Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Guest dogbeak

Bit from this weeks edition of Voetbal International, written about the brazil game:

'Er zijn natuurlijk makkelijkere wedstrijden om je debuut to maken in Oranje. Tim Krul werd door de blessures van Maarten Stekelenburg en Michel Vorm voor de leeuwen geworpen in en tegen Brazilië en groeide out tot één van de uitblinkers van de avond. De jonge goalie van Newcastle United moest vier uitstekende reddingen verrichten om zijn ploeg op de been to houden in een tweede helft waarin oranje met de rug tegen de muur stond'

('Naturally there are easier games to make your debut for Oranje in. Through injuries to Maarten Stekelenburg and Michel Vorm, Tim Krul was thrown to the lions against Brazil and grew to be one of the stars of the evening. The young goalie from Newcastle United had to make four outstanding saves to keep his time in the game during a second half where Oranje were playing with their backs to the wall')

Caps/goals conceded: 1/0

Playing minutes: 90

Backpasses: 16

Good: 13

Bad: 3

Interceptions: 7

Saves: 4

• 1 month later...

Called up to the Dutch squad to face England in 2 weeks.

Excellent!

Has a blinder.

Sold for a £905475094760797 to Liverpool

Goalkeeping problems solved plus enough money to fund a new set of plastic knives and forks in the directors box.

Everyone's a winner.

Excellent!

Has a blinder.

Goalkeeping problems solved plus enough money to fund a new set of plastic knives and forks in the directors box.

Everyone's a winner.

Quite a lot of money to turn down mind...

Excellent!

Has a blinder.

Everyone's a winner.

Quite a lot of money to turn down mind...

Good business..

Excellent!

Has a blinder.

Everyone's a winner.

I don't think you're far off tbh. One of the reasons I think we're clinging onto Forster for so long is because I reckon the board will know they'll get more from a continental club for Krul than say, Celtic for Forster. Stekelenburg has left Ajax now hasn't he? Wouldn't be shocked at all to see them spend a bit on Krul.

Excellent!

Has a blinder.

Everyone's a winner.

I don't think you're far off tbh. One of the reasons I think we're clinging onto Forster for so long is because I reckon the board will know they'll get more from a continental club for Krul than say, Celtic for Forster. Stekelenburg has left Ajax now hasn't he? Wouldn't be shocked at all to see them spend a bit on Krul.

Ajax & Dutch football don't have much money as a whole to throw around at the moment. Seem's they've just agreed a €6m fee for Stekelenburg aye, seems cheap.