Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

Aye he did his job against Jonas, sign him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probs would prefer Steve Finning or Robbie Kean

West Ham join Newcastle and Wigan in chase for Oldham teenager Tom Eaves

West Ham, Newcastle and Wigan are among a clutch of clubs monitoring Oldham striker Tom Eaves.

The 6ft 4in teenager only made his debut this year and has appeared 13 times as a substitute, but is showing the potential to play at a higher level.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1268445/West-Ham-join-Newcastle-Wigan-chase-Oldham-teenager-Tom-Eaves.html?ITO=1490

West Ham join Newcastle and Wigan in chase for Oldham teenager Tom Eaves

West Ham, Newcastle and Wigan are among a clutch of clubs monitoring Oldham striker Tom Eaves.

The 6ft 4in teenager only made his debut this year and has appeared 13 times as a substitute, but is showing the potential to play at a higher level.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1268445/West-Ham-join-Newcastle-Wigan-chase-Oldham-teenager-Tom-Eaves.html?ITO=1490

This is the kind of signing i expect tbh.

Mounir El Hamdaoui of AZ alkmaar could be someone we are looking at. We've been linked with AZ's Jeremiah Lens, but I think it's more likely to be El Hamdaoui. He's over 20 goals again this season as he was in the previous one.

Here's the interesting bit though, he was at Tottenham from 2005-2007, and Hughton would have been coaching at Tottenham then.

Connor Wickham. Very impressive today and has been ever since he made his debut; looks a very promising player.

Just Googled him and there's a lot of hype I wasn't actually aware of.  From 15th November:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1227883/Manchester-United-Arsenal-Liverpool-Chelsea-scramble-sign-Connor-Wickham--Wayne-Rooney.html

A club source said: 'Whenever Wickham is down to play for the first team or reserves, two dozen scouts emerge out of nowhere to watch him. The consensus is he's as good as Rooney was at that age but is a lot bigger.'

Would anyone here take Carew? On his way out from Villa apparently (or well, according to the media so it's probably bullshit, but whatever, the question still stands) with Fulham and Spurs chasing him.

Would anyone here take Carew? On his way out from Villa apparently (or well, according to the media so it's probably bullshit, but whatever, the question still stands) with Fulham and Spurs chasing him.

He's a good player but we already have a plethora of big powerful target men. It would make more sense to target an alternative to Lovenkrands I would have thought.

He's a good player but we already have a plethora of big powerful target men. It would make more sense to target an alternative to Lovenkrands I would have thought.

Unless we are planning on getting two brand new top central midfielders I really don't think we should be looking to play 4-4-2 next season imo.

Therefore we need a quality big man who is also fast and athletic and who can play alone up top for us. Carew is the sort we will need.

Guest Roger Kint

Mounir El Hamdaoui of AZ alkmaar could be someone we are looking at. We've been linked with AZ's Jeremiah Lens, but I think it's more likely to be El Hamdaoui. He's over 20 goals again this season as he was in the previous one.

Here's the interesting bit though, he was at Tottenham from 2005-2007, and Hughton would have been coaching at Tottenham then.

Would like it, doubt it though