Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Loven11

Skysports.com understands Newcastle star Joey Barton is poised to sign a new deal at St James' Park.

Newcastle have been in talks with Barton as they look to secure the midfielder on a long-term contract.

Barton has been in outstanding form for Newcastle this season and his performances have attracted the interest of a number of Premier League rivals.

The midfield dynamo has 18 months to run on his current contract and Newcastle have moved to offer Barton a new deal to ward off interest from his list of suitors.

Talks are believed to be at an advanced stage and Barton is now thought to be ready to ink a new three-and-a-half-year deal to keep him on Tyneside.

Barton's agent Willie McKay has confirmed the former Manchester City ace is on the brink of pledging his long-term future to Newcastle.

"Talks have progressed well and we are hopeful of concluding the deal very soon," McKay told skysports.com.

"Joey is enjoying his football at Newcastle and he is happy to sign a new deal."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6713587,00.html

Barton and Jose will have seen players leave the clubs they've been at before.

Like I said, Hughton getting sacked was infinitely worse than Carroll being sold, if Barton was prepared to sign a contract despite his manager getting sacked, he won't care too much about Carroll being sold for a new British record transfer fee.

Barton and Jose will have seen players leave the clubs they've been at before.

Like I said, Hughton getting sacked was infinitely worse than Carroll being sold, if Barton was prepared to sign a contract despite his manager getting sacked, he won't care too much about Carroll being sold for a new British record transfer fee.

I agree with that Towelie.

Carroll was a good player and an exelent prospect, he wasn't god of the club :lol:

Him leaving would make more differance to Nolan than it would Barton & Enrique i'd have thought, due to the two of them been bezzies and all that. We've only sold a player man, people need to keep things in perspective.

Love his confidence.

I’ve said before that when I’m in form there is nobody better than me in this country.

"There are people who have played as well as me.

"But week in, week out, there’s nobody better.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=joey-barton-puts-newcastle-before-england%26method=full%26objectid=28100012%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

It's all very well being self-assured and confident in your ability, but too much yak and it's still just bragging, would prefer if he toned it down a bit.

As long as he keeps performing, i couldn't care less what he says.

Like i've said in the AC thread, i have been told he has signed a contract and it will be released this or next week.

odd you'd think they'd want a little positive publicity right about now

You'd think so.

My 'source' may well be wrong. So i don't want to go on like i'm an ITK tbh...despite telling you guys :facepalm:

:lol:

Guest VegasToon

Like i've said in the AC thread, i have been told he has signed a contract and it will be released this or next week.

We have a good base of players to build around.  A couple of good signings and the way Barton is playing, I see no reason why we couldn't push for Europe next year.