Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I just want say that i love this board so much i can't find enough words to describe it .

People in here , are just so passionate , so funny , crazy at times , and when i discovered that website a year ago , i could'nt predict how much joy i would get comin here , reading those threads, posting now and then . You guys are just fantastic and I had to share my feeling after those five incredible days.

I loved newcastle for some time now , but i always wonder what makes that club so special , he took about a year to realised..

Sometimes people are nicely bashing me  ;D , maybe cause of my deluded post sometimes , or my horrible english but it doesn't matter , i feel like i'm in a brotherhood and i hope to see myself as an "old-timer" in five years or so..

Love you guys so much , Vive Newcastle et Vive la France !

:clap:

I'm not on here long myself, but I'm never going to leave, some of the threads on here have been epic, no other forum comes close to this place.

Electronic group hug everyone  :3some:

I just want say that i love this board so much i can't find enough words to describe it .

People in here , are just so passionate , so funny , crazy at times , and when i discovered that website a year ago , i could'nt predict how much joy i would get comin here , reading those threads, posting now and then . You guys are just fantastic and I had to share my feeling after those five incredible days.

I loved newcastle for some time now , but i always wonder what makes that club so special , he took about a year to realised..

Sometimes people are nicely bashing me  ;D , maybe cause of my deluded post sometimes , or my horrible english but it doesn't matter , i feel like i'm in a brotherhood and i hope to see myself as an "old-timer" in five years or so..

Love you guys so much , Vive Newcastle et Vive la France !

This is it. Or sisterhood, obv. Or any otherhood. Aye.

Platini to Wenger's rescue:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-wenger-axe-january-transfer-window-125618115.html

Premier League - Platini joins Wenger in criticising transfer window

The January transfer window should be abolished or at least limited because it is unfair and distorts competitions, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and UEFA president Michel Platini said on Friday.

"I think a lot of coaches are unhappy about it because they don't know if they are going to end the competition with the same team they started with," Platini told reporters at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.

"I think it's unacceptable when, in one part of the competition, a player plays for team A against team B and, in the second half, he plays for team B against team A."

"This transfer window has been created to allow for a certain amount of business in a few other situations, but I think overall it damages the competitions."

His French compatriot Wenger agreed.

While Arsenal have yet to make any new signings this month, fellow Premier League side Newcastle United have been busy with purchases including French players Massadio Haidara, Mathieu Debuchy, Yoan Gouffran and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

"I think it (January transfers) should all be completely cut out or limited to two players," Wenger told a news conference.

"It's unfair for the league, some teams who have played for example Newcastle now twice already have an advantage on teams who play Newcastle now they have bought six or seven players.

"You do not face exactly the same team so I believe the number of players you could buy should be limited."

Arsenal rarely use the January transfer window, having only signed Thierry Henry on loan last season, no-one the two previous campaigns and Andrei Arshavin - whose Russian season had completed - back in 2009.

Wenger pointed out fundamental flaws in the mid-season window, which see teams both panic buy and panic sell, resulting in unusual transfer fees.

"It is a wrong transfer market. The only teams who sell players are teams who are in financial trouble who sell or players who are unhappy where they are," he added.

Just spoke to a recruitment consultant on the phone who was clearly French, took all my restraint not to ask him what he thought of Newcastle!

Ran into a load of French navy sailors who are in town and come into my shop. It was so difficult resisting to do the same. Wanted to know who supported who, and what they thought of our new recruits. Desperately turned over my phone and left it on the counter, which is in a cover with our badge lasered into it. No one seemed to recognize it or give a f***ing toss.

Just spoke to a recruitment consultant on the phone who was clearly French, took all my restraint not to ask him what he thought of Newcastle!

Ran into a load of French navy sailors who are in town and come into my shop. It was so difficult resisting to do the same. Wanted to know who supported who, and what they thought of our new recruits. Desperately turned over my phone which is in a cover with our badge lasered into it. No one seemed to recognize it or give a fucking toss.

Oh aye?  :naughty:

Ran into a load of French navy sailors who are in town and come into my shop. It was so difficult resisting to do the same. Wanted to know who supported who, and what they thought of our new recruits. Desperately turned over my phone which is in a cover with our badge lasered into it. No one seemed to recognize it or give a f***ing toss.

Oh aye?  :naughty:

Aye. A boat load of Cabayes man I tell ye. Literally. Uniforms all neatly pressed and not a speck of dust anywhere. Those handsome fucks. :angry:

Really don't see the difference between bringing in loads of players in January or bringing in loads of players in the summer. If they want it limited it should be limited in all transfer windows.

Well they essentially make the point that some teams will have had the opportunity to play against Williamson twice, whereas others will not. That's the difference. It makes some sense, but then the first transfer window should end before our season begins. Then you get into the problem of different seasons starting at different times etc etc.

Meh. The point of having a mid-season transfer window is that teams can make adjustments based on injuries/loss of form - which is (you could argue, broadly) what you've done. I just wish they would move on to ways in which they can attack the status quo, rather than preserve it. AFAIK it's not the smaller clubs that are protesting against the January window.

Platini to Wenger's rescue:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-wenger-axe-january-transfer-window-125618115.html

Premier League - Platini joins Wenger in criticising transfer window

The January transfer window should be abolished or at least limited because it is unfair and distorts competitions, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and UEFA president Michel Platini said on Friday.

Blah blah blah

While Arsenal have yet to make any new signings this month, fellow Premier League side Newcastle United have been busy with purchases including French players Massadio Haidara, Mathieu Debuchy, Yoan Gouffran and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

"I think it (January transfers) should all be completely cut out or limited to two players," Wenger told a news conference.

"It's unfair for the league, some teams who have played for example Newcastle now twice already have an advantage on teams who play Newcastle now they have bought six or seven players.

Blah blah blah

Wenger continuing to morph into Ferguson as far as finger-pointing and whining goes. I know, he's just trying to gain an unfair advantage, and all's fair etc. Charmless twat, though, wish someone would strike them both dumb. Don't know what he's doing it for either, no-one else is going to fluke a 7-3 against our tired and weakened team now. I hope.

There didn't used to be "transfer windows" until FIFA imposed them on us, you could transfer players throughout the season until about mid-March, after which it was somehow deemed unsporting to buy your way to the title/survival/promotion. Meddling bureaucrats trying to justify their existence, that's all.

Some Portsmouth fans seem to think that if they are kicked out of the league at the end of the season then Rangers will take their place.

I wonder if the FA will actually look at the situation and try to take advantage of it though.

Some Portsmouth fans seem to think that if they are kicked out of the league at the end of the season then Rangers will take their place.

I wonder if the FA will actually look at the situation and try to take advantage of it though.

why cos theres a spare place for a blue team? :lol: