Watford vs Newcastle United -Saturday 27/2/10 - 3pm KO

Stifler

Guest toonlass

Did you read the last paragraph of the Enrique article?

Talk about hiding bad news..

well its another body

If we raid the mortuary we could add more useful bodies to the squad than his tho.

Did you read the last paragraph of the Enrique article?

Talk about hiding bad news..

well its another body

If we raid the mortuary we could add more useful bodies to the squad than his tho.

;D

When was the Routledge thing known of? I didn't actually realise till I picked up the team sheet.

That's how most injuries seem to happen. It confuses me so much, the lack of reporting on injured players.

It really is amazing to me. Especially coming from the American point of view, where every single injury is listed and dissected to death. Hell, every team releases injury reports well in advance, there's constant communication regarding it with fans and the leagues. Here, it always seems to be a total surprise when a player is injured or returns. If it wasn't for physioroom in the EPL at least, we'd hardly ever know how when players were due to return or if a player was even actually injured. Real shortcoming from the fans point of view at least.

Glad I'm not the only one whose frustrated by it. Like today, I turn on Man City/Liverpool and Tevez wasn't in because he was hurt, and I had no clue until that point.

Guest cla1dwa
It confuses me so much, the lack of reporting on injured players.

is this not a good thing? the opposition plan all week for how to deal with certain players, lo and behold they find out half an hour from kick off that all their plans are in the cack?

is this not a good thing? the opposition plan all week for how to deal with certain players, lo and behold they find out half an hour from kick off that all their plans are in the cack?

Exactly. I imagine Preston will have spent some time at least talking about how to contain Routeledge on the right only to find out an hour before he is not playing.

So going from that it could be;

Harper

Simpson    Williamson    Coloccini      Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Guthrie                                                  Jonas

Best            Carroll

Perhaps with Lovenkrands and Van Aanholt included in place of Best and Enrique.

Exactly. I imagine Preston will have spent some time at least talking about how to contain Routeledge on the right only to find out an hour before he is not playing.

If you look at it that I guess, but it's still extremely frustrating from a fans point of view when people you expect to play all week are just not in the squad.

Also, ignore the Tevez mention earlier, like gdm said, his wife was having a baby.

Løvenkrands said to danish media today that he's hoping his injury wont last for more than a week. He has strained his left buttock, so we probably shouldn't expect to see him against watford.

This will perhaps ruin his last chances for going to the world cup, since the call-up for next friendly is tomorrow and he needs to be involved to in it to have even a small chance to be in contention.

Daft question, but are there any tickets left for this?  Will it be possible to rock up at the ground on Saturday and ask for a few tickets for the away end?

You never know, my mate got lucky asking outside the away end at Forest this season. Smaller allocation this time round. If you don't live far from there I'd say give it a go.

Pitch is terrible, Lovenkrands, Routledge and Jonas doubtful (i wouldn't play them if the pitch is heavy) so i'd go there with the sole intention of not losing and hope to come away with a point or sneak a flukey win.

This game will be a lot harder than people think, they were unlucky to lose to us up here.

Guest jeffers09

Just thinking, we might even wear the B&W stripes for this one! :fwap:

Third kit tbh.

When they gonna have some more in on online been waiting for ages  :rant:

Guest toonlass

Third kit tbh.

They're not. I asked at the club shop.

Is Shola not back for this?

Don't think so, sure he's out for "several" weeks with a cattled hamstring.

Back to the annoying injury thing, seriously, "several"? I'm sure they can accurately predict the amount of time out without having to say several to us. It's so frustrating to me.

Guest jeffers09

Third kit tbh.

Useless ****

They got eny in the club shop up there?

Third kit tbh.

Useless ****