Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Probably not realistic, but if Arsenal get another striker in I can see them letting Eduardo go. They paid about £8m for him, might be worth a crack for that sort of money. Lost a bit since the tackle but surely would still be our best striker.

I reckon he'll probably go abroad if he leaves mind.

Probably not realistic, but if Arsenal get another striker in I can see them letting Eduardo go. They paid about £8m for him, might be worth a crack for that sort of money. Lost a bit since the tackle but surely would still be our best striker.

Lyon supposedly after him I think I read this week.

Lyon supposedly after him I think I read this week.

Would blow that out of the water :lol:

I actually  think Caceres would do well in the Premier League, it's just his mental game that's weak, his technique is good and he's quite nippy. He'd be a huge upgrade on Simpson.

Our last asking price was 10m, a bit too steep for you I think.

As for a RB in the Enrique mould, not the same kind of player but Azpilicueta is very good. A bit more of a wingback, but deffensively sound (Osasuna have a great defensive unit). Although he's attracted the attention of some of the top half La Liga sides.

Anyone know how good Ebondo is from Toulouse. who JFK apparently wanted to sign?

Very average player. He probaly could play in the Premiership, but he really is nothing special at all. M'Bia was a pretty decent player, though. He's found a home at centreback it seems.

Snodgrass

This is a more likely target. Although will MA & Del fancy dealing Bates after the Beckoford farce.

Ha, good question.

Sorry, I didn't really explain myself. Got to see him play alot in Scotland and he had something a bit more special than the usual dross in the Scottish leagues. Hasn't developed as fast as I thought but might be worth a punt, he's pretty versatile (correct me if I'm wrong) and he wouldn't be too pricey, especially if Leeds don't go up.

Otherwise, raid the relegated teams.

Kevin Prince Boateng, Kevin Doyle, Steven Fletcher (very impressed by him this season) are pretty realistic.

Steven Whittaker isn't a bad right back if we are struggling, probably not realistic however.

Snodgrass' achilles heel from the little I've seen is that he has zero pace. Far too slow to make it in any of the wide positions at Premiership level.

If he could be converted into a central midfielder, ala Gary Speed, he might turn out to be a good player. But not sure if he's a a strong enough or tactically astute enough a player to make that switch.

Snodgrass' achilles heel from the little I've seen is that he has zero pace. Far too slow to make it in any of the wide positions at Premiership level.

If he could be converted into a central midfielder, ala Gary Speed, he might turn out to be a good player. But not sure if he's a a strong enough or tactically astute enough a player to make that switch.

that's what i thought when i saw him, that he was a central midfielder playing out wide. can definitely pick a pass, but im not sure he's any better than Guthrie, or the type of player we need atm.

TaylorJ_01 - In your view are the nu-breed of jocks like Snod, Dorrans, MCarthur, Adam, Burke, Mccormack & various others in The Football League (does any prick on here call it the EFL :snod:) good enough for the PL? Fletch, McCarthy & Fergie have done well in PL  this year. But guys like the Caldwell boys, Stevie Thompson, O'Connor & few others have lookded shite.

I think Caldwell has been good for Wigan, to be honest. He's got a couple bad games, including the one against ManCity where he was sentoff, but otherwise when I watched them (I have a very soft spot for Roberto Martínez so I try to watch Wigan) he's looked very assured and contributed a couple important goals.

TaylorJ_01 - In your view are the nu-breed of jocks like Snod, Dorrans, MCarthur, Adam, Burke, Mccormack & various others in The Football League (does any prick on here call it the EFL :snod:) good enough for the PL? Fletch, McCarthy & Fergie have done well in PL  this year. But guys like the Caldwell boys, Stevie Thompson, O'Connor & few others have lookded s****.

You know, I think they are certainly of a better quality than we are used to but I don't think any of them are good enough at the moment. They are all lacking in something and they really suffer from not playing in good teams. Fletcher was picked up at an early age and was allowed to develop at a much higher level. If Fletcher was left in Scotland he would be nowhere near as good imo. McCarthy has been picked up early aswell but the bugger has opted to play for Ireland! Still, he has a bright future I think.

It's quite weird though, how there are so relatively few Scottish players that ever make it. It is just as big, if not bigger, a sport as it is in England.

Another point, it seems that Scottish players hit a brick wall. Look at Stephen McManus. He was a beast a few years ago and I really tipped him to be very successful. He's still young but he just seems to have stopped developing completely and even went downhill. Same with Snod (so far), O'Connor, Naismith et al. Burke and Adam were great at Rangers but, to me, they have reached their level already.

All in all, our league is shite -> players playing in shite league with shite coaching -> players don't get any better -> team full of shite players -> shite league and so on. Can't think of one player playing in Scotland who I can guarantee will be a top player.

With Hull looking like they'll be going down, I wonder if we could get Bullard off them - have always liked his attitude and he's a pretty decent player as well.

Too old and too injury prone.

With Hull looking like they'll be going down, I wonder if we could get Bullard off them - have always liked his attitude and he's a pretty decent player as well.

Too old and too injury prone.

This. Would possibly look at Stephen Hunt.

Has Bernard Mendy been any good for Hull? he used to be a decent player.