Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Robert Huth diagnosed with suspected meningitis.

:scared: Not good, that can be shit serious.

This is true. Knew a couple of lads who died in their 20s of this, one was as fit as fuck too, team captain. Never liked Huth, but hope he's OK.

:thup: Girl I know was lucky, she got through, but was quarantined for weeks, in an awful state. Not good. :undecided:

Leeds United takeover collapses

THE Gulf-funded deal to buy Leeds United from current owner Ken Bates has collapsed, it was reported today.

The Leeds United Supporters Trust said on its Facebook page that it could “confirm that the deal to buy the club has now collapsed”.

The trust said it would make a more detailed statement later today.

United have been in talks with potential purchasers for almost two months but have made no comment on the progress of discussions since announcing on June 26 that an unnamed group were performing due diligence on the accounts at Elland Road.

Leeds chief executive Shaun Harvey is understood to have flown to Monaco yesterday to meet with chairman Ken Bates for further talks.

Last month Sheikh Abdulrahman bin Mubarak Al-Khalifa – the man who led a failed takeover of Leeds United in 2003 – was named as a key figure in the Middle Eastern consortium behind the takeover.

Reports in the Bahrain media claimed a group of investors, headed by lifelong United supporter Al-Khalifa, were close to completing a deal for Leeds.

But talks appeared to have stalled, and this morning manager Neil Warnock revealed that that further new signings were now dependent on the finance raised from players leaving Elland Road.

Al-Khalifa, a member of Bahrain’s ruling dynasty, was part of a consortium including representatives from Saudi Arabia and Asia who failed to push through a takeover deal just under a decade ago, but it seems he has maintained a strong interest in United’s affairs.

In 2003 he told reporters: “I fell in love with the club when I was 11-years-old when Leeds played Chelsea in the 1970 FA Cup Final.

“Leeds mean everything to me, I was born to support them. Those who are closest to me, my friends and my family, know what Leeds United mean to me.”

The protracted takeover saga has been rumbling on for more than two months with a trail leading from North America to the Gulf.

Leeds reached an exclusivity agreement with an unnamed investor in early July, with the period enabling the interested party – who satisfied the requirements of the Football League’s Owners and Directors test – to carry out due diligence at the club.

More shortly

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/breaking-leeds-united-takeover-collapses-1-4818341