Joey Barton

JJ7

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2008/Statement_Barton_charge_Sep08.aspx

The suspended sanction of six further matches will be automatically invoked in full should Barton be found guilty of any similar charge involving violence or be dismissed from the field of play for violent conduct (but not for serious foul play).

Was that serious foul play or violent conduct? ???

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2008/Statement_Barton_charge_Sep08.aspx

The suspended sanction of six further matches will be automatically invoked in full should Barton be found guilty of any similar charge involving violence or be dismissed from the field of play for violent conduct (but not for serious foul play).

I'd guess violent conduct = elbowing someone in the face, head butting someone. Serious foul play = Really bad (but not injury inducing) tackle.

Guest Stephen927

His return in the run in could have been pivotal for us. I hope the club take action against him and don't pay him for the games he'll miss.

Guest GAMMELL

Odious f*cking scumbag... tiplifies everything that is wrong at the club at the moment the kunt

I'd guess violent conduct = elbowing someone in the face, head butting someone. Serious foul play = Really bad (but not injury inducing) tackle.

Aye, that was my thought. So he'll get away with it perhaps.

Great news, he'll only miss the rest of the season. :lol:

Seriously though, if we are to try sell him it may help.

That'd be classed as violent conduct I believe.

Some dodgy site I just googled:

Serious Foul Play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Violent Conduct

Violent conduct may occur either on the field of play or outside its boundaries, whether the ball is in play or not. A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball. He is also guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against a teammate or any other person.

It's actually pretty fucking funny when you think about it. He came back and within one game got sent off and won't play again this season. :lol:

What a fucking dolt.

Guest shearer_united

He still looks like Christian Bale tbh.

What a way to ruin his comeback and probably isn't going to play for the rest of this season if its a 3-match ban.

Just watching it again, it's an absolutely woeful tackle, and that's being kind. The ball is there right him front of him to be won and he still misses it and smashes Alonso.

It's actually pretty fucking funny when you think about it. He came back and within one game got sent off and won't play again this season. :lol:

What a fucking dolt.

Boggles the mind that anyone could have such an incredible lack of basic intelligence, it really does.

Guest firetotheworks

Alonso gets another player sent off. Im not implying its deliberate, but it's pretty strange, and a lot of them have been very contentious.