SSN: David O'Leary 'no longer in contention' for NUFC job

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dave O'Leary needs to be working. Dave O'Leary doesn't want to be playing golf.

Just spotted that :lol:

I hate that kinda person I remember when he was at Villa he was refferring to James Milner and was saying James wants to play for me....  Not Villa just for him. a prick.  Also he sign so many bad players for Leeds the likes of Johnson from Derby whom he sign for 7 million. I remember we sign Jenas that time for 5 mil we got a lot for the money Sir Bobby spent for Jermaine..

Surely O'Leary would realise that he'd be an unpopular appointment to say the least?

You have to wonder who'd take the job when they know the fans will hate them from day one for being a Mike Ashley 'joke' appointment.

Utterly desperate out of work managers with huge egos, O'Leary fits the bill nicely.

Surely O'Leary would realise that he'd be an unpopular appointment to say the least?

You have to wonder who'd take the job when they know the fans will hate them from day one for being a Mike Ashley 'joke' appointment.

Probably because he has an ego the size of a house and thinks we'll all love him after the team rally around and win 6 games on the trot. The same patronising logic that Ashley & Llambias own in spades.

We're thick and fickle Geordies, we'll love him the same as Shearer and Keegan in a little while. That'll be his take on it (and theirs).

TBH he reminds me of an early version of Phil Brown, permatan, nose job, massive ego with little reason for it.

Probably because he has an ego the size of a house and thinks we'll all love him after the team rally around and win 6 games on the trot. The same patronising logic that Ashley & Llambias own in spades.

We're thick and fickle Geordies, we'll love him the same as Shearer and Keegan in a little while. That'll be his take on it (and theirs).

TBH he reminds me of an early version of Phil Brown, permatan, nose job, massive ego with little reason for it.

When did Phil Brown take a team to a Champions League semi final?

Phil Brown - journeyman football player and poor manager

David O'Leary - Arsenal and Irish playing legend at the highest level and excellent track record and credentials in management.

That's like comparing chalk with cheese.

David O'Leary - Arsenal and Irish playing legend at the highest level and excellent track record and credentials in management.

I was talking more about their permatan obsessions and egos tbh. Egos the size of houses we can do without at the moment, it will get in the way and he'll fall out with Mikey at the first obstacle, I''m sure of that.

But you never know, it might never happen, who the fuck knows.

You really do have a man crush on O'Leary don't you bud?

Phil Brown got Hull promoted and survived the first year in the Premier League beating Arsenal at the Emirates, us at SJP and a few more very impressive scalps along the way.  Poor manager indeed.

I thought O'Leary was half decent TBH and his record suggests that.

As for a bloke... he's an absolute cock end.

Having O'Leary as manager is better than sticking with Hughton and better than having Kinnear back but that's not saying a great deal.

Having O'Leary as manager is better than sticking with Hughton and better than having Kinnear back but that's not saying a great deal.

When I looked at his record I just saw a guy who was living on the work of others gone before him. Is there any evidence that he has actually built a club from the bottom or even understands what it takes to run a club at this level without money?

This is pretty much my opinion as well.

£30 for a decent seat, 400mile round trip, Live on the telly, rudderless with no ambition or leadership.

Against all reason I am drawn to going to the Reading game. If however O'Leary is given the reins, I will let common sense prevail and stay at home.

It can't be true, surely it is just speculation and tittle tattle from journos with no real info.

would o'leary really be a bad choice as manager? ok he's not exactly the most humble of individuals but then again i really don't think any manager is terribly humble since the job requires a level of confidence to keep control of a bunch of overpaid children (essentially what most footballers are) with huge egos. While not exactly my 1st choice as manager (my personal preference would be curbishley) he is a proven manager and a large improvement on jfk or hughton (who is doing a decent job but as he's said himself is no manager) he has played and managed at the highest level and probably thinks he has a point to prove to the world of football for forgetting him. I have this feeling that the dislike of o'leary is not so much down to o'leary himself (though im sure its some factor) but moreso against the very idea of ashley staying, now i don't like it either but thats looking like whats going to happen and surely appointing a manager and getting on with things is better than the current situation of limbo and hughton attempting to keep things under control

Any sort of stability and plan around this club would be better than where we are now.

It is in O'Learys interests to succeed as it could be his last chance to manage (if he takes the job and fails).  If the papers are correct and he will only sign on with guarantees of stability and money (even if just for loans) then I will be happy with his appointment.  At least it will mean that there is someone in the club wanting to drive it forward. 

I was talking more about their permatan obsessions and egos tbh. Egos the size of houses we can do without at the moment, it will get in the way and he'll fall out with Mikey at the first obstacle, I''m sure of that.

But you never know, it might never happen, who the f*** knows.

Ruud Gullit has one of the biggest egos in football yet he was welcomed with open arms.

Strange

You really do have a man crush on O'Leary don't you bud?

Phil Brown got Hull promoted and survived the first year in the Premier League beating Arsenal at the Emirates, us at SJP and a few more very impressive scalps along the way.  Poor manager indeed.

Let's give Phil Brown the job then.

Ruud Gullit has one of the biggest egos in football yet he was welcomed with open arms.

Strange

He was black and had dreads so it's allowed

Strange

He was black and had dreads so it's allowed

And if we got new owners, got back to the prem and were linked with Mourinho, would you get people on here saying they don't want him because he's got an ego?

Defy's belief this place at times.

Guest Roger Kint

Mourinho has an ego due to being a success, the man is a proven winner in every job. The other two have basically done jackshit managerially. The only thing that defies belief round here is the fact you cant separate these blatently obvious facts :facepalm:

Mourinho has an ego due to being a success, the man is a proven winner in every job. The other two have basically done jackshit managerially. The only thing that defies belief round here is the fact you cant separate these blatently obvious facts :facepalm:

That's a laugh. Mourinho hasn't achieved half of what O'Leary has in football but Mourinho can have an ego (even before Chelsea) and O'Leary can't.