Nicky Butt Overhead Kick Appreciation Society

Aphrodite

I'm beginning to really believe that after nearly 20 years of professional football, Nicky Butt has taken enough blows to the head through heading the ball (and other players) that he's now suffering from brain damage.

He is now under the absolute belief that he didn't just grow up playing the David Beckham, he is David Beckham.  Whenever he gets the ball he thinks What would Beckham do?  Hang on, I AM David Beckham! and he proceeds to try the spectacular passing that he (as Beckham) is capable of.  Unfortunately, he's Nicky Butt (even if he's forgotten that bit) so his amazing 70-yard pass to a forward simply appears to us as him bizarrely hoofing the ball out of play, but in his mind he's just grabbed an amazing assist that the media will be jizzing over for the next 10 years.

:lol:

Glad there's a thread on this, remember thinking "what the fuck?", like many, when I saw it. Surprised he didn't break his fucking hip though, the old turtle.

Yeah he's game but he needs to be careful, recovery takes a lot longer in old age.

Is Michael McNally in the group anyone from here ?

Looks exactly like:

http://woxy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/was.jpg

Genuinely thought it was him at first.

:lol:

Yeah, thats me. I look like every fucker, and when WAS were a bit bigger I got it a lot. Didnt mind like, the ladies love wor Keith.

Yeah, it's definately not a bad thing. I'm going to try and dig out my WAS cd  now, haven't heard it in years.

Didnt Butt do another over head against Sheffield Wednesday or did I just imagine it?

Yes, he did. That one was pretty good though, and appropriate to the circumstance so won't get mentioned here.

• 5 years later...

Man, this guy was so awful in those latter days for us.

He was awful for pretty much the entirety of his time with us but for a couple of half decent performances after returning from Birmingham on loan.