Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

It's already been said but I don't see how the club can be blamed for this. I think every club in the Premier league would be boned if there first choice keepers suffered serious injuries.

Awful news for Krul though. He's been poor this season but he with the Euros coming up it's a massive blow for him personally.

Fingers crossed Darlow recovers quickly.

It's already been said but I don't see how the club can be blamed for this. I think every club in the Premier league would be boned if there first choice keepers suffered serious injuries.

Awful news for Krul though. He's been poor this season but he with the Euros coming up it's a massive blow for him personally.

maybe not for this alone.

but allowing us to go into a season with the balance against us due to neglect. Then every inevitable further weakening tips the balance further against us- is obviously worse due to the starting position.

Other clubs usually have a couple of keepers competing for 1 slot.  After Krul we have nothing.

Other clubs usually have a couple of keepers competing for 1 slot.  After Krul we have nothing.

I wouldn't call 17 stone of blubber nothing.

Darlow is very highly rated and then we've got Woodman who's played for all England youth levels - i'm sure he was captain too - we're not exactly lacking in the goalkeeper department we've just had some awful awful timing with injuries.

An injured Krul is the least of our problems.

Really, with our fragile defence?  Losing our only top flight keeper? wew.

Aye, not being able to defend, and lacking a midfielder who can protect the back four, are bigger problems. Not scoring goals is a bigger problem. Gouffran starting in central midfield is a bigger problem.

Darlow is very highly rated and then we've got Woodman who's played for all England youth levels - i'm sure he was captain too - we're not exactly lacking in the goalkeeper department we've just had some awful awful timing with injuries.

http://thetangential.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Cosby1.gif

Unlucky.  Yet another of our first team squad who seems made of glass.  What is wrong with Darlow?  Much rather see him given a run than Jelliot.