Man City

Guest BooBoo

Reading & listening to Hughes this week, I can honestly say I hope they get f***ing hammered in the derby tomorrow.

What's he said like? God i can't stand that man.

I didn't hear what he said because he sends me to sleep but I hate him.  I hope Man U and Chelsea get massive wins tomorrow.

"They got a massive profit for what they paid for me and they got 11-and-a-half years' service. "

He makes it sound like he was doing it for free :nope:  Remind us Shay, how much were you paid for those 11 and a half years of service?  £15m?, £20m?

Linked to Yaya Toure in NOTW today. I say linked, but according to them Hughes is confident about signing him in January.

He's a top DM, but with Barry, De Jong, Kompany and even Johnson to a certain extent they don't need him. Surely the best set of defensive midfielders in the world if he signs.

Still can't believe we got so little for him like.

One thing the current regime have generally been alright at is getting good money for players when they leave.

12m for Milner, somewhere near 10m for Martins. Two players who were erratic at best while they were here.

Then they go and sell a goalkeeper whose proven to be one of the best around, to the richest club in the world no less, and they get a relative pittance for the guy.

One thing the current regime have generally been alright at is getting good money for players when they leave.

12m for Milner, somewhere near 10m for Martins. Two players who were erratic at best while they were here.

Then they go and sell a goalkeeper whose proven to be one of the best around, to the richest club in the world no less, and they get a relative pittance for the guy.

And get the payment in installments. :lol:

And wait until the deal was struck to try and buy one of their players that we wanted. :lol:

The way that he went around to get the move put all of the power that we had to get good money out the window.  They knew that we had to sell him and took advantage.

Given reallly is digging himself a hole with the fans, and that who powder-puff article, regarding honesty and grafting - what a load of old shit.  He was a fucking coward who bailed on 'the club he loves' for a massive payrise when it really was down to the thin end of the wedge.  What difference would four more months have made to his career.  He was just the first rat to leave the sinking ship, just the biggest and sneakiest.

This just makes me want to see ManUre hammer the fuck out of these lastest bunch of trumped up fakers.

And wait until the deal was struck to try and buy one of their players that we wanted. :lol:

The club really fuck that transfer up good and proper, didn't they? :lol:

"They got a massive profit for what they paid for me and they got 11-and-a-half years' service. "

He makes it sound like he was doing it for free :nope:  Remind us Shay, how much were you paid for those 11 and a half years of service?  £15m?, £20m?

And what was the total cost of Shearer's time here?

How about Owen, how much did he cost us again?

Shay Given saved more goals than these two scored.

Here's another quote from that article you might have missed

He was 34 games short of becoming the all-time leading appearance maker for Newcastle - a record that has stood for 87 years
:rolleyes:

I thought it was hilarious what happened to Hughes yesterday with regards to the added time. I think he's forgetting that he used to play for Man Utd and they benefited from it all of the time back then too. Also it's strange how he said the added time allowed for Man Utd to win or something like that, was there only one team playing like?

I thought it was hilarious what happened to Hughes yesterday with regards to the added time. I think he's forgetting that he used to play for Man Utd and they benefited from it all of the time back then too. Also it's strange how he said the added time allowed for Man Utd to win or something like that, was there only one team playing like?

I don't get how, if all the stoppages over the whole 45 minutes added up to four minutes added time, enough could happen in those 4 minutes to result in another 3 minutes being added on.

Find it hard to find so much hate for someone who gave us so many years of good service. I prefer to remember him in a positive light for some memorable performances.

Nevertheless I couldn't help but lose a lot of respect for him in the way he left the club during its darkest hour. To see Man City pay 25M for Lescott in summer and us pocket a mere 6M for Given in January (a time when players generally cost more) shows just how much the player forced our hand. It wasn't a reluctant farewell from a hero who owed it to himself to move on, it was an undignified dash for the exit, done publicly through the media and one which cost the club dearly. People talk about his loyalty and professionalism but those are not words which spring to my mind when I think of Given's sale.

Of course, it's not Given's fault the little money we did make was never spent on a replacement. Selling Given may have been a reluctantly viable option if it had been part of a reshuffle. Sell the keeper, adequate backup in Harper, invest the money in the team and try and stay up. Ashley pocketed the money and we went down - Given can't be blamed for that. Even if we'd sold Given for 20M, who is to say that Ashley wouldn't have just pocketed the lot? The N'Zogbia money would still have paid for R.Taylor and Nolan.

I don't get how, if all the stoppages over the whole 45 minutes added up to four minutes added time, enough could happen in those 4 minutes to result in another 3 minutes being added on.

This is a grey area which could do with a bit of sorting out, although it'll never be perfect. Refs will add time on for goal celebrations in injury time, but not in normal time, which doesn't seem consistent.

I've also noticed that they'll always wait for an attack to finish, or for an attacking set piece to be completed, before blowing up, even if it means going over the time. It'd be a bit more fair if they blew up regardless of where the ball was.