RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fucking hell I saw the preview of the thread title and it only showed up to "100m" so I hoped to see "100m asking price met by unnamed party." :lol:

This is just.... There are no words. Fuck life. :suicide:

Everything is at it's normal though, nobody from the club speaks, everyone is one vacation and Mike is nowhere to be seen.  :nope:

He is flying round the world Anneka Rice style in his helicopter looking for a buyer.

I am still sitting here stunned, just staring at the screen.

Villa fans at work here just cant believe it

I notice they didnt put any contact info for Seymour Price on there as well. Any legal reason they wouldnt have done that or just more slapdash work ?

Question for financial types:

Presuming we can offload our ridiculously high earners from the wage bill, how much more money could Ashley theoretically lose than he has already?

I suppose a quick way of looking at it is that on a turnover (income) of £100 million the club is losing maybe £20 million a year in the Premiership. Lets say incoming revenue drops to £60 million in the Championship so Ashley needs to save £40 milion of costs to get back to where he was in the Prem and he needs to save about £60 million of costs to get to break even. You might be able to drop £30 million off the wage bill (if you are lucky) so he would still be well out of pocket.

Hmm, still quite a lot then. Cheers.

The club is a financial basket case imo and has been for a few years but, as it stands right now, it is onto a whole new level.

Just waiting for Ashley to offer a free pair of trainers and a Sports Direct t shirt to anyone who sticks a bid in before midnight tbh.

on the other hand £100mill for a club of this size  with no creditors and potential (ie get the wage bill down and return to the prem) should attract some business.

surely that it what business is about ?

Been away for 2 weeks on my hols and thought something might have happened when I got back.

But as usual this fucking leech of a man is dragging us further into the abyss. Just 2 fucking years to dismantle this club that has to be a record.

Somebody do him!

That's an unbelievable statement for the club to make. Aye, it's clarified the asking price but to sell the club to any interested email parties is just unreal.

Absolutely staggered at the lack of class and decorum. It's crass at best. :(

Guest johnson293

What happens if Ashley cannot sell the club?  At what point, will he decide that he should get a manager and start some preparations for next season?

october

....2010.... probably!

Quite incredible turn of events - one of the last things I would do if I am selling my business is make it known to all and sundry that I am absolutely desperate to sell.  The way his advisers have acted so far has been scary, hawking the club round to all and sundry in the public domain, but this announcement reaches new lows. 

There is no chance he is going to get £100m for this, why would anyone give him that when they know he needs out, clearly there isn't a raft of people bidding over it!

If I was one of the two consortiums (and I'd have doubts over whether there is two), I'd be chuckling at this, talk about desperation to try and get some competitive tension.

http://www.lukewhostalking.co.uk/2009/06/give-shearer-the-job-now-and-t.html

Give Shearer The Job Now And Then Do One

By Luke Edwards on Jun 8, 09 01:02 PM

So how many bankers does it take to sort out Alan Shearer's contract? It sounds like the start of a bad joke doesn't it? But this is no laughing matter, this is deadly, deadly serious.

Quite why we are still waiting for an answer is beyond me and, if anything, I'm being given the distinct impression Mike Ashley has no intention of appointing Shearer as manager.

Instead, the rotund businessman who has, despite his good intentions, made a complete and utter cock up of his time at St James's Park, decides to run away as soon as the real problems start following relegation. No feeling of responsibility, no intention of trying to right the wrong, just a rapid escape to lick his own self-inflicted wounds.

He doesn't care if Newcastle United don't have a manager, he doesn't care if Alan Shearer is the only man who can do the job in these circumstances and he doesn't care if the club is drifting along without any sort of direction and planning. It seems to me that all he cares about is cutting his losses and walking away with £100m in his pocket.

Surely it doesn't take a bunch of accountants more than a week to sign off on a financial package which would make Shearer manager. Was that information just a smoke screen, given to the media and Shearer himself to buy some time? It's starting to look like it.

Well I'm sorry Mike but that is going to have to change. If you don't appoint Alan Shearer as manager, even though you are trying to sell the club, then you will be making a monumental blunder - even by your standards.

If the new owners don't want Shearer they are stupid. Why wouldn't they want the man who is the overwhelming choice of those who support and, ultimately in the Championship, l bankroll the club.

If a four-year contract is too long for prospective owners why isn't there a compromise? Why isn't Alan offered a three-year or even a two-year deal because in the short term at least he is the only appointment that makes sense, financially and emotionally.

With Shearer as manager I can see Newcastle starting next season with crowds hovering around the 40,000 mark. Without him there will probably be less than 20,000 as the feelings of disillusionment and betrayal really start to kick in.

With Shearer as manager I can see enough good players coming to St James's Park to get the team back into the Premier League at the first attempt. Without him I can see a shell of a first team squad which might even struggle to stay in the Championship. Alarmist? Perhaps, but who will be left and who on earth is going to sign for them?

Every day that passes without a resolution is costly and I wonder whether we are getting close to the stage where Shearer decides enough is enough and walks away, hoping new owners will be in place in time to appoint him (or someone else) before the damage done during this state of limbo is irreversible.

He wants to help his football club in their hour of need, but time is of the essence. As things stand Newcastle United are in more of a mess than ever before.

Relegation was bad enough but it could just have been the start of something a lot worse....

I think I've just started to like Luke Edwards again...

http://www.lukewhostalking.co.uk/2009/06/give-shearer-the-job-now-and-t.html

Give Shearer The Job Now And Then Do One

By Luke Edwards on Jun 8, 09 01:02 PM

So how many bankers does it take to sort out Alan Shearer's contract? It sounds like the start of a bad joke doesn't it? But this is no laughing matter, this is deadly, deadly serious.

Quite why we are still waiting for an answer is beyond me and, if anything, I'm being given the distinct impression Mike Ashley has no intention of appointing Shearer as manager.

Instead, the rotund businessman who has, despite his good intentions, made a complete and utter cock up of his time at St James's Park, decides to run away as soon as the real problems start following relegation. No feeling of responsibility, no intention of trying to right the wrong, just a rapid escape to lick his own self-inflicted wounds.

He doesn't care if Newcastle United don't have a manager, he doesn't care if Alan Shearer is the only man who can do the job in these circumstances and he doesn't care if the club is drifting along without any sort of direction and planning. It seems to me that all he cares about is cutting his losses and walking away with £100m in his pocket.

Surely it doesn't take a bunch of accountants more than a week to sign off on a financial package which would make Shearer manager. Was that information just a smoke screen, given to the media and Shearer himself to buy some time? It's starting to look like it.

Well I'm sorry Mike but that is going to have to change. If you don't appoint Alan Shearer as manager, even though you are trying to sell the club, then you will be making a monumental blunder - even by your standards.

If the new owners don't want Shearer they are stupid. Why wouldn't they want the man who is the overwhelming choice of those who support and, ultimately in the Championship, l bankroll the club.

If a four-year contract is too long for prospective owners why isn't there a compromise? Why isn't Alan offered a three-year or even a two-year deal because in the short term at least he is the only appointment that makes sense, financially and emotionally.

With Shearer as manager I can see Newcastle starting next season with crowds hovering around the 40,000 mark. Without him there will probably be less than 20,000 as the feelings of disillusionment and betrayal really start to kick in.

With Shearer as manager I can see enough good players coming to St James's Park to get the team back into the Premier League at the first attempt. Without him I can see a shell of a first team squad which might even struggle to stay in the Championship. Alarmist? Perhaps, but who will be left and who on earth is going to sign for them?

Every day that passes without a resolution is costly and I wonder whether we are getting close to the stage where Shearer decides enough is enough and walks away, hoping new owners will be in place in time to appoint him (or someone else) before the damage done during this state of limbo is irreversible.

He wants to help his football club in their hour of need, but time is of the essence. As things stand Newcastle United are in more of a mess than ever before.

Relegation was bad enough but it could just have been the start of something a lot worse....

I think I've just started to like Luke Edwards again...

Yep that's an excellent piece, shame those at Thompson House, leave their best stuff for the blogs and don't have the balls to put this kind of stuff out in the real paper.

Is that some fans got too bored that they hack the official site?

I still couldn't believe they make such a silly statement tbh.

Newcastle United, a club which never make you bored, no matter how good or bad it is.