Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Gagging Order: MP Names Footballer In Commons

Ryan Giggs has been named by an MP in the House of Commons as the person identified on Twitter in the context of injunctions.

Birmingham MP John Hemming gave the footballer's name when speaking about injunctions in Parliament.

He spoke after a group of newspapers failed in its bid to lift an injunction which banned the naming of the Premier League footballer who had a "sexual relationship" with a reality TV star.

The papers had gone to the High Court in London to try to overturn the injunction after the publication of the footballer's name and photograph in a Scottish newspaper, the Sunday Herald.

The married star, referred to as CTB in court documents, is alleged to have had a "sexual relationship" with Big Brother contestant Imogen Thomas.

Mr Justice Eady rejected a fresh application by News Group Newspapers to discharge the privacy injunction relating to CTB on the basis that to continue it would be "futile", given recent widespread publicity about his identity.

The judge said: "It has never been suggested, of course, that there is any legitimate public interest, in the traditional sense, in publishing this information.

"The court's duty remains to try and protect the claimant, and particularly his family, from intrusion and harassment so long as it can."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Video-MP-Names-Footballer-At-Centre-Of-Gagging-Order-In-House-Of-Commons/Article/201105415997439?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15997439_Video%3A_MP_Names_Footballer_At_Centre_Of_Gagging_Order_In_House_Of_Commons

Good timing this, in the build up to the CL Final.

He should have thought about Fergie before unzipping his trousers then, shouldn't he?!

I imagine most of that squad, Neville and Scholes especially, do think about Fergie before unzipping their trousers. :no:

Freddy Adu was called up to the US squad for the Gold Cup.  :lol: I can't remember the last time he was called up, besides being with the B team in the 09 GC.

Is this a Gold Cup year where you send the full team?

Freddy Adu was called up to the US squad for the Gold Cup.  :lol: I can't remember the last time he was called up, besides being with the B team in the 09 GC.

Is this a Gold Cup year where you send the full team?

Yeah, every one after a WC year is the important one. Although, if we don't win this year we might send a full squad to 2013 as we don't have the Confederations Cup to worry about.

They mentioned Balotelli not being there today for City's parade but I didn't see Shay about either.

Unhappy about being benched against Bolton so he fucked off back to Italy.

Apparently dining out with AC Milan people anarl.

Beckford reached 10 for the season. Predicted that at the start of the season and he should have more.

He has missed some glaring opportunities so I hope we don't rely on him as our main striker next year, but considering he's never played in the Championship never mind PL before this year, I think there's a player there. It's no fluke he continually gets himself into good goalscoring positions, so although he has been frustrating, I'd keep him.

Statistically, I imagine he has one of the better goals-minutes ratios. About half of his appearances have been off the bench with not much time left.

He looked terrible early in the season, I think I even had him in my "worst players to continue starting in the Prem" team because he was missing sitter after sitter.

His nerves subsided, or he may have hit rock bottom and bounced, who knows - he did improve a lot and looked a dangerous player subsequently. Got a way to go and still think you need another striker, but I think you have a decent player there - maybe the next Darren Bent ;)

Not really heard much in the way of top goalscorers this season other than Berba and Tevez. Just popped on to check it out and Peter Odemwingie is 4th top goalscorer for the season :lol:

Guest palnese

Holloway on Cristiano Ronaldo:

"He's six foot something, fit as a flea, good looking - he's got to have something wrong with him. Hopefully he's hung like a hamster - that would make us all feel better. Having said that, me missus has got a pet hamster at home, and his cock's massive