Newcastle vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread - 11/05/09 (live on Setanta 8pm)

Dave

If either of ours, or Boro's players have any heart/determination/bollocks, this should be a really good game tonight. If the thought of seeing your teams name above the dotted line at the bottom of the table after being below it for so long isn't enough to get you fired the fuck up then they really need to just quit playing football altogether.

Seriously, how good would it feel to see our name above that line. I've honestly been resigned to the fact that we are going to be playing Championship football next season, but now it's in our own hands again, there's some genuine hope.

That being said, I'm still expecting to be resigned to being relegated again this time tomorrow.

My heart say's we'll win, my head can't see past 1-1.

If either of ours, or Boro's players have any heart/determination/bollocks, this should be a really good game tonight. If the thought of seeing your teams name above the dotted line at the bottom of the table after being below it for so long isn't enough to get you fired the fuck up then they really need to just quit playing football altogether.

Seriously, how good would it feel to see our name above that line. I've honestly been resigned to the fact that we are going to be playing Championship football next season, but now it's in our own hands again, there's some genuine hope.

That being said, I'm still expecting to be resigned to being relegated again this time tomorrow.

My heart say's we'll win, my head can't see past 1-1.

Good post, I agree. :thup:

I had  dream last night that we won 4-0, Duff scored twice, Viduka scored and the other was an own goal.

Lets hope I'm some kind of medium.

In which case you'll be a happy medium ho ho ho.

Martins will be a massive loss if he is out :(

Not based on Liverpool he won't.

To be fair a lot of our players are shit, he just happens to be one of the very few that we have who CAN score.

I was considering posting that I've done nothing at work so far because I'm thinking about the game, but then I realised it wouldn't be anything new. :lol:

I'm supposed to be typing up a twelve-page document, so far I've done about four lines.

I was considering posting that I've done nothing at work so far because I'm thinking about the game, but then I realised it wouldn't be anything new. :lol:

I'm supposed to be typing up a twelve-page document, so far I've done about four lines.

I have an exam on Dynamics and relativity, Optics and Thermodynamics tomorrow night... and all I can think about is this lovely cake!

Guest Taff

Same here. Last thing I thought about before I went to bed, first thing I thought about when I got up. I wont be at the game as I'm based in Wales so evening KO's are a no go. I've even told my boss I can't do much today as I can't get my mind off the game!

I was supposed to be at uni at 9 this morning. I couldn't get any sleep last night though, so obviously overslept this morning. Now I'm just too nervous to even be arsed to go buy my books so I could do some catching up.

Harper

Beye      Taylor      Bassong      Duff

Jonas      Butt      Guthrie      Lovenkrands

Viduka      Owen

Based on apparent fitness/suspension issues and Shearer's latest quotes, that's my guess for tonight. Smith is struggling, Martins' groin is playing up, Enrique is out and Taylor seems likely to recover.

SUBS: Krul, Edgar, Coloccini, Geremi, Nolan, Carroll, Martins.

Tough one to guess really, but that's my best effort.

Harper

Beye      Taylor      Bassong      Duff

Jonas      Butt      Guthrie      Lovenkrands

Viduka      Owen

Based on apparent fitness/suspension issues and Shearer's latest quotes, that's my guess for tonight. Smith is struggling, Martins' groin is playing up, Enrique is out and Taylor seems likely to recover.

SUBS: Krul, Edgar, Coloccini, Geremi, Nolan, Carroll, Martins.

Tough one to guess really, but that's my best effort.

Swap Nolan for Butt. That's what I would do.

Harper

Beye      Collocini      Bassong      Taylor

Jonas        Butt        Guthrie        Duff

Viduka      Owen

I think Collocini can play this one, with Taylor filling in at LB, allowing Duff back into midfield, he at least looks like he cares recently. Boro have only scored one header all season apparently, and Downing hasn't scored all season.

So I'm going for 1-1, with a late equaliser from a Downing header.  :-[

That's the issue that was bugging me, whether he'd be inclined to move Duff up and bring one/both of the Taylors in.

Hope he doesn't move Bassong to LB to accommodate a Stevie Taylor return, but even if he does all we can do is hope it works.