Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I can honestly say I've never heard of the guy. Given a quick glance at his recent history and putting my pundit hat on its an odd choice, how well does he really know the Championship as it is now, does he have some transfer targets in mind? Wolves would have been better off either finding an experienced head to get them back up (you know like the one they had before they sacked him) or taking a punt on a young english manager who at least would have some idea of what he's in for.

He's also just guided his hometown club from s*** creek to the Norwegian top division for the first time in 8 years (at the time) and took them 5th on a shoestring budget. Then he also just guided FC Copenhagen to five league wins, one cup win and one Royal League win, as well as taking them out of the group stages of the CL as the first Danish side ever (IIRC). Then, he proceeded to go to a club that wouldn't let him have any transfer funds and a wage budget that didn't even manage to make him get people out of the Danish league on frees. He's a fantastic appointment for Wolves, and I applaud them for thinking out of the box. If he can make his mark on the club and implement his style, man, Wolves might actually come good. (if they have the players, obviously)

Oh god. This is gonna be worse than Oldtype and his Korean PL players obsession :razz:

I absolutely loathe Solbakken for ripping up his Norway contract to go to fucking Köln. Still doesn't deter from the fact it's a good choice for Wolves and that he's a good manager.

He's also just guided his hometown club from shit creek to the Norwegian top division for the first time in 8 years (at the time) and took them 5th on a shoestring budget. Then he also just guided FC Copenhagen to five league wins, one cup win and one Royal League win, as well as taking them out of the group stages of the CL as the first Danish side ever (IIRC). Then, he proceeded to go to a club that wouldn't let him have any transfer funds and a wage budget that didn't even manage to make him get people out of the Danish league on frees. He's a fantastic appointment for Wolves, and I applaud them for thinking out of the box. If he can make his mark on the club and implement his style, man, Wolves might actually come good. (if they have the players, obviously)

That time FCK knocked out Rosenborg in the CL was belting like I agree.

:scared:

Guest gggg

Ian Edwards: #wwfc - Stale Solbakken is the new Wolves manager - deal all done #Wolves

Thinking outside the usual box.  :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ian Edwards: #wwfc - Stale Solbakken is the new Wolves manager - deal all done #Wolves

Thinking outside the usual box.  :thup:

SSN interviewed players as they were turning up at the training ground. Seemingly most of them had no idea who Solbakken was.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1493505_crying-manchester-city-fan-claims-his-mind-game-tv-tears-inspired-title-turnaround

A Manchester City fan caught crying when his club appeared to have blown their Premier League title chance  says he is responsible for their amazing turnaround.

John Millington, 26, made headlines across the world when TV crews filmed him in tears during the Blues’ 1-0 loss at Swansea City in March. The defeat saw rivals United take over at the top of the table by a point – a lead they would go on to stretch to eight points. John’s fame was such that City boss Roberto Mancini pledged his team would try to win the title ‘for that guy’.

John, a Royal Mail worker from Droylsden, believes  the team’s stunning revival is down to the galvanising effect of his outburst. He said: “I really think it made the difference. Mancini said they had to win it for me and I think the players realised that. “They saw me in tears and realised what it meant to all the City fans. United’s players must have seen it too and it seems to have put the pressure on them. I like to think I started the mind games back then and it seems to have done the trick.”

John is even hoping to be asked to join City’s victory parade should they beat QPR to secure the title on Sunday. He said: “I was talking to one of my mates about it. We were wondering if Mancini would ask me to come on the bus with them or even lift the trophy on the pitch. I’ll wait for his call! As for the United fans who gave me a load of grief – well it looks like I’ll have the last laugh. “Although, having said that, one Red who made T-shirts with me crying on them has said I can have them for free.”

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1493505_crying-manchester-city-fan-claims-his-mind-game-tv-tears-inspired-title-turnaround

A Manchester City fan caught crying when his club appeared to have blown their Premier League title chance  says he is responsible for their amazing turnaround.

John Millington, 26, made headlines across the world when TV crews filmed him in tears during the Blues’ 1-0 loss at Swansea City in March. The defeat saw rivals United take over at the top of the table by a point – a lead they would go on to stretch to eight points. John’s fame was such that City boss Roberto Mancini pledged his team would try to win the title ‘for that guy’.

John, a Royal Mail worker from Droylsden, believes  the team’s stunning revival is down to the galvanising effect of his outburst. He said: “I really think it made the difference. Mancini said they had to win it for me and I think the players realised that. “They saw me in tears and realised what it meant to all the City fans. United’s players must have seen it too and it seems to have put the pressure on them. I like to think I started the mind games back then and it seems to have done the trick.”

John is even hoping to be asked to join City’s victory parade should they beat QPR to secure the title on Sunday. He said: “I was talking to one of my mates about it. We were wondering if Mancini would ask me to come on the bus with them or even lift the trophy on the pitch. I’ll wait for his call! As for the United fans who gave me a load of grief – well it looks like I’ll have the last laugh. “Although, having said that, one Red who made T-shirts with me crying on them has said I can have them for free.”

The worrying thing is, you can tell he actually believes that.

Ahh yes, spinning the old 'I wasn't crying as I was upset, I was crying to trick the players into thinking I was very upset and to trick man united fans too...it was all a ruse.'

The bloke must be part of Mensa with that kind of forward thinking.

Fucking belltop.

The worrying thing is, you can tell he actually believes that.

My City-supporting mate thinks he's a dick (basically embarrassed the entire fanbase and all that reasoning). In fact, most Man City supporters think the same.