The England Thread

Pilko

On MOTD extra they were trotting out the usual guff about experience and how would the old guard feel if snubbed. f*** em, blood a new generation at a word cup in Brazil with a sprinkling of older heads and reap the rewards in a couple of tournaments time.

Good decision. England aren't winning shit this year. Need to give the next generation tournament experience. Baines is, at this stage in their careers, better than Cole despite not having a vintage season himself. Take Shaw too.

On MOTD extra they were trotting out the usual guff about experience and how would the old guard feel if snubbed. f*** em, blood a new generation at a word cup in Brazil with a sprinkling of older heads and reap the rewards in a couple of tournaments time.

Yeah, basically, it's time to move on. Although besides Gerrard, Cole is probably the only one worthy of a spot.

Problem is Baines is not very good defensively as he's already shown at International level against the likes of Chile letting Sanchez move off the back of him.

I still would take him mind obviously, but Cole is the only one who is proven at International level( massive difference between Premier League teams and the best International teams) and can be trusted.

I'd be controversial and take Cole and Shaw leaving Baines out.

Exactly what I would do.

He's never let England down and been our best player over the last ten years.

Don't really see what Baines brings over Cole other than set pieces which I doubt he'd take anyway.

We're not gonna win the World Cup and Cole isn't gonna be in the squad in future tournaments so good idea to plan for the future.

Using the biggest stage in football to plan for the future. Get real. :lol:

I really like a lot of our younger players but this is very unlike Hodgson.

Sterling, Lallana, Barkley, Shaw, Sterling and Henderson - whilst all fantastic this season can't have a dozen caps between them!

We're not gonna win the World Cup and Cole isn't gonna be in the squad in future tournaments so good idea to plan for the future.

We have no chance of winning this. We might have a chance in 2016.

Got to be better than using it to be moderately indifferent then coming home early despite playing your strongest 11.

I really like a lot of our younger players but this is very unlike Hodgson.

Sterling, Lallana, Barkley, Shaw, Sterling and Henderson - whilst all fantastic this season can't have a dozen caps between them!

So what? All playing, all in good form. That should always be more important than goal-line clearances ages ago. This kind of thing has been holding us back for years.

Cole's been a great player for England, but I'm happy we're moving on now he's not first choice for his club.

I think it's very refreshing if Shaw, Sterling, Barkley etc go. Hodgson will get a lot of good will too, England won't win the World Cup or get anywhere near it. So they may as well blood the youngsters in (who also happen to be really good and in form).