Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guthrie's looked better on the ball than Cabaye for ages now, but even during his good games he still looked shit off the ball and especially defensively. And he's had moments where he's looked a bit of a liability imo. Just don't think he has the physical or mental requirements for 4-4-2 and he's probably not got enough impact in the final third to be an out and out attacking midfielder either. Technically very nice, but that's it.

I'd like to keep him as back-up but i don't think he'd be happy to continue being benched all the time. Think he'll do better in a more possession orientated side anyway.

Pretty much my view word for word.

Not to fussed really, we have other young CM players to replace him, he is never going to be fit enough to play 90 mins week in week out.

I remember the video on NUFCTV where Wright is on about how Guthrie is the worst trainer how he really hates the fitness side, and IMO that shows.

Would be a brilliant signing for Swansea.

A midfielder who can't run? Don't think he'd get a game there.

Technically he's superior to Britton and Allen. Rodgers could probably help him develop as well.

Sigurdsson is obviously a better player though.

Not remotely surprised if he's had enough. He deserves to be in the team after his performances earlier in the year. Bit of a pisstake how he was immediately lynched the moment an under-performing Cabaye came back. He'll be a good player for someone.

Shame. Agree to a certain extent that he's very replaceable, but at the same time I'd ideally like to keep him and possibly look to bring in another body for CM (if we qualify for Europe) which would allow us to send our younger players, like Abeid, out on loan. As it stands Abeid could soon be our third choice CM if we lose Guthrie and Gosling as expected.

It's a shame that he's intent on leaving. It's understandable from his point of view, I guess - unfortunately, he's not going to get in the team ahead of Cabaye and Tiote so looks like leaving would be the best move for his career. Has to be said, he's done really well when called upon this season and I really would have liked him to stay.

If he does indeed leave, hope he doesn't go to Villa. Really don't trust McLeish to get the best out of him. In any case, best of luck to the lad, whatever his career path.

Don't believe he is intent on leaving, just wants a better deal. The plus side of leaving is the signing on fee, better wages and likely automatic first team football which outweigh sticking here and waiting for Cabaye or Tiote to get injured or suspended. Regardless, he does want to stay and has said as much, our board is just hardball with how much we rate him.

Like to see us playing 3 in midfield with a combination of Guthrie, Tiote, Cabaye and Guti and a front three of Hatem, Cisse and Ba.

Going to miss him if he leaves - have always liked him and is finally starting to show what he can give to a PL midfield.

If he doesn't fit into our setup, then the best of luck to him whereever he goes. Think he'll definitely become a solid, midtable PL midfielder for years to come.

Replace him with Diame. Done.

I'd like to get someone like Diame in irrelevant if he leaves or not, we need someone to back up Tiote who has an understanding with Cabaye of when to press the play and when to sit because Guthrie for all his pro's does not understand this.

Having said this id like to see him stay but i will understand if we wants to leave for regular football.

Guest bimpy474

Always liked him but he is so one paced, his lack of movement and pace will stop him being a top player imo.

He needs to go. He's been here for a long time and, for one reason or another, hasn't done enough to justify a new contract.

Similarly to Lovenkrands, Best and Smith, we should be using his place in the squad with a player with potential who could go on to be far better than the players they're replacing.

Guest palnese

Think he'll wait and see if we qualify for Europe. If we do so, we're going to need a bigger squad, and he'll get more time on the pitch.