Watford vs Newcastle United -Saturday 27/2/10 - 3pm KO

Stifler

Considering the players out, I think Hughton will play for safety first and go 451, especially after the Swansea experience. If things go pear shaped, he would have the options of Best and Ranger to bring on up front. I got a sneaking feeling of a loss today but hope for a draw at least.

If a lesson was learned against Swansea then we'll not have Smith and Nolan in the same central midfield, we'll see.

0-1 Nolan 67th minute.

Nolan's injured.

I've seen the training pics on .co.uk. . Barton was with in the "normal" training. Does anyone know if he'll be ready to be on the bench today?

Doubt it mate, i think he's only been with them for a couple of weeks.

Ok, hoped there would be a chance of him being on the bench.

0-1 Nolan 67th minute.

Nolan's injured.

Is he?

Yes. http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/02/27/kevin-nolan-injured-misses-watford-game/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nufcblog+%28The+Newcastle+United+Blog%29

Bad news this morning that top scorer Kevin Nolan has been ruled out of todays’ game at Watford with an ankle injury.

Kevin Nolan - misses game at Watford today

Kevin has 12 goals this season already,  but the Liverpudlian hurt his ankle in training earlier today, and will miss out this afternoon.

Nolan will have scans carried out on the ankle next week.

If Nolan is out long term, it could be that Newcastle will try to being in a loan player to fill in for Kevin, because it’s just so important that we continue our promotion drive this season.

We think probably the best player to come in this afternoon for Kevin will be Ryan Taylor, with Guthrie and Smith taking over the major duties of central midfield.

This is the side we now think Chris will field at Watford this afternoon in a  4-5-1  formation:

Harper

Simpson Coloccini Williamson van Aanholt

Pancrate Taylor ® Guthrie Smith © Gutierrez

Carroll

Subs: Krul Kadar Hall Best Ranger Donaldson Airey

You could have pickd a better source :lol:

I know.. but this one was the one I've found quickest on newsnow.

Officla site said days ago that Loven would be fine for this game bow he is out? wtf

The official site said days ago in the match preview that he won't make it...

Officla site said days ago that Loven would be fine for this game bow he is out? wtf

But then they said he wouldn't be fit along with Butt, Enrique and Routledge. You have to keep checking for the latest info.

Aye just seen it... aint been on there for days.

:D

0-1 Nolan 67th minute.

Nolan's injured.

Is he?

Yes. http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/02/27/kevin-nolan-injured-misses-watford-game/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nufcblog+%28The+Newcastle+United+Blog%29

Bad news this morning that top scorer Kevin Nolan has been ruled out of todays’ game at Watford with an ankle injury.

Kevin Nolan - misses game at Watford today

Kevin has 12 goals this season already,  but the Liverpudlian hurt his ankle in training earlier today, and will miss out this afternoon.

Nolan will have scans carried out on the ankle next week.

If Nolan is out long term, it could be that Newcastle will try to being in a loan player to fill in for Kevin, because it’s just so important that we continue our promotion drive this season.

We think probably the best player to come in this afternoon for Kevin will be Ryan Taylor, with Guthrie and Smith taking over the major duties of central midfield.

This is the side we now think Chris will field at Watford this afternoon in a  4-5-1  formation:

Harper

Simpson Coloccini Williamson van Aanholt

Pancrate Taylor ® Guthrie Smith © Gutierrez

Carroll

Subs: Krul Kadar Hall Best Ranger Donaldson Airey

:spit:

Ryan Taylor in central midfield, fucking hell. :lol: What an utter piece of shit that site is.

TEAMS

WFC: Scott Loach, Adrian Mariappa, Jay DeMerit, Martin Taylor, Lloyd Doyley, Don Cowie, Henri Lansbury, John Eustace, Jon Harley, Heidar Helguson, Danny Graham

Subs:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Fabricio Coloccini, Mike Williamson, Patrick van Aanholt, Danny Guthrie, Alan Smith ©, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Leon Best, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Fitz Hall, Ryan Taylor, Nile Ranger, Fabrice Pancrate, Ryan Donaldson