now, every time he has come back from injury he has looked sluggish at best. He has been out for a few months and won't be match fit. To pin our hopes on him coming in and turning it on straight away is very hopeful. Although even a sluggish Barton would be an improvement on our woeful midfield.

I think it may be to little to late now, every time he has come back from injury he has looked sluggish at best. He has been out for a few months and won't be match fit. To pin our hopes on him coming in and turning it on straight away is very hopeful. Although even a sluggish Barton would be an improvement on our woeful midfield.

I think he will probably need a couple of games to get up to speed, but he'll still improve the side.

Guest toonlass

Well you know where has no longer got him on the injured list so lets hope he gets some time on the pitch on Sunday.

when the players were practising one-touch passing and finishing at the Gallowgate before the pompey game (Barton, Love, Carroll, Guthrie, Edgar, Viduka, Duff) the only couple to emerge with any credibility were Viduka and Barton. The rest were pretty horrific to say the least

when the players were practising one-touch passing and finishing at the Gallowgate before the pompey game (Barton, Love, Carroll, Guthrie, Edgar, Viduka, Duff) the only couple to emerge with any credibility were Viduka and Barton. The rest were pretty horrific to say the least

Did you see him have a hack at the back of Martins' legs when trying to get the ball in the warm-up?

Was worried he was going to injure him before kick-off. He apologised later but it shows how keen he is to get back.

Only worry about Barton is, him trying to hard and losing his rag in frustration then getting sent off. We need 11 palyers on the pitch for the remaining games.

I think had Enrique not got injured you may have seen Barton come on later in the match, I can understand Shearer not using him on Monday. I hope he has 20/30 minutes against Liverpool on Sunday. Chances are that we won't pick anything up on the weekend so there is no need to rush him back, hopefully the 20/30 minutes will put him in a postion so he can start against Boro.

I think he is our best midfielder and it is a shame he got injured again this season, I really think a on form Barton can boost our midfield alot, but due to bad luck and stupid personal decisions from him we have not had chance to see his best.