Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

He's picked a fantasy team (no idea where he got the prices from) and basically picked the England side  :lol:, aside from Kompany, 2 Newcastle players and Messi (apparently you're allowed to pick one player playing elsewhere in Europe  ???)

Hart; Kompany, Lescott, Terry, Cole; Lampard Gerrard, Ben Arfa; Rooney, Cisse, Messi.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/31/100m-worth-of-glory-boys-72703-31512124/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He's had an absolute mare there

Steve Harper - £4.2m

What the jumping jack christ?

He's picked a fantasy team (no idea where he got the prices from) and basically picked the England side  :lol:, aside from Kompany, 2 Newcastle players and Messi (apparently you're allowed to pick one player playing elsewhere in Europe  ???)

Hart; Kompany, Lescott, Terry, Cole; Lampard Gerrard, Ben Arfa; Rooney, Cisse, Messi.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/31/100m-worth-of-glory-boys-72703-31512124/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He's had an absolute mare there

Steve Harper - £4.2m

What the jumping jack christ?

He's gone mental. 

Interesting.

Hopefully he's going to spend a bit more now we've started to rein in the wage bill.

The Cleveland Browns have been sold by Randy Lerner to Jimmy Haslam for in excess of $1 billion, league sources said.

The sale of the Browns is laid out in two parts. Haslam will take over controlling interest of the Browns for over $700 million. Then, in the second phase of the purchase, he will pay over $300 million to complete the deal.

NFL ownership is expected to approve Haslam's purchase at its October meeting. Commissioner Roger Goodell could expedite the process by calling a special meeting, although that is considered unlikely.

The NFL helped bring Haslam to Lerner so that a sale could be completed smoothly, efficiently and with a high probability of success. Haslam had informed the league how much he wanted to buy a team, and Lerner -- who is more interested in his soccer team (Aston Villa in England) -- was interested in selling the Browns.

Paperwork between the two sides was completed Thursday morning.

Haslam is president and CEO of Knoxville, Tenn.-based Pilot Flying J, the largest operator of travel centers and travel plazas in North America with more than 550 retail locations. He is the older brother of Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, who also worked for the family business before he was elected mayor of Knoxville in 2003 and again in 2007, then governor in 2010.

The Browns have been owned by the Lerner family since 1999, when the franchise was reborn after the original club moved to Baltimore.

Randy Lerner, 50, inherited the Browns in 2002 following the death of his father, Al.

Some fans have been unhappy with Randy Lerner, long criticizing him as a disengaged owner of a club that has made the playoffs just once since it was recreated.

Haslam has been a minority investor in the Pittsburgh Steelers and in a 2010 profile told the team's website that he had been a Dallas Cowboys and then an Indianapolis Colts fan. But with the Pittsburgh investment, Haslam said he had become "1,000 percent a Steelers fan." The Steelers, of course, are the Browns' chief rivals.

Haslam has begun to make plans with the Rooney family to sell the portion of the Steelers that he owns. By the time his purchase of the Browns becomes official, he no longer is expected to own the percentage of the Steelers that he controls.

Guest Tyson

Interesting.

Hopefully he's going to spend a bit more now we've started to rein in the wage bill.

The Cleveland Browns have been sold by Randy Lerner to Jimmy Haslam for in excess of $1 billion, league sources said.

The sale of the Browns is laid out in two parts. Haslam will take over controlling interest of the Browns for over $700 million. Then, in the second phase of the purchase, he will pay over $300 million to complete the deal.

NFL ownership is expected to approve Haslam's purchase at its October meeting. Commissioner Roger Goodell could expedite the process by calling a special meeting, although that is considered unlikely.

The NFL helped bring Haslam to Lerner so that a sale could be completed smoothly, efficiently and with a high probability of success. Haslam had informed the league how much he wanted to buy a team, and Lerner -- who is more interested in his soccer team (Aston Villa in England) -- was interested in selling the Browns.

Paperwork between the two sides was completed Thursday morning.

Haslam is president and CEO of Knoxville, Tenn.-based Pilot Flying J, the largest operator of travel centers and travel plazas in North America with more than 550 retail locations. He is the older brother of Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, who also worked for the family business before he was elected mayor of Knoxville in 2003 and again in 2007, then governor in 2010.

The Browns have been owned by the Lerner family since 1999, when the franchise was reborn after the original club moved to Baltimore.

Randy Lerner, 50, inherited the Browns in 2002 following the death of his father, Al.

Some fans have been unhappy with Randy Lerner, long criticizing him as a disengaged owner of a club that has made the playoffs just once since it was recreated.Haslam has been a minority investor in the Pittsburgh Steelers and in a 2010 profile told the team's website that he had been a Dallas Cowboys and then an Indianapolis Colts fan. But with the Pittsburgh investment, Haslam said he had become "1,000 percent a Steelers fan." The Steelers, of course, are the Browns' chief rivals.

Haslam has begun to make plans with the Rooney family to sell the portion of the Steelers that he owns. By the time his purchase of the Browns becomes official, he no longer is expected to own the percentage of the Steelers that he controls.

That's an understatement. Deeply unpopular owner, possibly moreso than Modell who took the club to Baltimore with the core of what turned out to be a league winning team. The Lerners have practically been run out-of-town. I recall an article i read a couple of years back. Essentially it was a Q&A piece (put together by a club mouthpiece, akin to Ryder) with the normally reclusive Lerner. It was basically a PR exercise, littered with a heap of hard-hitting Dorothy Dixer questions, aimed at giving some sort of insight (and weather the growing supporter backlash somewhat) into the club's direction under Lerner's ownership while trying to illustrate that he had an emotional engagement with the club, the city & it's fans.

As for his growing interest in Aston Villa, and football general. Hasn't one of the biggest criticisms levelled against him (particularly over the past year or two) is that he's rarely been sighted at Villa Park?

Guest Tyson

Brendan Rodgers is playing transfer's version of the Hokey Cokey[glow=red,2,300]![/glow]

by Lee Ryder, on July 23 11:29am.

(Edited)

The Chron's resident poet forgot to include his exclamation mark, for a dramatic effect.

When Hibbo scores we riot :lol:

It's blatantly going to be like Stuart Pearce when he was on 99 league goals in that meaningless end of season fixture in 2002, where he was basically playing up front and taking every single set piece, with his team mates trying to set him up so he could get to a hundred before he retired. So, when Pearce got the chance to take a penalty late in the game, and Dave Beasant even seemed to indicate where he should place the ball, he accurately whipped the ball just over the crossbar. :lol:

I'm convinced he's going to balls the inevitable penalty up.

Even if he scores, it's a s*** way to do it. I'd rather keep the possibility going that his first goal will be a last minute winner that slices off his shin and deflects four times on its way to the net.

As for his growing interest in Aston Villa, and football general. Hasn't one of the biggest criticisms levelled against him (particularly over the past year or two) is that he's rarely been sighted at Villa Park?

Yes, definitely over the course of last season.

Yes, definitely over the course of last season.

Who can blame him though? Lots of people wouldn't have gone if you paid them last season. :lol:

Guest Tyson

RealMagicMike @realmagicmike

@Lee Ryder

Wey Neymar, Wey Neymar! Is that a chant? I mistook it for an excited milf at one of my live shows.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@RealMagicMike

Is that your idea of banter lad!

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

Any new exclusives in the works Lee? I mean a stolen set of quotes, or copyrighted material, that is.

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

And btw that chance meeting with Neymar should probably read: Neymar walked past the press gathering, and glanced my way.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@RealMagicMike

Are you questioning my credenteuls, like all the other online #trolls! Wow, there's a surprise!

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

I'll put it this way. Your Neymar meeting, and i use that term loosely, was akin to somebody spouting off I Know That Bloke, but the reality is more like They Only Know Of That Bloke.

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

BTW, wheres the pic?

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@RealMagicMike

Your point is!

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

Just suggesting that you might be dropping names here Lee, axaggerating a brief crossing of paths. Nothing like bigging yourself up to the nationals eh, by slipping in the odd big-name here and there. Sports writer, my arse.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@RealMagicMike

U actually forgot to add #Chief in front of #Sports Writer lad! Ironic for somebody who is critisising me for missrepresenting facts!

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

Are you upset there Lee?

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@RealMagicMike

Not at all mate! #livingthedream in fact. Your #fifteenminutesoffame have expired! #troll.

Reply Retweet Favorite

QuaysideKelly @quaysidekelly

@Lee Ryder

Don't let the trolls get to you Lee. Don't muddy your reputation, by getting emotionally involved with them numpties. Keep #livingthedream mate. Hugs & Kisses, Kell.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@QuaysideKelly

Cheers Kell! I'm paid to #liveandbreathethebeautifulgame! The #trolls are most likely searching through job adverts, hoping to find a life! Such a poor outlook on life, #mugs! Amusement value for Mark and I though LOL!

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

Following up on a couple of your conversations. We did sell Beardsley to the Scousers well before his best years. Your view is spot-on, as per usual mate.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@Quaysidekelly

Aye, I'm a bit of a maverick voice on this one! Always have been! Even back in the day during my time as a work experience kid at Thompson House, when i was licking stamps in the mailroom!

Reply Retweet Favorite

@Lee Ryder

Wow Lee. You're practically an institution at Thompson House now. You've been there for sooooo long, and climbed up the ranks as well!

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@QuaysideKelly

Just remember Kell! Humble begginnings always lead to a higher calling! Consider me a role model and always #livethedream! Remember that! That's the best bit of advice i can give you!

Reply Retweet Favorite

Mick Foley said in his books that it's much better to build someone up before delivering that crushing insult. Much more effective than constant insults.

So maybe the technique is to be all "Lee, Lee, don't listen to the trolls. You're a great reporter", "I really enjoyed your exclusive last Wednesday" and "I'm surprised the nationals haven't picked you up yet". Gain his trust before crushing him with "Perhaps its because you're shit at your job and a condescending wanker". That'll hurt him.