Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Thank fuck for the one he saved off the line.

Probably won us the game tbh, they were pressing at that point and had loads of time left. They needed a spark and that goal could well have been it. Looked like Krul was telling him that at the final whistle as well.

Horribly limited in possession and limited as a defender, but he's athletic and doesn't stop trying.  It's that which sees him through games.

If he was just a bit quicker i'd say he'd be worth sticking with but he does lack a bit of acceleration against really quick players, and given the rest of his limitations, i only hope we one day find another dirt cheap player who's better.

Guest palnese

Probably won us the game tbh, they were pressing at that point and had loads of time left. They needed a spark and that goal could well have been it. Looked like Krul was telling him that at the final whistle as well.

Was thinking that myself.  O0

:thup:

Love seeing the defensive unit giving each other a right screaming, man handling when one of them pulls off something quality.

Arguably his best performance for us tonight. Another goal-line clearance against Man U :lol:

Now he just needs to play like this week in, week out. I guess having someone to help him out defensively contributed to him having a good game tonight.

He is indeed this:

Man Utd slayer.

Happy Birthday Danny :thup:

Maybe instead of replacing him we should have him be our third choice GK? unbelievable block today, it was right in front of me and  i honestly gave up hope on it being anything than a goal.

not the first time this season.

He had his best game for us I think.

Considering he took a lot of grief last week, he stepped up his game yesterday.

Always tight to the man, not giving them an inch.  Only made one positional mistake too where he left someone unmarked.

I still have my doubts, especially with the backing off, but maybe the player in front of him has been a part of his problem.

On that subject, 30 seconds into second half, three-on-three -> no midfield help for Jones -> semi-professional foul -> direct free kick -> goal. Better players than Simpson can struggle when exposed.

Made amends for the Liverpool fiasco with his efforts last night, good display of his character. More of this type of player (mentally) in the squad and we won't go far wrong.

Guest johnson293

Today's Chronicle reckons he's 'set to sign new deal' with us.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/jan2012/0/8/back-page-6-january-2012-831621717.jpg

Average/poor player, but incredible at getting back on the line.  Has the most goal lince clearances in the league I believe?

He was much improved against Man U, but still unconvinced by him.  Just looks so unatural and scared when on the ball. 

If he did sign a new deal, I would want him as a squad player, but like that's going to happen with Ashley in charge  :yao: