Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

Guest Brewcastle

I feel for Swansea & their fans. We have been completely and utterly s**** today, did not deserve a point at all. Oh well.  :lol:

I only feel for getting an important point..... deserved or not.

Guest icemanblue

I give up with this team. I don't care anymore. I'm actually looking forward to the play-offs anyway. Will be a good laugh.

A textbook, workman like performance. Well done lads.

WTF?

Waaaah waaah waaaaaah Carrol is the worst player we have!  :facepalm:

Yeeeeah yeeeeah yeeeeeah Carrol we love you!  :iamatwat:

Carroll is still f***ing s***, it's only statistics that with all the headers he f***s up one or two will sometimes be good.

That's 5 goals in 6.

So? If our target man was any decent it'd be more than that with our long ball tactics tbh.

:lol:

If your being serious that is even funnier!

Of course I'm serious, anyone not wearing "He's a local lad, he's teh best since Shearahhhh lolz!!!11!1one!!1" glasses sees that.

Our target man should be getting a goal every game :lol:  Your funny.

Where was Carroll prior to his scoring run? If we had a target man that could actually steer his headers towards other players, and use his feet as well, we'd easily be a much better side. I'm not saying a target man needs to score, but Carroll offers nothing besides being lucky a few times in recent games. Ranger for instance, whilst still being very raw, shows sign of being a decent target man in that he can hold up the ball and actually aim headers. It's a shame he can't put them away. Carroll is just a young Tore Andre Flo tbh.

when is barton due back? i can't take kevin nolan any longer. take away the goals, and he has been recently, and he's one of the poorest central midfielders in the division, and that's saying something considering this league is shit.

At least Best was physically present when he came on. Don't want to see Loven out there from the start again, just to weak physically.

Looked alright to me, got involved at least. Due in part to us actually starting to try like.

The thing about Loven is he doesn't drop off to pick up the ball and then look to link our play. Ever.

He is constantly looking to get in behind, and to be fair he does make some lovely runs, however we are so incapable of spotting them never mind actually playing a decent ball to him that it is all pointless.

On  a team like West Brom or Cardiff Loven would score 50 in this league. Oddly enough he is a liability to us unless he is coming on late.

Imagine what how many he would score if he was playing at Arsenal

when is barton due back? i can't take kevin nolan any longer. take away the goals, and he has been recently, and he's one of the poorest central midfielders in the division, and that's saying something considering this league is s***.

2 weeks maybe.

when is barton due back? i can't take kevin nolan any longer. take away the goals, and he has been recently, and he's one of the poorest central midfielders in the division, and that's saying something considering this league is s***.

2 weeks maybe.

Coventry.

Waaaah waaah waaaaaah Carrol is the worst player we have!  :facepalm:

Yeeeeah yeeeeah yeeeeeah Carrol we love you!  :iamatwat:

Carroll is still f***ing s***, it's only statistics that with all the headers he f***s up one or two will sometimes be good.

That's 5 goals in 6.

So? If our target man was any decent it'd be more than that with our long ball tactics tbh.

If your being serious that is even funnier!

Of course I'm serious, anyone not wearing "He's a local lad, he's teh best since Shearahhhh lolz!!!11!1one!!1" glasses sees that.

Our target man should be getting a goal every game :lol:  Your funny.

Where was Carroll prior to his scoring run? If we had a target man that could actually steer his headers towards other players, and use his feet as well, we'd easily be a much better side. I'm not saying a target man needs to score, but Carroll offers nothing besides being lucky a few times in recent games. Ranger for instance, whilst still being very raw, shows sign of being a decent target man in that he can hold up the ball and actually aim headers. It's a shame he can't put them away. Carroll is just a young Tore Andre Flo tbh.

You should look at how many assists Carroll has, it might just surprise you.

2 weeks maybe.

Coventry.

Never ever he will play there.

You shouldnt expect Carroll to single handedly make up for our poor style of football. No matter how much is directed at him. If anything it puts more pressure on him to create something from nothing, with little support from others as has been said. He's scoring goals recently and showing that he'll deliver if given decent crosses.

The one thing id have a go at him for is that he's pretty lazy off the ball.

At least Best was physically present when he came on. Don't want to see Loven out there from the start again, just to weak physically.

Are you having a laugh or what? We had 25% possession when he was on the pitch. How on earth can we expect a player like Lovenkrands to perform under long ball, hit and hope conditions.

I know, I know. I have explained this further since.

It's not Loven's fault. I'm saying we are so bad at taking advantage of the way he plays that it hurts us having him out there.

I can't see us changing or improving the way we play and so ... it's just terribly frustrating.

If you discount the Cardiff game, have we played well in 2010 yet?

You can't make a statement like that and discount that game. It's like a lottery winner saying if you discount the time I won 5 million on the lottery, I've never had any luck in the lottery. You're point though is right, we've been struggling for form for much of the year, and just 2 wins thus far is poor return for a team chasin promotion, our fixture list though does get a little better for the rest of the month, important that we capitalise on it now.