Newcastle United Vs. Crystal Palace Wed. Jan 27th 2010 7:45pm KO

Fenham Mag

Another sub 40k crowd? There will be next to no away fans most likely.

35K I predict.

Looking at the ticket map on NUFC.co.uk it looks like we will struggle to get 20k.

I'm guessing numbers aren't your strong point? :lol:

35K I predict.

Looking at the ticket map on NUFC.co.uk it looks like we will struggle to get 20k.

Don't be daft.

Anyway, must-win.

Palace losing 10pts will be all the more grist for Warnock's mill and they'll come out all guns blazing. I predict they'll tank it in the first half, leaving us in disarray trailing 2 goals in the first 60 mins, cue a frenzied last third...and we'll miss a draw due to a dodgy refereeing call in the 88th minute.

Are Victor Moses primarily a right winger, or can he operate both sides? If he only plays on the right side, im confident that Enrique will contain him pretty good, and we will come out of the game with a comfortable win. If someone like Tavernier is thrown in at the deep end against one of the best wingers in this league, I won't keep my hopes very high for a win.

Guest Roger Kint

35K I predict.

I'm guessing numbers aren't your strong point? :lol:

After wallsendmag(?) made a similar joke am tempted to says thats not a serious post, the poster however suggests otherwise :iamatwat: :shifty:

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

I predicted 0-0 earlier this week, but now with Forest winning and WBA slipping up, also a new signing to freshen things up i think we will come up comfortable winners tonight ..... 3-1, but i hope for more.

Some random stats....

We've scored atleast twice in 9 of our last 11 games.

In all of the last 4 games we've conceded, atleast one of their goals has come from a corner. So we're not dealing with them well.

So score + dont give away corners = sorted.

The way David Craig was going on about it yesterday, none of them had any clue until they got off the plane and all their phones went mental - administration and going straight from play off challengers to relegation fighters is quite a leap - I reckon it might hit a few of them quite badly.

Hopefully we'll see a Plymouth FA Cup replay type performance from them and we'll walk it. 2-0.

Tamas Kadar is set to retain his place at centre-half, with Jonas Gutierrez expected to line up at right-back, the position he fills for the Argentinian national team.

NEWCASTLE (probable, 4-4-2): Harper; Gutierrez, Coloccini, Kadar, Enrique; Routledge, Smith, Nolan, Guthrie; Carroll, Lovenkrands.

From the Northern Echo

Jonas & Routledge down the right up agaisnt Moses should be decent.

Tamas Kadar is set to retain his place at centre-half, with Jonas Gutierrez expected to line up at right-back, the position he fills for the Argentinian national team.

NEWCASTLE (probable, 4-4-2): Harper; Gutierrez, Coloccini, Kadar, Enrique; Routledge, Smith, Nolan, Guthrie; Carroll, Lovenkrands.

From the Northern Echo

So who's on the left, Guthrie? Seems a shame...

Guest palnese

From the Northern Echo

Decent enough, but we'll lose the vital Enrique/ Jonas combination. Jose will be our only attacking outlet down the left, as Guthrie will cut inside all the time.