Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Withe strike force we currently have, we need someone who can score smething like 15 goals a season in the PL next year. Fletcher doesnt fall into that category. Eagles might be useful as a winger, if we sold Jonas.

15 goals per season is a big ask I think. It means the striker should have scored 10 goals now.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

This criteria will exclude players like Adebayor, Berbatove, C Cole, Anelka etc.

I genuinely think Steven Fletcher is a must buy. Young, hungry, talented, proven and still has potential. Won't be too expensive either. Burnley are going down

Don't know how realistic it is, but Pablo Piatti really caught my eye yesterday for Almeria. He worked both flanks, worked hard, neat passing, good technique, dribbling and scored a goal. This is the only game I've seen him play, so can't say too much.

Can't be to expensive considering he plays for Almeria...?

Would love to see him in the prem, but I think he's a little too light weight

Withe strike force we currently have, we need someone who can score smething like 15 goals a season in the PL next year. Fletcher doesnt fall into that category. Eagles might be useful as a winger, if we sold Jonas.

15 goals per season is a big ask I think. It means the striker should have scored 10 goals now.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

This criteria will exclude players like Adebayor, Berbatove, C Cole, Anelka etc.

I genuinely think Steven Fletcher is a must buy. Young, hungry, talented, proven and still has potential. Won't be too expensive either. Burnley are going down

Yep for 15 goals a season we would need to fork out 10m+ and we could still end up with another Owen or Luque. Stevie boy is banging them in for Burnley who are pretty shite and as Delima says he is hungry and seems like the sort of guy that would thrive playing in front of 50,000. 3m + Ameobi or Caroll would surely wrap it up. Throw in Best too while were at it and get Eagles or Kevin Macdonald.

Players i'd be interested in if their team was to demote: Only teams i think are a chance of demotion are Portsmouth, Burnley, Hull and Wolves

Portsmouth:

Belhadj

Prince-Boateng

Burnley:

Eagles

Wolverhampton:

Ebanks-blake

Milijas

Don't know how realistic it is, but Pablo Piatti really caught my eye yesterday for Almeria. He worked both flanks, worked hard, neat passing, good technique, dribbling and scored a goal. This is the only game I've seen him play, so can't say too much.

He is very small, but he had spunk in his game, and went in many challenges against players over a head higher than him. He might take some time adjusting to the physicality in England, but size isn't everything, and he would get alot of freekicks in dangerous areas.

He is very small, but he had spunk in his game, and went in many challenges against players over a head higher than him. He might take some time adjusting to the physicality in England, but size isn't everything, and he would get alot of freekicks in dangerous areas.

:laugh:

I'm bored.

Look at your avatar.

Agree with the Piatti suggestions, he's a cracking little player who I've liked the look of every time I've seen him play. He has an Italian passport aswell I think which would mean there would be no Work Permit problems.

Could imagine it being a little bit too pricey to bring him here though unfortuantely, Almeria paid around about £5 Million on him i seem to remember so they'll probably want a bit of profit on that.

The lad Wolves have on loan from Chaleroi his name escapes me.

Bia.

If thats the guy who skilled past everyone everwhere on the pitch then it's worth a look, it would be interesting to see if he can actually create something though or if he just goes around in circles.

Few realistic transfer targets (if we go up) could be: (based on being 26 or under and fairly small wages)

Jamie O'Hara (Spurs)

Hassan Yebda (Benfica)

Gueïda Fofana (Le Havre)

Steve Fletcher (Burnley)

Chris Eagles (Burnley)

David Nugent (Pompey)

George Elukobi (Wolves)

Michael Kightly (Wolves)

Gylfi Sigurðsson (Reading)

Joe Ledley (Cardiff)

Nacer Barazite (Arsenal)

Slobodan Rajković (Chelsea)

Miroslav Stoch (Chelsea)

Look at your avatar.

Arshavin is 10cm taller and almost 10 years older. Piatti is nowhere near the player Arshavin is. Yet.

Guest jonlane86

Few realistic transfer targets (if we go up) could be: (based on being 26 or under and fairly small wages)

Jamie O'Hara (Spurs)

Hassan Yebda (Benfica)

Gueïda Fofana (Le Havre)

Steve Fletcher (Burnley)

Chris Eagles (Burnley)

David Nugent (Pompey)

George Elukobi (Wolves)

Michael Kightly (Wolves)

Joe Ledley (Cardiff)

Nacer Barazite (Arsenal)

Miroslav Stoch (Chelsea)

Good Shout:

Jamie O'Hara (Spurs)

Steve Fletcher (Burnley)

Chris Eagles (Burnley)

Michael Kightly (Wolves)

No Idea what they are like:

Hassan Yebda (Benfica)

Gueïda Fofana (Le Havre)

George Elukobi (Wolves)

Nacer Barazite (Arsenal)

Miroslav Stoch (Chelsea)

I really hope it doesn't happen:

David Nugent (Pompey)

Unrealistic:

Joe Ledley (Cardiff)

I'd quite like to see Habib Beye back at the club, certainly realistic if we manage to sort our off the field crap especially as he's practically guaranteed a starting berth.  We could also ship out Ryan Taylor, who although I was a bit of a fan of him at the end of last season, I feel he's average at best.  If we could tempt Matty Taylor to join that would give us something different, a proven set piece taker and regular goalscorer.  Doubt he'd cost a huge amount both transfer fee or wages.

I'd not re-sign Beye on principle now tbh...........also he's dead money - he'll have very little resale value and he'll be after decent wonga.

That kid from Derby (centre half) looked a very good player and would be worth signing a la Victor Moses - an investment who may come good but would be a low risk buy.

Guest jonlane86

Unrealistic:

Joe Ledley (Cardiff)

Out of contract at the end of the season. Don't see any reason why he won't move to us in the Premiership.

He will move to the Premiership, but it wont be to us.