Jóan Símun Edmundsson

gray

Already a full international at 18, I know its the Faroe Islands but that's still pretty promising.

I could be a full international for the Faroe Islands.

No you couldn't.

Ok, I would need a fake passport.

As well as some Footballing ability.

Faroe Islands is less populated than the neighborhood I grew in, and I probably was the best goalie in my neighborhood (my team won the local championship twice). Not an exageration of my footballing qualities, it's just a very small pond. But hope he turns out to be the one-in-a-million talent that place produces.

Massimo Bonini was from San Marino, and he was a key player for Juventus winning Serie A, European Cup etc. So it can happen I guess.

tbf San Marino isn't a small island populated with sheep in the middle of the ocean, though. :pow:

Already a full international at 18, I know its the Faroe Islands but that's still pretty promising.

I could be a full international for the Faroe Islands.

No you couldn't.

Ok, I would need a fake passport.

As well as some Footballing ability.

Faroe Islands is less populated than the neighborhood I grew in, and I probably was the best goalie in my neighborhood (my team won the local championship twice). Not an exageration of my footballing qualities, it's just a very small pond. But hope he turns out to be the one-in-a-million talent that place produces.

Massimo Bonini was from San Marino, and he was a key player for Juventus winning Serie A, European Cup etc. So it can happen I guess.

tbf San Marino isn't a small island populated with sheep in the middle of the ocean, though. :pow:

True

I looked earlier, their most capped player managed 16 games in Denmark and their top scorer (with a massive 10 goals) played a few games in Norway. I don't think any of them have played higher than championship level.

FFS their population is 50k. Considering that half of that is female and another half of the rest  is either too old or too young, you literally only have to be the best player out of 50 people to make the national squad. :lol:

Jóan Símun Edmundsson is a Faroese footballer, currently playing for Newcastle United after a successful trial with the club in January 2010. Having scored 10 goals for his club B68 (of the Meistaradeildin) and gaining his first full international cap playing against France in a world cup qualifier, a game lost narrowly 1-0, Edmundsson is considered something of a hot prospect in his home country. He is also quite handsome if rumours are to believed.

He is the first player from the Islands to play for Newcastle and hopes to make an impact in the reserve team, harbouring ambitions of breaking into the first team.

Edmundsson is also known to be a massive fan of Honey Badgers and is rumoured to have caught one from the wilds of the Kalahari desert to keep as a pet. [citation needed].

Following his transfer to the English leagues, Edmundsson's agent is said to be concerned with the current trend in English football. Speaking to the Evening Chronicle his agent stated, "Joan is delighted to be playing football in England and feels it will no doubt help further his career however he is wary of John Terry and as a safety precaution, will be keeping a close eye on his partener in the near future."

John Terry was quick to rubbish rumours that he and Edmundsson's partner were sharing intimates stating to a national newspaper, "she's a proper minger, I wouldn't touch her with yours!" Edmundsson declined to comment.

The Journal also claimed that Edmundsson would be co-starring in the new TV drama alongside Terry 'Other Footballers' wives'. Neither party has denied the claim.

What a great source of information Wikipedia is.

Jóan Símun Edmundsson is a Faroese footballer, currently playing for Newcastle United after a successful trial with the club in January 2010. Having scored 10 goals for his club B68 (of the Meistaradeildin) and gaining his first full international cap playing against France in a world cup qualifier, a game lost narrowly 1-0, Edmundsson is considered something of a hot prospect in his home country. He is also quite handsome if rumours are to believed.

He is the first player from the Islands to play for Newcastle and hopes to make an impact in the reserve team, harbouring ambitions of breaking into the first team.

Edmundsson is also known to be a massive fan of Honey Badgers and is rumoured to have caught one from the wilds of the Kalahari desert to keep as a pet. [citation needed].

Following his transfer to the English leagues, Edmundsson's agent is said to be concerned with the current trend in English football. Speaking to the Evening Chronicle his agent stated, "Joan is delighted to be playing football in England and feels it will no doubt help further his career however he is wary of John Terry and as a safety precaution, will be keeping a close eye on his partener in the near future."

John Terry was quick to rubbish rumours that he and Edmundsson's partner were sharing intimates stating to a national newspaper, "she's a proper minger, I wouldn't touch her with yours!" Edmundsson declined to comment.

The Journal also claimed that Edmundsson would be co-starring in the new TV drama alongside Terry 'Other Footballers' wives'. Neither party has denied the claim.

What a great source of information Wikipedia is.

That's been updated recently, I checked 30 mins ago and all it said was "Jóan Símun Edmundsson is a Faroese footballer, currently playing for Newcastle United after a successful trial with the club in January 2010." :lol:

Or they could've just kept updating it with fancy stuff when it gets deleted like in the Ranger days.

Hitchin's most famous football product is either Matt Oakley or Andrew fotiadis but we have now produced Jack Wilshire (despite being born in a stevenage hospital is a hitchin boy ;)

Wilshire is a stevenage lad,  fact!  Also,  thought Oakley was from Letchworth?