RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I like the sound of Harris. Reminds me of Mort a lot. No bullshit.

:laugh:

I've not been following Ashley's latest round of tall tales but back in September, Harris was the NUFC equivalent of Kenny Snr from Phoenix Nights.

Have a listen then.

No point, I don't believe a word that Ashley or any of his hired arselickers say.

Then what grounds do you have to laugh at my opinion on him?

Not at all, think what you like but unless he's had an epiphany since September, Harris goes down in my book as a bare faced liar. I've been lied to too many times by these scumbags to be tempted into listening to them again.

Guest firetotheworks

I like the sound of Harris. Reminds me of Mort a lot. No bullshit.

:laugh:

I've not been following Ashley's latest round of tall tales but back in September, Harris was the NUFC equivalent of Kenny Snr from Phoenix Nights.

Have a listen then.

No point, I don't believe a word that Ashley or any of his hired arselickers say.

Then what grounds do you have to laugh at my opinion on him?

Not at all, think what you like but unless he's had an epiphany since September, Harris goes down in my book as a bare faced liar. I've been lied to too many times by these scumbags to be tempted into listening to them again.

Well, tbf I didn't hear him in September. But going off the newest interview there's nothing to hold him to, and gets straight to the point.

What did Harris tell bare faced lies about in September?

Quite apart from coming out daily with "the club will soon be sold" platitudes, "there is no debt in this football club. Mike Ashley paid off the debt" was a real gem.

What did Harris tell bare faced lies about in September?

Quite apart from coming out daily with "the club will soon be sold" platitudes, "there is no debt in this football club. Mike Ashley paid off the debt" was a real gem.

I think if any offers had been forthoming the club would have been sold.  Plenty of people with not enough money put their names forward, but there was no concrete interest from people who could afford to do the deal.

And he did pay the debt off.

Still I'm not likely to change your mind like, so we'll leave it at that. I just hope it's resolved by the end of the month as he says.

NUFC.com on our current plight;

Saving Newcastle United:

Pressure increases on owner

It's the Magpie Celeste

Mike Ashley woke up to Sunday newspaper headlines linking Alan Shearer to managerial posts at West Brom Albion and Southampton, as the current deadlock at SJP over his appointment showed little sign of being broken.

With season ticket renewals shortly to be posted and the 2009/10 fixture list published in just over a week, the sense of this being a directionless club is overwhelming and genuine concerns have now surfaced over Ashley's ability to keep the club functioning pending its sale.

The squad face returning on July 1st, with no idea about who will be managing or coaching them, no confirmation of what their pre-season preparations will consist of and no decisions having been made over player transfers.

To wait for a new buyer to conclude their due diligence and other associated financial and legal measures before starting to plan for next season looks like being a sure-fire way of undermining any serious promotion bid  - and further devaluing the club on and off the field.

Quite why anyone would want to buy a season ticket given that situation is open to question, save for the blind loyalty of "supporting the toon". And our own straw poll of fans suggests that loyalty is in short supply at present.

Recent seasons have seen United dally in the transfer market until other clubs have done their business, leaving us to mop up what we can and try to spend what cash we've taken. It's plain to see where that policy got us. 

Someone has to take control of the playing side of the club immediately - someone who can get the fans onside and convince them to get on board now.

That man is not Joe Kinnear. That man is Alan Shearer, who is quite literally the only game in town.

To allow the current stalemate to drag on makes a strong case for fans not to commit vital season ticket cash and instead to pay for home games on a match by match basis, just like most folks were doing the last time we dropped out of the top flight.

There again, it's debatable whether anyone still at SJP remembers "the bad old days" - except the supporters.

Let's not forget the words of Ashley 48 hours after the club was relegated:

"Bringing Alan Shearer back to Newcastle United was the best decision I have made. Alan and his staff did all they could to try and keep us up in the short space of time they had. Talks are now ongoing between us about how we can take this Club forward again."

The time for talking now looks to be over.

--------------

Pulls no punches and should really serve as a wake-up call.

NUFC.com on our current plight;

Saving Newcastle United:

Pressure increases on owner

It's the Magpie Celeste

Mike Ashley woke up to Sunday newspaper headlines linking Alan Shearer to managerial posts at West Brom Albion and Southampton, as the current deadlock at SJP over his appointment showed little sign of being broken.

With season ticket renewals shortly to be posted and the 2009/10 fixture list published in just over a week, the sense of this being a directionless club is overwhelming and genuine concerns have now surfaced over Ashley's ability to keep the club functioning pending its sale.

The squad face returning on July 1st, with no idea about who will be managing or coaching them, no confirmation of what their pre-season preparations will consist of and no decisions having been made over player transfers.

To wait for a new buyer to conclude their due diligence and other associated financial and legal measures before starting to plan for next season looks like being a sure-fire way of undermining any serious promotion bid  - and further devaluing the club on and off the field.

Quite why anyone would want to buy a season ticket given that situation is open to question, save for the blind loyalty of "supporting the toon". And our own straw poll of fans suggests that loyalty is in short supply at present.

Recent seasons have seen United dally in the transfer market until other clubs have done their business, leaving us to mop up what we can and try to spend what cash we've taken. It's plain to see where that policy got us. 

Someone has to take control of the playing side of the club immediately - someone who can get the fans onside and convince them to get on board now.

That man is not Joe Kinnear. That man is Alan Shearer, who is quite literally the only game in town.

To allow the current stalemate to drag on makes a strong case for fans not to commit vital season ticket cash and instead to pay for home games on a match by match basis, just like most folks were doing the last time we dropped out of the top flight.

There again, it's debatable whether anyone still at SJP remembers "the bad old days" - except the supporters.

Let's not forget the words of Ashley 48 hours after the club was relegated:

"Bringing Alan Shearer back to Newcastle United was the best decision I have made. Alan and his staff did all they could to try and keep us up in the short space of time they had. Talks are now ongoing between us about how we can take this Club forward again."

The time for talking now looks to be over.

--------------

Pulls no punches and should really serve as a wake-up call.

:clap:

Amazing that this needs to be pointed out though. They're fucking clueless.

Guest Mantis

I'm believing nothing until it happens.  I dont trust this bunch to get anything right based on their track record.  I am very concerned about this season already as the disaster continues to unfold.  The sooner this nightmare is over the better.

Don't trust anything these days but i did sense honesty in his words. I think he knows he'd look a right prat if he lied, then again he will have learned off the master.

When he says "not just interest from abroad", i can't help feeling that he's reffering to Freddy.

Freddy and Shearer might not be too bad, Shepherd's most catastrophic fuck ups have been his managerial appointments.  Not saying Shearer will definitely be a success but we're probably going to end up with him anyway no matter who buys us, so barring some kind of friction between them it largely makes that decision for him.

Is it just me that thinks that Keith Harris is a bit of media whore who loves the spotlight on him.

I would have expected him to have a bit more dicretion during negotiations. I would have thought the time for full on interviews was after the deals were done.

I am probably just being easily wound up because nothing is happening

Is it just me that thinks that Keith Harris is a bit of media whore who loves the spotlight on him.

I would have expected him to have a bit more dicretion during negotiations. I would have thought the time for full on interviews was after the deals were done.

gimp was sayiing exactly the same to me on the blower earlier on.

This.

People keep saying we need to know what's happening & now we do to an extent.  Nothing wrong with trying to flush out any buyers who might be hanging back on making an offer, it's his job after all.

Is this not his first ever interview since we went back on the market? (I might be wrong on that, it's a genuine question)

Anyone who is involved in this "auction", if it exists, needs to have access to proper money. Doesn't matter who is in the "winning consortium" - whether it's Shepherd with all his so called experience of running this football club and Shearer as the dream ticket local hero manager. We are going nowhere without investment.

Freddy Shepherd already has more of my money that he deserves, far more.

I have no base faith in that money grabbing cunt. He will have to work a hundred times more than any other "unknown" investor to get anything as close to as much out of me again.

The most important thing IMO is enthusiasm and knowledge.  Wether the new owner has £10 billion or £200 million means nowt unless they have the desire to invest in the club and the knowledge to run the club successfully.  Just having money doesn't cut it, Ashley had billions and still has hundreds and hundreds of millions but he didn't have the desire or the knowledge.

I don't really care if we lose another season due to a take over we just need Ashley out at all costs. He has to be run out of town with pitchforks jabbing at his fat arse if necessary. Just sell up and fuck off you lard-brained bastard.

Guest wshmag

I don't really care if we lose another season due to a take over we just need Ashley out at all costs. He has to be run out of town with pitchforks jabbing at his fat arse if necessary. Just sell up and fuck off you lard-brained bastard.

i'll be fucking fuming if this happens.