Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Every game, he has one moment where his judgement is terrible, but gets away with it...but then saves us with 2 world class saves per game...same was true tonight as it was when i was at Brammal Lane...

Harper's made some excellent saves this season. I'll admit I wasn't sure if we could justify paying him big money this year but he's earning his coin. He's a big part of us having, by far, the best defence in the league. :)

:kasper:

Guest Heneage

Harper's made some excellent saves this season. I'll admit I wasn't sure if we could justify paying him big money this year but he's earning his coin. He's a big part of us having, by far, the best defence in the league. :)

He made a point blank save yesterday with his foot, that was world class.

Guest Heneage

What is a world class save? Absolutely bloody meaningless phrase. (Not aimed at you, Nixon).

IMO, it's a save that you only see the best keepers make, the best keeprs are the ones who use their whole body to stop the ball, hands,feet, head anything. Where as a keepr might try to get down to it, Harper just used his foot.

What is a world class save? Absolutely bloody meaningless phrase. (Not aimed at you, Nixon).

IMO, it's a save that you only see the best keepers make, the best keeprs are the ones who use their whole body to stop the ball, hands,feet, head anything. Where as a keepr might try to get down to it, Harper just used his foot.

:lol: What?

Guest Heneage

You asked what is a world class save. I said it's the type of save you only see a top goalkeeper make...

You asked what is a world class save. I said it's the type of save you only see a top goalkeeper make...

Nah, the bit about a poorer keeper only blocking shots with his hands or something. Makes no sense, man. :lol:

Harper's save yesterday was tremendous but only had to make it because of his initial hesitance to come for a ball that should have been his. Bit of a rick but he redeemed himself and has been superb all season.

No offence mpa but the fact you have noted the exact minutes he has made mistakes suggest you are just sitting there waiting for him to make one.

As we have seen on here numerous times before, if you want a player to be shit you can make any performance shit no matter how they play if you are going to jump on every error. Very few players go through games making no mistakes, those who do cost dozens of millions of pounds and take home well into six figures a week.

You could be right. If only he would help me change my mind about him!

I assumed MyPalAl was you posting from a second account.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...