Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Stephen927

He could have waited a day like.

He was already in Germany, it's bad timing but you can't hold it against him, I don't think he even knew Bobby personally.

Use to love this guy, ended up hating him by the end of the season. Would have been class in the Championship but who gives a fuck, good riddance. Lets hope we get the 9 mill back and Ashley doesnt pocket it.

- Good price

- Good player

- inconsistently brilliant at times

- frustratingly average at times

- Overall a better deal for us, but will still miss him

Owen, Viduka and Martins off the wage bill. Thats at least a quater of a million a week

Spot on.

- Good price

- Good player

Owen, Viduka and Martins off the wage bill. Thats at least a quater of a million a week

Sums up my thoughts too.

- Good price

- Good player

Sums up my thoughts too.

Just think about that the club payed them around 13million a year and what we really got in exchange? Great deal IMO

The goals don't get bigger in the Championship, or the Bundesliga, no matter where he plays he will still be dozy. £9.5m is great business.

Pretty much it. If he was a genuinely good finisher, then he'd have pissed this league and scored 30+ goals. For me, Martins will be a 10-12 goal a season striker at best due to his lack of composure.

Sad to see him go tbh. Hope he does well over there since Wolfsburg have no impact on us. He's shown some moments of brilliance in an ultimately shite period for us, I for one won't be saying good riddance etc.

Guest Matticus

The goals don't get bigger in the Championship, or the Bundesliga, no matter where he plays he will still be dozy. £9.5m is great business.

:clap:

Guest Stephen927

The goals don't get bigger, but the fitness levels of the opposition defenders gets worse, the pressure on the strikers is not as great as in the Premier League, and in general most the opposition are a step down from the top level players in England.

I wonder who'll get the goals next week against WBA? £9m quid is fine but until it's on the pitch we won't see any benefit.

Doesn't work like that. West Ham lost Defoe, Kanoute, Di Canio, etc. when they went down, yet it was people like Harewood & Zamora that got them back up.