Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I was considering joining but he's saved me a quid there. Is and always will be a total w*****.

Isn't the idea of the Trust that it's a democratic institution? The opinions of one member, albeit a board member, shouldn't put people off joining. If 99% don't share his opinion, naturally the alternate view will win out. The whole fan group thing always falls down as people aren't willing to engage with anyone outside of their own echo chamber, much like the state of politics in this country.

I'll always defend people who continue to go as well. I'll be giving up this season, and it genuinely pains is to do so having gone week in week out all my adult life, but there's nothing there to support anymore. Having said that, I know a few blokes I went with who share the same view as Wraith (who is an absolute melt, obviously) and will no doubt be there for the Arsenal match. They've all went for 30+ years and certainly shouldn't be slagged off by fellow fans, the majority of whom haven't put in anywhere near the time, finances or support to the cause over the years.

Joined the trust as it will be one of the few outlets of support going forward. Genuinely think it could succeed as a unifying voice if people buy into it.

This is such bullshit, you act like going to the game is some sort of marytdom, the stadium is literally in the city Centre, the match costs the same as any other form of entertainment. This isn’t some laborious hardship of “30years” it’s going on the piss and watching football. If our ground was in some industrial estate somewhere you’d see a lot more people dropping out.

There speaks a man who has never had to give it up.

It's not martyrdom at all, but for some people it's what they've always done and enjoyed doing. Of course its partly about the day and the piss up, but in reality if there wasn't NUFC a lot of people, especially older fans, wouldn't see their mates bi-weekly. It's a valid reason to go to the match, whether you like it or not.

If you took golf away from an elderly Tory nonce it would cause similar distress. The online element of our fanbase could genuinely benefit from trying to accept alternate viewpoints, or at least attempt to debate in a reasoned manner.

Wraith's online schtick is absolutely repugnant but as Greg says he probably opens doors, and is one man among a vast membership. The reason we're unlikely to get anywhere as a fanbase is because toys immediately go out the pram when someone fails to toe the party line.

I gave mine up after 12 years, lost a load of loyalty points into the bargain. Never missed a home game in any competition for 8 or 9 years at one point (this was when the UEFA Cup was almost every season) and I can attest that it's really not difficult. Two or three games of utter shite that you're no longer funding does wonders for self respect.

I was considering joining but he's saved me a quid there. Is and always will be a total w*****.

He’s one of a board of many, people need to get over this obsession with him. His contacts and reach have been invaluable to the board over last six months.

Was it not taken into consideration that he makes money from organizing talk ins with ex NUFc supporters that are sometimes held on NUFC owned premises. He also makes money from selling NUFC merchandise. This surely is a case of mixed loyalty's when you have someone at the very top of a supporters group trying to get Ashley out of the club. If I had known that NUST would have been used as a mouth piece for Steve Wraith I wouldn't have joined. And the fact those on the board of NUST wont even think about boycotting Arsenal game or any other game and also not considering doing the braver thing of ditching their season tickets (which would be a great example to all others sitting on the fence) then I'm sorry but its just going to end up being another group setup to inflate the ego's of the so called super NUFC fans.

He’s one of a board of many, people need to get over this obsession with him. His contacts and reach have been invaluable to the board over last six months.

Was it not taken into consideration that he makes money from organizing talk ins with ex NUFc supporters that are sometimes held on NUFC owned premises. He also makes money from selling NUFC merchandise. This surely is a case of mixed loyalty's when you have someone at the very top of a supporters group trying to get Ashley out of the club. If I had known that NUST would have been used as a mouth piece for Steve Wraith I wouldn't have joined. And the fact those on the board of NUST wont even think about boycotting Arsenal game or any other game and also not considering doing the braver thing of ditching their season tickets (which would be a great example to all others sitting on the fence) then I'm sorry but its just going to end up being another group setup to inflate the ego's of the so called super NUFC fans.

:clap:

As much of a cretin as he may be, don't let that put you off joining. He's not their spokesperson, the chair has already confirmed that. You can then vote him off the board when the time comes round. It's only a quid.

Idea to do something positive

Forum: There are better ideas

Idea to start a trust

Forum: It has 1 irritating person

Idea to boycott

Forum: It wont work

Idea to start various campaigns

Forum: Thats dumb

What you gonna do then?

Forum: Nothing

7000 people trying to do something positive. 1 of them is irritating.

Try and AT LEAST be a little pragmatic and level headed about this

What happens if 6500 of them want to boycott Arsenal but the ones on the board don't (which is what it seems like at the moment) what then is the point of it??

From the meeting they just had it sounded like they will only do what benefits them not everyone else.

What happens if 6500 of them want to boycott Arsenal but the ones on the board don't (which is what it seems like at the moment) what then is the point of it??

From the meeting they just had it sounded like they will only do what benefits them not everyone else.

Board is elected by members. If you want a different board - join, and vote one in

Board is elected by members. If you want a different board - join, and vote one in

I have joined and I will vote but action needs to be taken now not 2 or 3 months down the line. If we want a boycott of the Arsenal game to work then this has to be in motion now to get round to the people who don't use social media, to try and talk around the people against it and to work with local newspapers to get it out there. We only have 5 weeks of the transfer window left if Ashley can see a fan base mobilizing against him in a huge way it could push him out or at least to spend extra on the team and not take any money out of the club.

Idea to do something positive

Forum: There are better ideas

Idea to start a trust

Forum: It has 1 irritating person

Idea to boycott

Forum: It wont work

Idea to start various campaigns

Forum: Thats dumb

What you gonna do then?

Forum: Nothing

Pretty much everyone on here is in favour of boycotting.

Guest The Little Waster

Sack the board sack the board sack the board ... 🤓