WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

Guthrie injured, is Beye injured? and who was he fighting with in the tunnel?

Hip problem, apparently...

Oh well I would then go with...

-------------------------Harper

---------Taylor----------Colo-----------Enrique

Rtay-----------------------------------------------Jonas

-------------------------Smith

-------Barton------------------------------Nolan

----------------Carroll----------Shola

Beye, on his worst day, is twice the player Ryan fucking Taylor will ever be.. As for making Alan fucking Smith captain, that's the most ridiculous thing ever.. Hughton gets on my nerves with this kind of bullshit.. Grow a fucking spine ffs.. 10000% effort, yeah righto

At least Nicky Butt has the excuse of apparoaching the end of his career and having no legs. Alan Smith is a fucking disgrace, the talentless piece of shit. Ferguson must have laughed all the way to the fucking bank. I hate the bloke with a passion. And before anyone mentions Geremi - I believe he's a lot older than 30.

I thought Smiths performances vs Man Utd and Pompey last year suggested he may still have something persevering with. Lets not forget we're in the Championship now.The standard of midfielders in this league is ridiculously poor.

The problem is obviously his wages but at the moment, solely as a player, I'm not massively concerned with Smith. 

Guthrie injured, is Beye injured? and who was he fighting with in the tunnel?

Hip problem, apparently...

Oh well I would then go with...

-------------------------Harper

---------Taylor----------Colo-----------Enrique

Rtay-----------------------------------------------Jonas

-------------------------Smith

-------Barton------------------------------Nolan

----------------Carroll----------Shola

That system hasn't worked since 1996.  Mental!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Smiths performances vs Man Utd and Pompey last year suggested he may still have something persevering with. Lets not forget we're in the Championship now.The standard of midfielders in this league is ridiculously poor.

The problem is obviously his wages but at the moment, solely as a player, I'm not massively concerned with Smith. 

We were useless against Pompey, as always he offered nowt but the occassional aimless run

The team were useless. Smith offered more than enough for a Championship team and was lumbered with Butt for that game as well. Smith and Barton as a partnership in this league will be very good.

We were useless against Pompey, as always he offered nowt but the occassional aimless run

He doesn't even give 90% he's a fucking lazy twat that never enters the final third of either team. CUNT.

Spot on. The bloke's a total fraud. He's leapfrogged Duff in my 'Most Hated' league and that takes some doing. Fucking arsehole.

Harper

rtaylor staylor kadar enrique

lua-lua  barton  duff

carroll ameobi smith

i'd like tht but know its not gonna happen

No way could you go away to one of the best teams and line up like that it'll be suicide.

Harper

lua-lua  barton  duff

carroll ameobi smith

No way could you go away to one of the best teams and line up like that it'll be suicide.

That front six is just insanely attacking. Not to mention that there are thrww target men, two of which are playing on the wing.

I think any Barton--Guthrie/Smith is a midfield partnership that can see us in the upper reaches of the Championship for sure.

Harper

lua-lua  barton  duff

carroll ameobi smith

I think if we just stick to 4-4-2 and don't try and be clever with a 5 man midfield we'll look better for it. We aren't playing Liverpool and this idea of playing with one striker is depressing.