Would you welcome a takeover?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New stadium, costing how much????

I'm more surprised they'd overlook Southampton down the road, up for £15M, another £30/£40M investment over 2/3 years would see them into the Premiership with facilities and an infrastructure that belongs in the present, not the dark ages like Fratton Park!

I'm still lost how Portsmouth is seen as a better potential investment than us irrespective of our Championship status.

premiership club bought for apparently £32 mill as opposed to a championship one for at least £90mill if press are to be believed.

Which just goes to further prove that the true valuation of NUFC is a very round number.

Guest Heneage

I'm still lost how Portsmouth is seen as a better potential investment than us irrespective of our Championship status.

premiership club bought for apparently £32 mill as opposed to a championship one for at least £90mill if press are to be believed.

Even still where's the scope for growth, we have proven that we can fill our stadium.

Even still where's the scope for growth, we have proven that we can fill our stadium.

there's also the 100mill loan repayable to ashley. what are pompeys outstanding debts out of curiosity ?

there's also the 100mill loan repayable to ashley. what are pompeys outstanding debts out of curiosity ?

This will be discussed during any takeover talk. I can't see anyone buying the club for anything more than 10 million, if they are saddled with a 100 million debt. Ashley will either have write that debt off or take a much reduced priced. I would say market price right now for this championship club is between 75million and 100 million, with zero debt.

Top tittle tattle from todays tabloids

Newcastle are continuing to talk to Alan Shearer about the club's future as it emerged they could yet be sold

The 38-year-old held lengthy talks with owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias over his future at the training ground yesterday, with the Magpies later confirming that discussions would continue.

However, it is understood at the same time, Keith Harris, chairman of investment bank Seymour Pierce, which was engaged to sell the club last year, had also travelled to the north-east to hold talks with a potential buyer.

Harris is believed to have discussed the club with representatives of a consortium who could be interested in launching a bid.

He scoured the world looking for buyers after being asked to do so by Ashley in the wake of Kevin Keegan's departure as manager last September with Newcastle fans in open revolt.

Seven different consortia were provided with prospectuses outlining details of the club's financial standing, with groups from Nigeria and South Africa having been linked with buy-out bids.

However, in the event, none of the interested parties came up with an acceptable deal and Ashley took the club off the market at the end of December, vowing to drive the club forward.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley (right, sitting next to chariman Derek Llambias

Get me out of here: Newcastle owner Mike Ashley (right, sitting next to managing director Derek Llambias) could yet sell the club

He appointed Shearer as short-term manager in April after Joe Kinnear underwent heart surgery, but even he could not prevent Newcastle slipping out of the top flight at the end of a turbulent campaign.

Relegation could cost the Magpies an estimated £50million, and has significantly reduced the market value of a business for which the owner paid an initial £134.4million two years ago before ploughing in another £110million to address its debts and reshape the squad.

Whether or not Shearer is appointed manager, whoever is in charge will have to severely trim a wage bill of more than £70million and rebuild the team for a very different challenge in the Coca-Cola Championship.

Yep for me - i honestly don't believe Ashley is looking to right his wrongs, i think he'd rather just get rid and leave. If he stays on, he aint gonna put a significent amount of cash in, and if Shearer doesnt stay i have no reason to trust any decision he makes - more than likely JFK will be back in.

If we were a stable club then no.  But most of the instability has come from leadership (or lack of it) shown over the past two years, from managers, directors of football, caretaker managers , putting the club on the market, interim mangers, taking the club off the market, selling prize assets and failure to effectively invest the money back into the club.

I don't trust the man to not have us back on the market as soon as the economy shifts back into gear (or before that if he gets desperate), so yes I would take another take-over - as long as it is not by another mug-punter who hasn't got the finances to actually put something into the squad.

All a load of balls apparently;

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=650179&&cc=5739

"However, Harris today insisted he had ``categorically not'' visited the region to talk to representatives of a locally-based consortium, and it is understood he is still waiting to hear from Ashley as to whether or not his services may be required."

Thread over, i suspect its sky driving a none story.

It depends on if Ashley has the funds to give to us and if he will, however I don't think he has with SportsWorld losing soo much money over the last couple of years and him wanting to buy a good part of JJB ahead of putting money into Newcastle. I don't see the point in saying yes to a consortium or someone who will be in the same boat as ashley regarding investment. If someone like Bill Gates came along with a few £100m then yes, maybe we should write a letter to Sir Richard Branson, he has his fingers in every pie but a football club, I won't be botherd if we get a top saying virgin across it, just means SJP will have free phone bills and broadband.

It depends on if Ashley has the funds to give to us and if he will, however I don't think he has with SportsWorld losing soo much money over the last couple of years and him wanting to buy a good part of JJB ahead of putting money into Newcastle. I don't see the point in saying yes to a consortium or someone who will be in the same boat as ashley regarding investment. If someone like Bill Gates came along with a few £100m then yes, maybe we should write a letter to Sir Richard Branson, he has his fingers in every pie but a football club, I won't be botherd if we get a top saying virgin across it, just means SJP will have free phone bills and broadband.

Would save a fortune on the phone sex Lambarse and Ashley have been doing.

The only thing we should be doing is finding extra investment.

As it's difficult to make money out of a football club, I can't see Richard Branson entering the sport any time soon. He'd want to come in and be the best and most innovative, and given the level of investment that would require he'd be on until the day he dies. Only time I could possibly see him entering the game is if Clubs are allowed to negotiate their own TV deals, given he has the ideal platform to enter from.

And to be honest, if he did come in and buy us we'd become even more of a laughing stock than we already are. Not only would we have virgin emblazoned across the top, I'm pretty sure he'd rename the ground as well.

As it's difficult to make money out of a football club, I can't see Richard Branson entering the sport any time soon. He'd want to come in and be the best and most innovative, and given the level of investment that would require he'd be on until the day he dies. Only time I could possibly see him entering the game is if Clubs are allowed to negotiate their own TV deals, given he has the ideal platform to enter from.

And to be honest, if he did come in and buy us we'd become even more of a laughing stock than we already are. Not only would we have virgin emblazoned across the top, I'm pretty sure he'd rename the ground as well.

Virgin Park, the only stadium thats full of non virgins?

He took 1 billion out of sports direct, that's his cash to do as he wants with, he doesn't have to worry about sports direct with any of that cash. Any Sports Direct aren't losing money as I understand it, they just aren't worth as much as when Ashley sold part of the business. They still make a cracking profit. The two businesses are separate and shouldn't matter one bit.

It's not directly with regards to our takeover, but I wonder how much that Texan hillbilly has paid for the mackems to take total control? If the mooted potential transfer budget is to be believed, then he will have made a substantial investment, given the £80m Keane was given to spunk on shite.

My point is, I know we're in the Championship, but surely given our Stadium, fanbase ,potential and profile, were we to be successful, surely we make a much more attractive proposition than them. This is why I do see these takeover rumours having some mileage, even with Shepherd involved.

The positive thing is though, if he was essentially the figurehead/guardian of other people's investment, he would be far more accountable, and wouldn't be given as free a reign as he had last time. It'll be boiling his piss thinking the Mackems have this fantastic opportunity to usurp our achievements of the last 15 years or so