Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Probably Juventus, couldn't have seen them sticking with Buffon if Harper had been getting regular football, just too good.

England are going to screw up yet again by taking an ageing keeper in James into the world cup.

a young Shilton would never have been beaten by the "hand of god" and as for Seamans useless flap at the ronaldinho lob, hopeless.

They both were past it and leaden footed As will be James IMO.

None of the others have been convincing so why not Harper.

England are going to screw up yet again by taking an ageing keeper in James into the world cup.

a young Shilton would never have been beaten by the "hand of god" and as for Seamans useless flap at the ronaldinho lob, hopeless.

They both were past it and leaden footed As will be James IMO.

None of the others have been convincing so why not Harper.

Rather have Joe Hart, getting a run out as well on loan, hopefully on form by the time the WC comes around.

Green's always been a bit lacking for me, a bit like Harper. Speaking of Steve, done very well this season, but should do really.

Was Steve Harper in goal many many moons ago in a CL game against Juventus at SJP? I remember the Newcastle keeper making a killer save on the late stages of the game and me thinking "that's their #2?".

Yes.

80 min It had to happen at some point: Titus Bramble drops a Holy Mary Mother of God ricket and Zalayeta is clean through. But Steven Harper senses the danger and smother his shot. Great save! "How appropriate is it that a defender breaks Newcastle's duck in the Champions League," says Mick Wall, who may or may not be the Kerrang journalist verbally assaulted by Axl Rose in Get in the Ring. "I guess I should keep my big mouth shut about our defence. Come on lads, hold on!"

Seems I was right!