Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/joey-barton-in-shock-move-to-fleetwood-1-4767098#.UA2K-i0bc14.twitter

Published on Monday 23 July 2012 18:25

JOEY BARTON, one of the most controversial characters in football, is to train with Fleetwood Town.

In a sensational move which will rock football, ambitious Fleetwood have received permission from Queens Park Rangers for him to train with the Highbury club.

And there is a chance of loan move from QPR to Fleetwood, possibly until January, though manager Micky Mellon refused to comment on this.

Barton will join up with his Fleetwood on Thursday, prior to travelling to Scotland when he will spend a week with the Town squad.

Barton is friends with a number of players in the Fleetwood squad and when the player suggested that he would be prepared to train with Town, Mellon moved in quickly and made official contact with Rangers.

After incidents on the final day of last season Barton was banned for 12 matches after being found guilty of two counts of violent conduct.

Barton, 29, was sent off in QPR’s defeat at Manchester City on the final day of the season and accepted a charge over his clash with Sergio Aguero in the wake of his red card.

He was also found guilty over a separate clash with City’s Vincent Kompany.

FULL SENSATIONAL STORY - SEE TOMORROW’S GAZETTE

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Suprised Fat Sam hasn't gone in for him.

Sullivan and Gold have categorically said they will never ever sign him.

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton

Looking forward to training with Fleetwood Town for the week. Will get a much needed sweat on...

Still have 3 years left at QPR. Exciting times for the club, which I intended to be a part of.

Need to get some fitness in the meantime...Fleetwood are a young club going places. 5 promotions already in the last few years. If I help some of their young players, great. Training with them will certainly help me with my short term fitness and my plan on being as fit as possible during my 12 game ban...

Guest bimpy474

Why cant he keep his fitness up at Q.P.R. ?. It makes no sense that he needs to go to Fleetwood for that. I'm betting Q.P.R. wanted his disruptiveness away from the club.

And that website.......if you ever wondered who had the biggest ego at our club when he was there, that takes away all doubt.

Hmm. Might be some logic in loaning Joey Barton to a League One/Two side. 12 Premier League games means unavailable until mid-November.

12 games in the Football League means a suspension until the start of October. Loan him out, 6 weeks less suspension, recall him.

[/offtwitter]

Guest bimpy474

Hmm. Might be some logic in loaning Joey Barton to a League One/Two side. 12 Premier League games means unavailable until mid-November.

12 games in the Football League means a suspension until the start of October. Loan him out, 6 weeks less suspension, recall him.

[/offtwitter]

They wont let him get away with that though and its not a loan anyway. He is just going there to train, the loan wouldn't happen until he has served his suspension as if he was still at Q.P.R..

Guest Brendan_Rice

Website looks good, looks like the guys who made it are working with PUMA for something to do with Newcastle's new strip (that is what I took from it anyway).

Have a read at the blurb here:

http://www.first10.co.uk/