The England Thread

Pilko

What is the point of Darren Bent

Well he's there to take chances, so if he can't be relied on to do that.....

Why can't we produce more Jack Wilsheres? So few England players look secure on the ball when under pressure.

Draw seemed about right from what I saw. Same old same old. Lacked urgency and a bit of passion. Slow tempo and conceding space and time to 'inferior' players. Need to get at teams early and rattle them.

A performance completely bereft of imagination or urgency, and reading Capello's quotes before the game it's hardly surprising.

For one thing, after nearly four years in the job - he still can't speak English, and by all accounts it seems that even he doesn't know where England stand at the minute. He spends about 70 minutes of the game in the technical area feigning some kind of passion; but i can't say i've ever spotted anything other than him looking perplexed, waving his arms and going "ey!". There's no wonder the team runs out of ideas and burns out after an hour. The manager can't communicate with them in the dressing room, never mind 50 yards away on the bloody sideline. A good side would have beaten us comfortably.

We're a million miles away from matching the teams we're (somehow) sharing the top ranks with. Sure, that's in part because we don't have world-beaters in our squad, but there's still some damn good players there who've had impressive seasons. It's becoming increasingly clear that Capello's at the root of the problem. The world and his dog knew that long contract after the WC qualifiers was an accident waiting to happen. It's going to take another disaster at the Euros to see the back of him, i fear.

A performance completely bereft of imagination or urgency, and reading Capello's quotes before the game it's hardly surprising.

For one thing, after nearly four years in the job - he still can't speak English, and by all accounts it seems that even he doesn't know where England stand at the minute. He spends about 70 minutes of the game in the technical area feigning some kind of passion; but i can't say i've ever spotted anything other than him looking perplexed, waving his arms and going "ey!". There's no wonder the team runs out of ideas and burns out after an hour. The manager can't communicate with them in the dressing room, never mind 50 yards away on the bloody sideline. A good side would have beaten us comfortably.

We're a million miles away from matching the teams we're (somehow) sharing the top ranks with. Sure, that's in part because we don't have world-beaters in our squad, but there's still some damn good players there who've had impressive seasons. It's becoming increasingly clear that Capello's at the root of the problem. The world and his dog knew that long contract after the WC qualifiers was an accident waiting to happen. It's going to take another disaster at the Euros to see the back of him, i fear.

He's already stated he'll be stepping down after Euro 2012.

Really looks confused on some pictures.  :lol:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/115228962.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D35F4D08888769707B29FB9E557C46AC2085B3FDDD5193858 http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/115224231.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DB6BBC198DFB9B7BCB29FB9E557C46AC292D7053C71835D71 http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/115228249.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D6CA975C5355FD884B29FB9E557C46AC26C2CCA9B2C3DEA77