RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sounds like more media bull to me.

I mean, they have gone a few days without rubbing it in our faces, and now want to do it again, so they tell stories again.

One big cheer for the media. :clap:

Yes of course he will want out at some time, but I think it's still all media bull at the moment.

A broadsheet wouldn't be making up direct quotes man.

In my short time on this world, I have came to relise that too often the media and loads of other people take quotes out of context, and also they have a habit of refering to quotes from the past and use it when it suites them.

I mean, they have gone a few days without rubbing it in our faces, and now want to do it again, so they tell stories again.

Yes of course he will want out at some time, but I think it's still all media bull at the moment.

In my short time on this world, I have came to relise that too often the media and loads of other people take quotes out of context, and also they have a habit of refering to quotes from the past and use it when it suites them.

Doesn't sound like they had to do anything to these particular quotes tbf. :laugh:

Doesn't sound like they had to do anything to these particular quotes tbf. :laugh:

The only way it could be taken out of context would be if the reporter asked the question "Tell me Mike exactly what you're not going to do..." :lol:

If the season was bad, relegation was worse. Now this is a fucking disaster. Can't say i'm awfully fond of the man, and in the long run i want him as far away from the club as possible - but right now we need some form of stability. We've just been relegated and our squad is going to be decimated; we need to be careful, need to simply get things on an even keel. A week down the line into fruitless discussions with a potential manager, and he announces this... so i'm fucking scared shitless.

Shearer said a week ago that we were already months behind everone else in terms of next-season preparation. Now there's a brand spanking new spanner in the works.

If we don't get taken over very, very soon - next season is going to be an utter catastrophe.

Cheers, Mike.

The only way it could be taken out of context would be if the reporter asked the question "Tell me Mike exactly what you're not going to do..." :lol:

So that's how they do it!

Seriously though, why on earth would you announce or even mention this to anyone with the slightest links to the media? ???

Does he think the kind of people who are willing and able to buy multi-million pound businesses just read the Sunday newspapers looking for ideas like they're some kind of national Auto Trader?

Thick as mince.

Seriously though, why on earth would you announce or even mention this to anyone with the slightest links to the media? ???

Does he think the kind of people who are willing and able to buy multi-million pound business just read the Sunday newspapers looking for ideas like they're some kind of national Auto Trader?

Thick as mince.

That's what makes me hope that there is already a serious offer on the table.. hopefully not by the dodgy Nigerian fellows or even worse - Freddy Shepherd

I've got to say i'm struggling to find the motives behind coming out and publically announcing all this, and in such a manner. Does broadcasting the fact that we're all horrendously in the shit have any positive baring on the future of this club?

I'm going for 'Worried' or 'Very Worried' - we currently have salable assets on the books, where money raised may have been re-invested back into the squad, and money coming in from previous sales (Given / Milner / N'Zogbia).  Now where will these funds be going, funds from sales as well as the three-year-deal season ticket money.  Cancel your direct debits FFS.

Cheers Mike you gutless fucker.  Destroy the club and fuck off.  Balls of steel  :laugh:.

Somehow, Mike Ashley became a billionaire.

I just don't understand how. Is he as reckless and half-arsed in his other ventures? It's one thing buying a football club 'for a laugh', but I don't think at any point he understood how great a responsbility he had taken on.

This is very worrying because we will probably be in limbo for most of the summer now. Shearer won't sign which leaves us rudderless again. So who's going to make decisions on squad comings and goings? My guess is that Llambias and Ashley will sell as many of our saleable assets as they can, which will leave us with the crap that no one wants and the unproven kids.  :dave:

Somehow Mike Ashley became a billionaire. I just don't understand how. Is he as reckless and half-arsed in his other ventures? It's one thing buying a football club 'for a laugh', but I don't think at any point he understood how great a responsbility he had taken on.

I was literally just thinking that. :lol: How the fuck did this man ever become a multi-billionaire sports tycoon? How in the world?

Does he think the kind of people who are willing and able to buy multi-million pound business just read the Sunday newspapers looking for ideas like they're some kind of national Auto Trader?

Thick as mince.

That's what makes me hope that there is already a serious offer on the table.. hopefully not by the dodgy Nigerian fellows or even worse - Freddy Shepherd

Well some quote had it being an English Businessman with foreign investors. Freddie with his 34 mill plus some dodgy Russians/Thais/Nigerians?

Somehow, Mike Ashley became a billionaire.

I just don't understand how. Is he as reckless and half-arsed in his other ventures? It's one thing buying a football club 'for a laugh', but I don't think at any point he understood how great a responsbility he had taken on.

im beginning to think he has one of those brain tumours that changes your personality, turning an intelligent, canny businessman into a frothing at the mouth buffoon who fails to do what he should and does exactly what he shouldn't.

Thick as mince.

Rather Shepherd than Ashley tbh.

Am I right in thinking that in addition to owning the club he also loaned the club £100 million?

If he was to sell the club, does it also mean that the club/new owners will owe him £100 million which he could then call in?

Yes, purchasing a company means you purchase all the assets and liabilities of that company - since NUFC owes £110m to Ashley's company (St James' Holdings Ltd or whatever its called), that debt will be attached to NUFC when ownership changes hands.

He spent £238m on purchasing all the shares from Hall/Shepherd/etc, and then paid off around £100m of the long-term debts that needed instant settlement. The club's valuation of £238m has now plummeted to £100m, so he'll be making a loss of £138m if he sells at this price.

Ouch.

On the face of it, you'd think that if we managed to get rid of all of our earners on more than e.g. 10k per week, bar around 5-6 first teamers, and therefore were looking at a £20m loss by the end of next season, if he were to finance that loss and then add another £20m to spend on players, the total loss for next season would be £40m only. And hence, if the club managed to get back into the Premiership, the valuation would rise significantly, e.g. £200m, which means if that should he sell at that point, he'd effectively be making a signficantly smaller loss (£38m + £40m = £78). So why's he wanting out now?

Most likely because he thinks we won't be getting out of the Championship next year and/or those (shit) player salaries are going to be impossible to manage this year.

Guest northwestmag1892

Fast forward 9 months and add all the stuff since my post.... i rest my case re. Ashley. At least the c**t is markedly worse off now. F***in disgrace.

Quote from: northwestmag1892 on September 04, 2008, 08:03:37 PM

I may be losing it, but picture this:

I wonder if this was all done on purpose by a fan of Spurs. "Avin a larf" with his mates Llambias et al in a Larndan boozer one night decides it would be a right larf to buy NUFC and then destroy it along with hurting it's fans by destroying a legendary manager in the process.

How would you do that?

1) Buy NUFC

2) Sack unpopular manager and recruit KK

3) Undermine KK by appointing a Director of Football in the form of an odious little runt, totally unqualified to do the role

4) Promise major new signings

5) Go back on promises

6) Sell players that are key to KK

7) Engage in discussions with KK

8) Leak a report to Sky that KK had told friends that had been sacked

9) Engage in more discussions with KK

10) Stand your ground and insist that Wise stays

11) Get your Chairman to write a letter to KK outlining that you're not prepared to meet any of his demands

KK left with no option to resign.

You couldn't make it up...