RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

the deputy sports editor from the times on talksport reckons we will be sold nxt wk

Thats why hes the fukin deputy

Guest michaelfoster

Just been talking to someone who says that they are good friends with someone who works for someone who sponsors NUFC, they are refusing to sponsor them until they know the situation or have a new owner in place.

Freddy Shepherd's consortium did make a bid for the club but apparently was rejected & Freddy Fletcher is part of one of the consortiums (rumoured to be the profitible group with Steve McMahon)

He also said that Ashley does want £100m but wants £20m if we get back to the PL at the first attempt, plus the new owner would have to pay the £40m overdraft.

Also unrelated but he knows our youth team player Daniel Leadbitter very well as he has coached him since he was about 6 and is very good friends with his parents.

Daniel Leadbitter bit is true but obv not sure on the reliability of the takeover stuff as i havnt known the guy very long but thought post it anyway

Just been talking to someone who says that they are good friends with someone who works for someone who sponsors NUFC, they are refusing to sponsor them until they know the situation or have a new owner in place.

Freddy Shepherd's consortium did make a bid for the club but apparently was rejected & Freddy Fletcher is part of one of the consortiums (rumoured to be the profitible group with Steve McMahon)

He also said that Ashley does want £100m but wants £20m if we get back to the PL at the first attempt, plus the new owner would have to pay the £40m overdraft.

Also unrelated but he knows our youth team player Daniel Leadbitter very well as he has coached him since he was about 6 and is very good friends with his parents.

Daniel Leadbitter bit is true but obv not sure on the reliability of the takeover stuff as i havnt known the guy very long but thought post it anyway

:harry:  How about £100m and we don't remove his testicles with the claw side of a hammer for getting the club relegated in the first place?

Guest dover

Very enlightening, thought about a career in media?

I stopped reading there.

Guest michaelfoster

I stopped reading there.

Tbf there might be as much truth in what ive said as what sh*t the papers write on a daily basis as they know nothing more than anyone else.

What would peoples thoughts be if Fletcher was involved? I wouldnt want Fletcher, Shepherd or Hall back at the club.

the deputy sports editor from the times on talksport reckons we will be sold nxt wk

worst piece of logic ever. well done

Guest ObaStar

worst peice of logic ever. well done

thats not exactly the bravest prediction ive ever heard. Its quite obvious we will be sold sometime next week

I stopped reading there.

Tbf there might be as much truth in what ive said as what sh*t the papers write on a daily basis as they know nothing more than anyone else.

What would peoples thoughts be if Fletcher was involved? I wouldnt want Fletcher, Shepherd or Hall back at the club.

I'd welcome Fletcher back in a flash, yeah he might not care too much for the fans (believe he was behind moving the fans who paid for a bond) but he does know how to run a football club!

I stopped reading there.

So can you explain exactly why Fletcher should not be involved ? cos in my mind he  was the brains behind the Halls when they were in power as the commercial side etc and he brought us up a level so are you tarring him with the same brush  :idiot2:

Grabbed a couple of articles off the net for a read first his controversial Bond holders malarky

Monday 31 Jul 2000

Controversial former Newcastle chief executive Freddie Fletcher has severed his last remaining ties with the club after nine years.

Fletcher, the man most closely associated with the club's recent court battle with season-ticket holders fighting plans to move them from their seats, has informed the board he is standing down as a non-executive director with immediate effect.

A statement released by United onb Monday revealed the Scot "wishes to pursue a range of business interests and does not feel that he will be able to commit adequate time to fulfil his obligations to the club".

John Fender, chairman of Newcastle United plc, said: "I would like to thank Freddie Fletcher, on behalf of the board, for his contribution to the company over the last nine years as chief executive and, more recently, as a non-executive director. We offer him our best wishes for the future."

Fletcher, who joined Newcastle from Rangers, was a key figure in the club's return to prominence, working alongside former chairman Sir John Hall and present incumbent Freddy Shepherd to rouse a sleeping giant.

He presided over several phases of the redevelopment of St James' Park but has announced his decision to leave the board just weeks before the newly-revamped stadium re-opens as a 52,000-capacity all-seater venue.

Fletcher also took on the role of acting plc chairman in recent times but stood down from both that position and as chief executive in March to serve as a non-executive director.

Fender took over the chair and David Stonehouse was appointed to carry out the day-to-day running of the club in the wake of his move.

Fletcher's critics immediately linked his decision to take a back seat with the fury created when the club tried to move 4,000 season-ticket holders to make way for corporate clients last season.

Six bondholders launched a long and bitter legal battle to block the move only to finally lose out in the Court of Appeal in June, leaving them with a bill for costs totalling £198,000.

But both Fletcher and the club dismissed the claims and the former called on fans to try to heal the wounds which had festered in a war of words.

"What I want to do is to urge the fans to heal any breech there's been and get behind everybody and ensure that what we're in the news for is winning football games," he said.

"No person is bigger than the club, it doesn't matter who they are.

"When the present regime came in eight years ago the club was teetering on the edge of bankruptcy, was in a relegation spot for the old Third Division and had a stadium which came nowhere near meeting the aspirations of the fans or, indeed, the Taylor report.

"When it opens in August, £75million will have been spent on it in the last eight years.

"That's not because the board despise the fans, that's because they recognise that the fans are the best fans in the world and want to give them the best."

Then we have what he said about Shearer

Shearer is the right man for job says Freddie Fletcher

Apr 2 2009 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

ALAN Shearer is the ideal man at the ideal time for Newcastle United, according to the man who relaunched Newcastle United with the appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager 17 years ago.

Freddie Fletcher was Newcastle’s chief executive when Keegan was lured back to St James’s Park to rescue the club from relegation to the third tier of English football.

And, having also played a major role in the signing of Alan Shearer for a then British record of £15m from Blackburn Rovers in 1996, Fletcher is convinced United’s much-criticised owner Mike Ashley has pulled off a masterstroke in persuading Shearer to answer his SOS call.

[glow=red,2,300]

“The appointment of Alan Shearer has been done under the radar and it caught everyone by surprise, including me,” said Fletcher, who remains a Newcastle supporter despite severing his official ties with the club eight years ago.[/glow] “I didn’t see it coming, but it is an excellent decision and one which Mike Ashley should be applauded for.

[glow=red,2,300]“I know there are still supporters out there who are unhappy with the management structure, but all of that can wait until the summer. I would urge everyone to get behind the team over the next eight games.

[/glow]

“If the club is united, it will stay up and Alan is the ideal man to bring everyone together. He is that sort of character, he loves the club and the club loves him.”

It has been impossible for anyone who remembers the dramatic appointment of Keegan in 1992, and the thrilling drama which followed, to not draw comparisons between then and now. Fletcher said: “It has brought back a lot of memories because it obviously has so many comparisons to the appointment of Kevin Keegan. Like then, Newcastle were in relegation trouble – albeit to what is now League One – and nobody saw Kevin’s appointment coming.

“It was a complete surprise, but it gave everyone a lift and sparked a revival which saw us stay up on the last day of the season with a win over Leicester.

“When Kevin came, he brought confidence and he brought enthusiasm and that is what you need in a relegation battle. You can not underestimate how important confidence is in a football team doing well and I think it has been in short supply recently. Alan Shearer will bring that, too.”

And, if Shearer can keep the Magpies in the Premier League, Fletcher predicted it will not be long before Newcastle are once again challenging at the top end of the table. He added: “We stayed up on the last day of the season. The next year, we went up as champions and the year after that we were playing in Europe. That shows you how quickly things can change if you have the right man as manager. Kevin was the right man then and Alan is the right man now.”

LUKE EDWARDS

Not reading too much into it but you never know with his previous business with the club .

thats not exactly the bravest prediction ive ever heard. Its quite obvious we will be sold sometime next week

It is? ???

Guest sicko2ndbest

It is? ???

Its not the worst piece of logic in any way shape or form. All the media outlets up to date have spouted shit. The only relatively concrete stuff we have had is from Harris and that was 3 weeks ago

It is? ???

Its not the worst piece of logic in any way shape or form. All the media outlets up to date have spouted shit. The only relatively concrete stuff we have had is from Harris and that was 3 weeks ago

i dont disagree with that but the fact he is the deputy editor and not the editor makes no difference

If Robbie Elliot won't wait a week to see what happens it does not look good???????

If he was the understudy like the article suggests and the guy he was an understudy to left maybe he isn't good enough to do it on his own