Sunderland...

Heron

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=11678678&postcount=69

Randy Savage has reached tipping point, I see.

But he's ok, Randy, man :rolleyes:

Knerb Jockey.

Why don't you go back to your own board?

Oh, hang on, it's because all the mag forums are utterly f***ing s****.

Compared to RTG! :lol:

If that's the same guy he's got a very different tone when he's on here.

If that is indeed the same Randy Savage on here, then oh dear, he's lost it......

(Was probably just emotional about the whole thing).

me: 12 points eh, 4 wins to catch us minimum is big ask

mackem at work: 3 wins sonna, we've already won the game at your place

a minute later i'd bet him 100 quid we finish above them, and 100 quid we win the derby

f***ing knackers ask for it man

ffs you've jinxed it!

In fairness to Randy, when he came on here and made some points he got taken apart for it. If you look at the two boards 'RTG' and 'N-O' you'll find that N-O is full of real football discussions, comedy and some niggling fights between certain posters. RTG seems to be an aggressive, delusional haven for people who care more about slagging off one another or us than anything else. There's no comparison between the boards as this place is class but we shouldn't give Randy a hard time when he comes on here unless he acts up

Guest Haris Vuckic

He's wrong too, it was a famous number 9 before the 50's, perhaps not world wide - but the top flight wasn't either back then now the entire world watches the Premier League and the man who wore our number 9 has scored the most goals in the competition.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm fairly sure there's reference to the number 9 in the 1955 F.A Cup final victory over Man City - in the commentary.

Just a question, why do they seem to hate Coventry so much?

Coventry narrowly avoided relegation at the expense of Sunderland during the 96-97 season. Obviously rather than this just being a simple twist of fate the residents of Mackemland have taken this personally and now hold a grudge against them. Basically, imagine us despising Hull for daring to finish one place above us when we went down because that's more or less their problem.

I posted the bit below, are you sure it was 96-97?

It goes back to May 1977, I think.  The Mackems were relegated basically becaue Coventry and Bristol could have also got relegated so Coventry managed to get the game delayed for 15 minutes or so.  Coventry and Bristol only needed a draw once the mackem result was known and they both p*ssed about for the last 15 minutes knowing that they didn't have to win the game.

Coventry should have been shafted for that because it was almost certainly a fix, it was funny though at the time.

Edit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Hill

Despite his surprise departure as manager in 1967, Hill returned to Coventry City as managing director in April 1975 before becoming the chairman. As chairman, at a crucial relegation match at home to Bristol City at the end of the 1976–77 season, Hill delayed the kick off by 10 minutes for fans still outside caught in the heavy traffic. Relegation rivals Sunderland, playing at Everton kicked off on time. Sunderland eventually lost the game 2–0. Knowing that all Coventry needed to stay up was a draw, the Sunderland result was flashed up on the scoreboard. Hill made his players pass the ball around in their own half for the last 10 minutes of the game, saving Coventry from relegation at the expense of Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur and Stoke City. Hill was never forgiven by Sunderland fans.

Both are indeed correct, Coventry had a reputation of escaping relegation by the skin of their teeth, and Sunderland suffered twice. One season they loaned Mick Ferguson from Birmingham City who in his 5 games or so scored 3 goals including one on the final day, which helped Coventry stay up on the last day of the season at the expense of ...........Birmingham City, they then sent him back without buying him. Another season, they had to win their last 3 games, one of which were the champions Everton, for some reason, I think it was to do with the European Cup Winners Cup final, the game with Everton was put back until a week after the season had finished. Knowing they had to win to stop up, they did 4-1, mind the team Everton fielded was nothing like the team which won the League the week before.

They also had the Speedie/Bennett fight in the late 80's in a 0-0 draw at Joker in the League Cup quarters before Coventry put 5 past them in the replay.

"my mate on Facebook says Heskey is at Seaham Hall as we speak"

;D ;D ;D

Ensuing panic erupts.....  ha ha.

Got him as a future transfer to Sunderland for £2m on FM.  :lol: It's inevitable.  :lol:

Pards used to always buy him on FM11, was really unusual.