The England Thread

Pilko

Not sure what Hodgson hoped to achieve with Delph, Henderson and Jones. None of them are really that great to begin with but to make matters worse passing 10 yards forward is something they seem close to incapable of.

Barkley should always start no matter if it's a friendly or not, i still feel he has a long way to go in the decision making and passing department but at least he's actually threatening.

Not sure what Hodgson hoped to achieve with Delph, Henderson and Jones. None of them are really that great to begin with but to make matters worse passing 10 yards forward is something they seem close to incapable of.

Barkley should always start no matter if it's a friendly or not, i still feel he has a long way to go in the decision making and passing department but at least he's actually threatening.

At the very least let's hope he got the answer he needed and never does it again.

Always think Barkley looks really exciting for England. Having a poor season at Everton, but he's only 21. Got huge potential

Yeah, in a split second he can undo a defence completely. He just needs to cut down the over-ambitious moments where he loses the ball in a vulnerable position. That'll come in time.

Guest YonderStar

Barkley is the new Gazza, the similarities are there big strong skillful and quick, still a bit of a rough diamond, but it's all there

Always think Barkley looks really exciting for England. Having a poor season at Everton, but he's only 21. Got huge potential

Helps that he put in more effort in 30mins tonight than I've seen from him in 12 months. Shockingly lazy in a blue shirt all season.

His form hasn't been helped by Martinez fucking him around on the wing but he's got a lot to answer for himself too.